Post Match. Pies pipped in Prelim. All comments please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by K »

But did it scar you for life? :wink:
K

Post by K »

dollygray wrote:... So de-list him and use the money to find a decent FF. ...
How do we delist someone who's on a contract?
ANNODAM
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 34 times

Post by ANNODAM »

^ The Club can but they just gotta pay their contract out.

Time to admit the Beams experiment (I'm assuming this is about Beams) was a failure.
I mean him no harm, don't get me wrong but in hindsight it wasn't the smartest move we've made.

*Ignore of it's referring to another player.
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
K

Post by K »

Yes, but that payout would count under the salary cap. Even payouts to sacked coaches count under the soft cap. (North have problems, but they negotiated something with Scott.)
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

[quote="Magpietothemax"][quote="watt price tully"]
Another troll. Are you and Adz the same poster? This was not a grand final genius. Pathetic & histrionic nonsense. Learn to grow a pair.

Scarred FFS
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
RudeBoy
Been liked: 88 times

Post by RudeBoy »

K wrote:But did it scar you for life? :wink:
It actually ska'd me for life! :wink:
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Others have been mentioning the total lack of effect of Brodie Grundy's domination in the ruck. We always win fewer clearances than the opposition, in spite of it. Some are suggesting it is because of it. I agree that in order to improve, we need to analyse how we benefit from Brodie's domination in the ruck. Is it true that he is not actually rucking effectively? Does he need new, different coaching? Do we need to look at reviewing the entire midfield -ruckman connection in our game plan? Could Brodie actually play as a giant midfielder? I hope we find answers to these questions during the summer, and act on them. If we can find how to get the meshing of our midfield
ruck combination to improve, that would already be a massive source of improvement.

Those who are suggesting we need another tall forward: we really missed Cox. He is so important to our forward structure, both in regard to our small forwards and to Brodie Mihocek. The revelation (to me) that this year he was probably playing with imperfect vision for the entire season (before the latest retinal tear) goes a long way towards explaining why he didn't make the strides forward this year that we were hoping for. I think that we do need another tall for our forward line. Mihocek is a fine forward, but cannot play the role of primary tall target. He needs to take the opposition second defender. With Ben Reid likely to retire, it makes sense for us to go hard to get one somewhere, some how.

Another midfielder? We have Wills and Sier who are both capable of playing the big bodied inside mid role. Sier needs to commit to getting fit. If he's not going to then we need to trade him and find another one.

And to all those who have mentioned injuries and how we need to improve our recovery strategies, rehabilitiation programs I absolutely concur. All teams have injuries, but year after year, ours reaches crisis proportions bordering on tipping point. And goes on for the entire year, not just one part of the year. For a club with our resources, it is so frustrating that we never seem to address this issue. I hope this is one of our priorities over summer. I am willing to sign any petition, or send any email, to demand that the club does this.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Magpietothemax
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Larabee

Post by Larabee »

I’ve followed Pies since 1970 GF. I am scarred for life no doubt about it, but remember, you don’t choose Collingwood, Collingwood chooses you. We love to be hated. We understand close but not close enough. We are gutted and depressed. However, I‘d rather be a losing Collingwood fanatic than a winning Richmond/Geelong/St Kilda/..... fan.

We will be back.
President - Coffs Harbour Collingwood Supporters Assoc. Inc.
Larabee

Post by Larabee »

I’ve followed Pies since 1970 GF. I am scarred for life no doubt about it, but remember, you don’t choose Collingwood, Collingwood chooses you. We love to be hated. We understand close but not close enough. We are gutted and depressed. However, I‘d rather be a losing Collingwood fanatic than a winning Richmond/Geelong/St Kilda/..... fan.

We will be back.
President - Coffs Harbour Collingwood Supporters Assoc. Inc.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 88 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Mitchell is 100% correct.

What I'd like to know is whether Grundy's low effectiveness, was due to his poor (uncreative) decision-making, or whether he was simply following poor coaching instructions.

Either way, it cost us the game. :?
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 38 times

Post by Skids »

Just watched the last 10 minutes again. Geez there were some really bad decisions and non decisions by the umpires.
That GWS bloke was 2m out of bounds and allowed to play on in our F50, Pendles constantly held on to and a couple of holding the ball not played, just to mention a few.
Still, with 8 minutes to go and 6 points down, we had our chances.

Bugger .
Don't count the days, make the days count.
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

ANNODAM wrote:^ The Club can but they just gotta pay their contract out.

Time to admit the Beams experiment (I'm assuming this is about Beams) was a failure.
I mean him no harm, don't get me wrong but in hindsight it wasn't the smartest move we've made.

*Ignore of it's referring to another player.
Surely if he can’t play due to illness, we shouldn’t have to pay? At least not above base salary. I’d hope if he’s not coming back he would retire, and not expect to get paid out.

And seriously, he needs to get well. That’s the most important thing. And a high pressure AFL career, won’t help there.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

piedys wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
piedys wrote:Enjoy watching the game Beams?
I usually enjoy your comments very muchy, piedsy
But that one's a low blow.
Mate, I'm not buying the spin on Beams, sorry.
He should have been out there in those packs with clean hands.
There goes another shot at a premiership, period.
*Sigh*

Spoken by an ignoramus. The type who say to sufferers of depression to harden the f-ck up and pull up your socks etc. So frustrating to hear this crap in 2019 ffs. Mate if you don't know about the delebitating effects of depression by now, you are a bloody moron. :evil: I have suffered from chronic depression since 1991 and only a fabulous medical support team and a close family has kept me alive. I get it that you cant empathise because you are fortunate not to have this mental illness but if you at least understand or educate yourself, it will be extremely useful for you to make posts that are not offensive or insulting to the sufferers of depression.
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

Larabee wrote:I’ve followed Pies since 1970 GF. I am scarred for life no doubt about it, but remember, you don’t choose Collingwood, Collingwood chooses you. We love to be hated. We understand close but not close enough. We are gutted and depressed. However, I‘d rather be a losing Collingwood fanatic than a winning Richmond/Geelong/St Kilda/..... fan.

We will be back.
Spoken like a real Collingwood supporter with genuine passion. Fabulous post.
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!