Post Match. Pies pipped in Prelim. All comments please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 120 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

shawthing wrote:
Streak wrote:Can we acknowledge that the coach many of you love to bash nearly dragged us over the line with a three-quarter-time rev-up?

I don't see what else, structurally, changed.
Mayne thrown forward. Mihocek should have been benched.
Now may not be the best time to try to start a coherent discussion but I have been very distressed with the way we have kept acquiring mids with the big money and trying to pick CHFs out of the bargain basement. Really, since we chased Dawes out the door, we have tried to make do with Lynch, White and Mihocek. We have no gun tall forward. We haven’t had one since we sent Travis packing. The worst aspect of it is that we haven’t even really been looking for one.

On what we witnessed today, you’d give back Treloar, WHE, Adams and Beams to trade in a quality big forward.
Last edited by Pies4shaw on Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
derkd
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by derkd »

BEAMER09 wrote:
mgh3536 wrote:Can’t believe hoskin Elliot has escaped scrutiny!!
yep he had a schocker...
Lets be honest, almost all our forwards and Midfield were awful..only our backline can hold the heads high....Grundy was outstanding, Elliott tried, Stephenson went missing (understanding) given second week blues after 10 weeks out.

Club has to be bold at the trade table. God we need a Liam Ryan type..super leg speed, also outside leg speed in the middle.
Last edited by derkd on Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

BEAMER09 wrote:
yep he had a schocker...
But he did have a brilliant five or so minutes in the last quarter that got us back in it.
shawthing
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by shawthing »

Larabee wrote:Pies had many chances to win this game and couldn’t. I would rather they lost by 40 than by 4. Thankfully I’m working next Saturday and won’t have to find an excuse to watch the game.
I'll take my camera bush now and reconnect with nature. How long can a coach stay in the job at Collingwood and not win flags? How can a president remain unchallenged with just one premiership in 20 years? Time for a complete change at Collingwood. If we slip next year we must stop acting like mad people (doing the same thing over and expecting things will change). We are what we are - a middle of the road club.
piedys
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by piedys »

derkd wrote:
BEAMER09 wrote:
yep he had a schocker...
Lets be honest, almost all our forwards and Midfield were awful..only our backline can hold the heads high.
Cannot believe the lack of intensity to 3/4-time; i'm still stunned and angry
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
PyreneesPie

Post by PyreneesPie »

derkd wrote:
BEAMER09 wrote:
yep he had a schocker...
Lets be honest, almost all our forwards and Midfield were awful..only our backline can hold the heads high.
Agree, except for Billy. He played with both cool and heart.
PyreneesPie

Post by PyreneesPie »

shawthing wrote:
Larabee wrote:Pies had many chances to win this game and couldn’t. I would rather they lost by 40 than by 4. Thankfully I’m working next Saturday and won’t have to find an excuse to watch the game.
I'll take my camera bush now and reconnect with nature. How long can a coach stay in the job at Collingwood and not win flags? How can a president remain unchallenged with just one premiership in 20 years? Time for a complete change at Collingwood. If we slip next year we must stop acting like mad people (doing the same thing over and expecting things will change). We are what we are - a middle of the road club.
Pleased to hear you're going bush.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 90 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Basically the Giants out muscled us for most of the game except the last 20 minutes.

A few of our players get tossed around far too easily.

Hoskin-Elliott
Brown
Aish
Noble.

We lost this game because the giants wanted it more.

FFS, once again we got clobbered at clearances, despite having the dominant ruckman. This has been a recurring theme for about 3 yrs now.

Like everyone, I'm very disappointed, but as I've seen us lose 11 Grand finals, I no longer get shattered any more. It is what it is.
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Truth is, our season ended when JDG and Greenwood got injured against Geelong.

When they went down, we were dominated by Geelong and just held for the win.

We were awful today except for about 25 minutes of football.

We would have been slaughtered by the Tigers. We needed a full team to trouble the Tigers.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
derkd
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by derkd »

Big question, what happend to Crisp??? He was killing it in the first quater.
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
shawthing

Post by shawthing »

doriswilgus wrote:I just looked at some of the stats.Reid got four possessions and Mihocek got 2.Six whole possessions from your two key forwards!Just not good enough.Clearly we need to recruit another key forward,but who can we get?
We had a chance to get Lynch last year but we needed more midget midfielders not KPPs. I give up. Recruiting is Buckley's real kryptonite.
eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Last year we lost the GF to a better team, you take that and move on

Today we got beaten by a shit club, missing half their top talent and our damn weak %$^%$ were too scared to go near the damn football because it was raining, even our great leaders put jackets on every time they got onto the bench, soft!
mudlark

Post by mudlark »

2 big games ,2 huge Miochek flops. Absolutely pathetic today.I don't think Wills is up to the game.He just will not kick the ball and point blank refuses to carry the ball forward.I just cannot understand this concept.You just cannot have non contributors when you lose by 4 points.Hoskin Elliot was pert near shameful and has been for about the last 4 games and as much as I think he's going to be OK ,Callum Brown was very disappointing today, particularly when he dropped that mark at half forward when the game was still up for grabs.These are defining moments that good players don't stuff up.We need some big changes to our list and No 1on the list is a full forward who can kick more than 40 metres and take a mark and contest. Lots more but that will be a great start.Any hoo.I'm off for this year.I don't think I'll ever be back on this site so enjoy your lives.
PyreneesPie

Post by PyreneesPie »

shawthing wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:I just looked at some of the stats.Reid got four possessions and Mihocek got 2.Six whole possessions from your two key forwards!Just not good enough.Clearly we need to recruit another key forward,but who can we get?
We had a chance to get Lynch last year but we needed more midget midfielders not KPPs. I give up. Recruiting is Buckley's real kryptonite.
the bush is beckoning shawthing. :D
shawthing

Post by shawthing »

Pies4shaw wrote:
shawthing wrote:
Streak wrote:Can we acknowledge that the coach many of you love to bash nearly dragged us over the line with a three-quarter-time rev-up?

I don't see what else, structurally, changed.
Mayne thrown forward. Mihocek should have been benched.
Now may not be the best time to try to start a coherent discussion but I have been very distressed with the way we have kept acquiring mids with the big money and trying to pick CHFs out of the bargain basement. Really, since we chased Dawes out the door, we have tried to make do with Lynch, White and Mihocek. We have no gun tall forward. We haven’t had one since we sent Travis packing. The worst aspect of it is that we haven’t even really been looking for one.

On what we witnessed today, you’d give back Treloar, WHE, Adams and Beams to trade in a quality big forward.
+ 100.

The Fox commentators are saying this result is absolutely disastrous for Collingwood. We might implode.