Post Match. Pies punish Cats. All comments please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

Woods wrote:
‘The Good, Bad and Ugly - Collingwood v Geelong’ at: https://themongrelpunt.com/afl/2019/09/ ... ngpiescats
That would have to be one of the most entertaining footy articles I've read in a long time. Astute, clever and quite hilarious!! :lol: :lol: Thanks Woods for the link.
Abdul The Bull

Post by Abdul The Bull »

What a cracking game! There was so much to enjoy. Watching Darcy Moore's confidence grow in the last quarter was very pleasing. I expect he will be busting to get out on the paddock for the prelim.
Elliot's chase down was monumental. He was an active target in F50 as well.
Howe was rock solid across Half Back and Maynard slaughtered Ablett.
Geelong were comprehensively beaten and that's a credit to the Pies' coaching staff.
Fair play though, Danger was amazing and almost got Geelong across the line single-handed.
But, above all, congrats to the Skipper for a standout game 300. Kicking a clutch goal in the third was awesome.
Can't wait for the Prelim!
There are 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that don't.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 130 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

I hate having next week off, I want to get stuck straight into the prelim! Good for DeGoey and a few sore bodies though.
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

90 nice wrote:attendance was healthy I think it was around 93k which is a great turn out considering the weather
The weather was perfect, it wasn’t that cold and it wasn’t windy, didn’t rain, fabulous
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
neil
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by neil »

The only questions are how come we were only 10 points up at the end we should have been a lot more and who comes in for the injured?
Carlscum 120 years being cheating scum
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Wins and win but would have liked to kick at least 2-3 goals in the last quarter
matrix10

Post by matrix10 »

Brown was exceptional in key moments in the third when the cast were coming.
Also some lovely things in last that don't necessarily show up on stats sheet.
Played a defensive on bigger players. will be much better for the run.

An amazing team effort- some standout individual games and moments- no passengers. Every player did something to show their worth.

Howie, Jamie, Steele, Bruzzy, Pendles, Brodie, Tay and Darcy were the standouts.

Mihocek's game was superb- did so much stuff off the all and contested everything- most of trime he spilt a contest when he had 2 cats on him. He is a peerless clubman.
Big praise for Tom Phillips too- bets game he's played all year- never stopped running and some key moments.

Off to watch replay AGAIN!
Go Pies!
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

Our depth maybe our 1 wood. Most clubs would welcome the chance to have:

* Aish
* Varcoe
* Goldsack
* T Brown
* Madgen
* Wells
* Broomhead
* Daicos
* Murphy
* Appleby
* Crocker
* Lynch
* Sier
* Reid

amidst the long-term injuries to Mason, Dayne, Quaynor, and Langdon. Well done Derek Hine and Ned Guy.
Last edited by inxs88 on Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 118 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

matrix10 wrote:Brown was exceptional in key moments in the third when the cast were coming.
Also some lovely things in last that don't necessarily show up on stats sheet.
Played a defensive on bigger players. will be much better for the run.

An amazing team effort- some standout individual games and moments- no passengers. Every player did something to show their worth.

Howie, Jamie, Steele, Bruzzy, Pendles, Brodie, Tay and Darcy were the standouts.

Mihocek's game was superb- did so much stuff off the all and contested everything- most of trime he spilt a contest when he had 2 cats on him. He is a peerless clubman.
Big praise for Tom Phillips too- bets game he's played all year- never stopped running and some key moments.

Off to watch replay AGAIN!
Go Pies!
I agree with your comments about Brown. At key moments in the second half, he and Sidebottom repeatedly showed how much difference can by made in a pressure Final by a player who doesn’t fumble.
thebaldfacts

Post by thebaldfacts »

Another great effort and really proud of the boys.

Enjoy the week off.

Shame about Levi. Jordy may be done for the year too. Come GF 1/2 a game in near on 3 months is not ideal preparation.

Only issue is our failure to close the door on the opposition. Always seem to keep the door ajar. Had feelings of deja vu. Visions of the GF were flooding back.
Presti35
Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 97 times

Post by Presti35 »

We were knackered in that last quarter. Being 2 rotations down and holding on for victory was something special.

It would have been nice to put them away, and we had a chance when Mihocek missed that goal. But it was still a very impressive win.

How many games this year, have we lost someone during the match? Has to be some kind of record.

To see Levi and JDG sining the team song with big smiles on their faces makes you get all emotional and shit.

Seeing Pendles carried off after 300 games also makes you all emotional and shit.

I'm glad I was there and will remember this win for a long time. Even got myself some SP300 merch. :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ee3Jh5qRDMo
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 118 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

I’m saving my money for SP400.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 130 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Presti35 wrote:We were knackered in that last quarter. Being 2 rotations down and holding on for victory was something special.

It would have been nice to put them away, and we had a chance when Mihocek missed that goal. But it was still a very impressive win.
They were absolutely stuffed in the last quarter. I remember seeing Mihocek absolutely spent and barely able to jog back to position for the ball up. It just makes the efforts like Elliot's run and smother in the last quarter even more phenomenal -- he was absolutely blowing like Anthony Rocca after a marathon when he got to the bench.
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by What'sinaname »

WCE and GWS both win and win without any injuries.

Get stuffed God!!
Fighting against the objectification of woman.