Post Match. Pies pipped in Prelim. All comments please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

Magpietothemax wrote: Agree absolutely, and was in the process of typing a similar comment. He had a bad game tonight, but was not just due to him. It was due also to the fact that our mids were down for most of the game. He has been a gun in our forward line throughout the season. He does need however another tall to assist. Unfortunately, Ben Reid was unable to provide enough tonight.. Mihocek is the perfecgt second forward target...we need a first target so that Brodie can play to his true potential.
Absolutely correct IMHO MTTM.

Who's out there though, or who's in our ranks to provide the first tall forward target? Jenkins????
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Fox are purveyors of fake news. They are journalistic scum. Applies in politics, and no less in AFL football.
This result is disastrous for the Pies??
Why?
Because GWS won, despite the absence of Greenfingers, Whitfield, Coniglio, Ward???
OK, but we were without JDG, Langdon, Cox, and Greenwood, and Beams.
Our outs were just as massive as theirs.
But no mention is made of this.
We need to totally ignore this media scum pack.
The entire Fox rabble were blatantly hoping for a GWS win.
Their real intentions are now clear: so they can pour their rabid, anti-Collingwood hysteria onto the airwaves.

This loss won't be catastrophic.
It will make us extremely angry.
And determined to find the missing parts of the jigsaw puzzle that we still need.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 120 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

RudeBoy wrote:P4S, I agree our midfield lost it again. Despite having the dominant ruckman, we got clobbered in clearances. That is simply not good enough.
The really scary thing about being clobbered in the clearances is that Grundy alone had the best part of a third of them. That's superhuman from a ruckman - if you took his 10 out, the Giants had more than twice as many as the rest of our team (54 to 25).
Monco Matt

Post by Monco Matt »

Bullied around the ball for 3.5 qtrs and quite frankly played for self preservation until the scoreline got out of hand. They were far too hard for us and we didn't push back until late. Such a waste but all year we have been like this trying to win off the back of 15 minutes. Typical Collingwood, they know how to stick the knife in and give it a good twist.
RED "BABY" CAVANAUGH: Didn't hear what the bet was.

MONCO: Your life.
stoliboy
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 57 times

Post by stoliboy »

What a waste of a game and a season.

3 quarters of garbage football only to try in the final quarter. Who wins games kicking only 3 goals up to 3 quarter time? How have we been winning games kicking only 9 or 10 goals in a game? It's not good enough.

I don't know what to feel.

For a Club that tries to play a hard style of football how does that first 3 quarters happen? At one point the crowd was quiet I almost forgot it was a Preliminary Final (compare that to last night's game).

No idea where our team goes from here.

Even with De Goey I'm not sure we would have won next week. Our team is missing a genuine forward ala Jeremy Cameron, Josh Kennedy, Tom Lynch, etc Brody Mihocek was a top goal kicker on 36 and is too inconstant.
Sydney Collingwood Supporters Club
http://sydneymagpies.magpies.net/
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 46 times

Post by David »

re: selection, I think Aish did fine, but Reid probably wasn’t the right choice, particularly on a day that was going to be so wet. Can’t help but feel that the class of Varcoe would have made a big difference.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
PyreneesPie

Post by PyreneesPie »

Magpietothemax wrote:Fox are purveyors of fake news. They are journalistic scum. Applies in politics, and no less in AFL football.
This result is disastrous for the Pies??
Why?
Because GWS won, despite the absence of Greenfingers, Whitfield, Coniglio, Ward???
OK, but we were without JDG, Langdon, Cox, and Greenwood, and Beams.
Our outs were just as massive as theirs.
But no mention is made of this.
We need to totally ignore this media scum pack.
The entire Fox rabble were blatantly hoping for a GWS win.
Their real intentions are now clear: so they can pour their rabid, anti-Collingwood hysteria onto the airwaves.

This loss won't be catastrophic.
It will make us extremely angry.
And determined to find the missing parts of the jigsaw puzzle that we still need.
Oh, this SO true !!!! Dropping my subscription to Fox next season!!!
PyreneesPie

Post by PyreneesPie »

David wrote:re: selection, I think Aish did fine, but Reid probably wasn’t the right choice, particularly on a day that was going to be so wet. Can’t help but feel that the class of Varcoe would have made a big difference.
I ask the question again - didn't the selectors look at the weather forecast?????
Of course Varcs would have made a difference!!
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Magpietothemax wrote:
kymbo5@yahoo.com.au wrote:To those bagging Checkers.

Yes - he had little influence on the game today.

But - He has essentially carried the forward line this year, he is a big reason we won many games to get us to this point.

He is a fine key forward. We dont need to throw him away just yet.
Agree absolutely, and was in the process of typing a similar comment. He had a bad game tonight, but was not just due to him. It was due also to the fact that our mids were down for most of the game. He has been a gun in our forward line throughout the season. He does need however another tall to assist. Unfortunately, Ben Reid was unable to provide enough tonight.. Mihocek is the perfecgt second forward target...we need a first target so that Brodie can play to his true potential.
That's all good and well, but finals are there for players to make their names. No one remembers players who were great during the H&A but couldn't perform in finals, but everyone remembers players who made their mark when it matters.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 131 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Pies4shaw wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:P4S, I agree our midfield lost it again. Despite having the dominant ruckman, we got clobbered in clearances. That is simply not good enough.
The really scary thing about being clobbered in the clearances is that Grundy alone had the best part of a third of them. That's superhuman from a ruckman - if you took his 10 out, the Giants had more than twice as many as the rest of our team (54 to 25).
Sums it up.
bally12

Post by bally12 »

We got belted in the midfield. Grundy doesn't tap to advantage, he may as well just grab it or thump iit forward.

I'm not a fan of the selections. Noble is too small and not strong through the hips hence can't cut to the side or sidestep. It's like we have a kid playing out there. Reid has been past it for a while. Slows us up, and when he gets it his set-shots are woeful.

Crispy was awesome for us, save for that turnover goal. Just thump it long in the wet mate.
Moore was the other one that is up for big games. He's just got something when the moment is there.
Elliott just didn't get the chances.
Jordy in the middle would have won us this game.

Sorry but this is a coaching fail. Our mindset is to be conservative and be on the back foot. I'm sick of down-the-line play, and no willingness to be aggressive and take the game on until it's too late. Contrast this to Richmond. We got what we deserved. Our game style needs to change. I don't even enjoy going to the footy and watching this boring style. It's sh#t Buckley. You owe it to the supporters to at least have a f#cking go, be aggressive,, actually run in waves side-by-side,, and cut through the guts at every opportunity.
piedys
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by piedys »

PyreneesPie wrote:
David wrote:re: selection, I think Aish did fine, but Reid probably wasn’t the right choice, particularly on a day that was going to be so wet. Can’t help but feel that the class of Varcoe would have made a big difference.
I ask the question again - didn't the selectors look at the weather forecast?????
Of course Varcs would have made a difference!!
Varcoe would have gone missing like he does most weeks.
He plays one good game, then unsighted for the next.
He makes cameos in finals, and nothing more.
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Adz

Post by Adz »

Mumford taught Grundy a football lesson. He mauled him once the ball hit the deck.
Adz

Post by Adz »

How bad is Noble. Probably the 35th player on our list.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 131 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Adz wrote:Mumford taught Grundy a football lesson. He mauled him once the ball hit the deck.
You mean poked him in the eye, kneed him, dropped into his back, shoved him in the back... yeah, real football lesson on how to get away with shit.