Post Match. Pies punish Cats. All comments please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Donny
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by Donny »

Best moments.

Pendles' goal.

Howe's goal.

Wills' tackling.

Howe's smother.

Moore's last quarter.

Pendles being chaired off.

Getting a video from within the cheer squad, just after the final siren. :D
Donny.

It's a game. Enjoy it. :D
burnsy17

Post by burnsy17 »

VicParkTragic wrote:How good was the chant in the last 30 seconds of the game!!!!
m

It was damn unreal!
Beware the swooping Magpie.
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

Agree with all Donny.
Where was the video shown? That guy was amongst us all night! We were right behind the cheer squad!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

PyreneesPie wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:The whole commentary was a disgrace
It has been all year eddie. There is never ever much praise for Collingwood from 7s commentary team, especially. They annoy the hell out of me.
It's even worse on Fox with Hudson, Dunstall and Russell.

I don't consider myself a violent man but what I would give for 5 minutes alone with Hudson armed with a blow up baseball bat.

I don't want to kill him hence the weapon of choice but boy it would be satisfying bouncing the bat of that annoying man child.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

Donny wrote:Best moments.

Pendles' goal.

Howe's goal.

Wills' tackling.

Howe's smother.

Moore's last quarter.

Pendles being chaired off.

Getting a video from within the cheer squad, just after the final siren. :D
All wonderful moments indeed. I would add Billy's last quarter smother.
piedys
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by piedys »

So... after pissing a victory against the wall in round 1 against these flogs, and just gagging for another crack at them in a QF, we finally got our wish, and the desired result. And Justice For All!

Still filthy on Mihochek for missing that sitter late in 2nd term, only to result in a 2 goal turn-around, then another gift goal to them. It was at that point my anxiety was set off the charts...
The game should have been iced by half time, but instead, the pussycat dolls went into the break with belief and hope, and that is always a dangerous combo.

We held our nerve, and held on; and that in itself was fantastic.
Yet the last quarter bag of scoreboard donuts still holds major concerns for many of us, as mentioned on the previous pages. The centre clearance efforts were back to borderline inept, circa June/July.
When exactly was our last scoreless quarter?!

And while every player bought-in for four quarters [barring those injured and consigned to the bench/medical room], some didn't have great games statistically, but most likely did enough 1%ers to retain their spots for PF.

But what a relief to know we won't have to travel interstate again in 2019.
Whilst we still don't know who our opponent will be for the MCG PF, I just hope it isn't Bitchmond.
Do you recall our last QF win was 2011, which sent us into the PF against Whoerthorn, with the most putrid case of concrete legs I've ever seen, netting only what, 5 goals to 3/4-time that night, before falling over the line?
I DO NOT want a repeat of that farce - EVER!

Pull the trigger on Wells; it is now or never, particularly if JDG doesn't make it.
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
PyreneesPie

Post by PyreneesPie »

swoop42 wrote:

I don't consider myself a violent man but what I would give for 5 minutes alone with Hudson armed with a blow up baseball bat.

I don't want to kill him hence the weapon of choice but boy it would be satisfying bouncing the bat of that annoying man child.
Agree! At least Hudson would be put back in his shell a bit after tonight. :D Dwayne Russell is the one who does little to hide his anti-Collingwood stance. Can't stand him.
rambler

Post by rambler »

Did Thomas redeem himself with a solid last quarter?
Bleedblackanwhite

Post by Bleedblackanwhite »

Jezza wrote:Awesome win and we're into another prelim, which is our 9th in 18 seasons.

Couldn't be more prouder of the boys. The pressure from the first bounce was immense and we were excellent in the first half. The injuries of De Goey and Greenwood impacted us but we found a way to grind out a win. Our team defence has been immense since the beginning of August.

