Post Match. Pies punish Cats. All comments please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

tbaker

Post by tbaker »

Adz wrote:Our Prelim will def be Friday night.
I'm pretty sure it will be Saturday afternoon (if we play an interstate side) or Saturday evening (Vic opponent).

It all plays out logically to that scenario, when you consider the only possible combinations and scheduling for next week's games too.
The winner of lions/tigers will play prelim on Friday night against winner of cats/wce (next fri night)

The loser of lions/tigers will play giants/dogs next Saturday; winner to face pies in the prelim.
I find your lack of faith disturbing
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

DT wrote:Credit to JT for playing a really tough defensive role last night. He absolutely copped several high tackles from the Cats and received zero free kicks. A classic example of playing your role well
Good pick-up: Thomas showed a real toughness last night & was clobbered without getting free kicks.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 105 times

Post by Pies2016 »

The job Maynard did on Ablett can’t be overstated.
Ablett led the comp in ground balls inside the forward fifty. He’s the architect of most of their goal assists if he’s not kicking them himself.

Maynard is a bonafide gun. In the air or on the ground, bigger or smaller.
In team sport, there’s nothing better than coaching a bloke you can trust to get it done every week, year in, year out.
He’s a beauty !
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Agreed. He played very well indeed (despite his hairstyling)
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

We can cover for greenwood not sure on JDG
Pep

Post by Pep »

Great win, now in a prelim and for Pendles 300th just continues to show his class and how good he is.

Could tell we were harder at the ball and the diving smoothers showed we wanted it more.

Sidey. Just wow.

Played good finals brand of footy based on tackling pressure and when we had quick ball movement, thats when we looked our most dangerous.

A bit worrying that we didn't score in the last qtr, could see that we changed tactics as we had a good lead at 3 qtr time.
Just so important to take our opportunities to hit the scoreboard.

Our defence was awesome, all of them played their part with special mentions to Howe, Moore and Maynard.

De Goey has two weeks to get right now, hope it was precautionary as when he plays opposition will be nervous. Feel bad for Greenwood, important player that leaves a hole that leaves the door open for Aish or Shaz depending who we play.

Would not make any changes to the team except because of injury, a few ppl mentioning Brown could be dropped.
I don't think he will be, 5 tackles 9 disposals at 100% eff. 3 contested. Gives us a bit of dash and applies pressure and can run all game and not injury prone. And Noble was great, what a mid season pick up.

Lets enjoy the weekend and the week off and take a good look who we will play and prepare to beat them.
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

tbaker wrote:
Adz wrote:Our Prelim will def be Friday night.
I'm pretty sure it will be Saturday afternoon (if we play an interstate side) or Saturday evening (Vic opponent).

It all plays out logically to that scenario, when you consider the only possible combinations and scheduling for next week's games too.
The winner of lions/tigers will play prelim on Friday night against winner of cats/wce (next fri night)

The loser of lions/tigers will play giants/dogs next Saturday; winner to face pies in the prelim.
Since we are the first qualifier, we play the winner of the game between the other qualifier game loser and the winner of the elimination final, we get the home prelim I think? No interstate game now.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
tbaker

Post by tbaker »

^ that's right - we get our home final now in the PF, at the MCG. That is certain.
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

in comes reid for jdg if not available for pf and aish for greenwood
tbaker

Post by tbaker »

90 nice wrote:in comes reid for jdg if not available for pf and aish for greenwood
There are a number of possible inclusions for both players:
JDG: Reid, Varcoe, Wells
Levi: Aish, Scharenberg

According to SEN JDG has been ruled out of PF.
ANNODAM
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 34 times

Post by ANNODAM »

Pies2016 wrote:The job Maynard did on Ablett can’t be overstated.
Ablett led the comp in ground balls inside the forward fifty. He’s the architect of most of their goal assists if he’s not kicking them himself.

Maynard is a bonafide gun. In the air or on the ground, bigger or smaller.
In team sport, there’s nothing better than coaching a bloke you can trust to get it done every week, year in, year out.
He’s a beauty !

He's a fkn animal!
And an angry one at that!

Love it!
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

attendance was healthy I think it was around 93k which is a great turn out considering the weather
Dave The Man
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Massive Effort to Hang On there.

Moore showed how Important he is to us in last Qtr.

Need the Break after that Physical Game

Scumps could not get Cats over the Line.

Need to play lot better to win the Flag.

Sucks about Greenwood and De Goey.

WHE and Brown and Thoms I felt where Poor.

But we won and that all that Counts
I am Da Man
RudeBoy
Been liked: 88 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Having celebrated our great victory last night, here's my negatives:

Hoskin-Elliott needs to have more impact in games. He oozes class, but has a tendency to go missing.

Brown is not quite ready for finals footy. He has had quite a good H & A season, but against bigger, stronger bodies, playing physical footy, he is too easily brushed aside.

Crisp had a very quiet game, for his standards, but hopefully he will bounce back in the prelim.

Losing JDG is a terrible blow, but I would aim to have him ready for the grannie, not the prelim. If indeed, he left the ground as a precaution, 3 weeks might be just enough time to get him ready.

Greenwood's injury is potentially career ending for him, which is a tragedy.

The changes I would make to the side would be:

Out: Greenwood, JDG, Brown

In: Aish, Reid, Varcoe.
Dave The Man
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Dave The Man »

doriswilgus wrote:Buckley didn’t sound too confident about DeGoey’s hamstring after the game,but then again he didn’t sound too confident about Moore’s hamstring two weeks ago either.Hopefully it’s just hamstring tightness for DeGoey as well.

He was the Same with Moore's one after Essendon Game
I am Da Man