We have conceded an average of 53.6 points since the Gold Coast match in round 20:

- Round 20 vs Gold Coast = 51
- Round 21 vs Melbourne = 53
- Round 22 vs Adelaide = 48
- Round 23 vs Essendon = 65
- Qualifying Final vs Geelong = 51

Premiership sides of recent years have always had strong defences. It's encouraging we're reducing opposition sides to low scores.

Great game by Moore, particularly in the last quarter with all his intercept marks. To see his body hold up and contribute was fantastic.

Elliott's form leading into the finals was very encouraging and he was good once again tonight. He was a menacing presence for opposition defenders.

Wills was another highlight of the night. He's certainly stepped it up and made the most of his opportunities since Sier has fallen out of favour with the match commitee.

Stoked for Pendles that he was able to play his 300th in a big final and win the match.

Fingers crossed on the injury front with De Goey and Greenwood.

This.
Collingwood forever, forever Collingwood
eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by eddiesmith »

swoop42 wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:The whole commentary was a disgrace
It has been all year eddie. There is never ever much praise for Collingwood from 7s commentary team, especially. They annoy the hell out of me.

I’m usually pretty good at zoning out the commentators but couldn’t tonight, they were so frustrating.

Haven’t heard Fox much this year, the games I stream through them have the seven commentary, but thought big final, I’ll take over the main tv tonight!

Carey’s lack of understanding of the rules was so, so bad...
PyreneesPie

Post by PyreneesPie »

rambler wrote:Did Thomas redeem himself with a solid last quarter?
Hmmm.... he certainly lifted his attack on the ball in the final quarter which was great to see . However, I believe his performance before that was perhaps the only one that I was questioning. Another selection quandary coming up because Varcs may have been better value overall.
PyreneesPie

Post by PyreneesPie »

eddiesmith wrote:
The way they were all bleating about Browny getting the free over Danger, when his legs were taken out. Grrrrr. :x Did they think the same I wonder when Phillips got that penalty for the same thing earlier in the season?
eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by eddiesmith »

PyreneesPie wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
The way they were all bleating about Browny getting the free over Danger, when his legs were taken out. Grrrrr. :x Did they think the same I wonder when Phillips got that penalty for the same thing earlier in the season?
Yep then they tried to compare an incident when we got the free for too high, apparently don’t understand the FORCEFUL Part of Forceful Contact below the knees! Dangers was exactly what the rule was brought in for, despite their protests saying otherwise
RudeBoy
Been liked: 88 times

Post by RudeBoy »

FFS peoples we just beat the top team, with 2 players down, including our star forward and finals enforcer.

That was a magnificent performance, and it has convinced me we can go all the way.

Our defence were supreme, with the raging bull leading the way and Howe and Moore ruling the air.

Adams ferocity and attacking style got us going in the first quarter. Pendles was joint BOG with Sidey.

Wills is our warrior. He sacrifices himself all game. 13 tackles! Take a bow young man.

Elliott is our X-factor star player, and is poised for greatness this finals campaign.

Sure, we'll miss JDG, but Varcoe can play the same role and is capable of being just as effective.

Aish should replace Greenwood.

I would drop Brown, but I suspect he'll hold his spot.

Well done Pies and shame on any so-called Pies supporters who don't embrace this win as a fantastic victory. Go Pies!
E

Post by E »

eddiesmith wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
Yep then they tried to compare an incident when we got the free for too high, apparently don’t understand the FORCEFUL Part of Forceful Contact below the knees! Dangers was exactly what the rule was brought in for, despite their protests saying otherwise
I'm not sure about that. I agree that the second example was just stupid to compare to the first. I also agree i was made about the Phillips free earlier this year. But i'm also not sure that i want Dangerfield penalized in that situation. He was first to the ball by so far that i dont think its fair that brown can run in and fall over him (and trust me players are trained to do that). I compare that to the situation where the standing player gets to the ball first and is taken out by someone sliding in with his legs (watch the Gary Rowan incident to see what i mean).

You should know that this has been Wayne Carey's big issue with umps for a long time. He hates it. And Wayne carey might be a jerk, but he might be the most unbiased commentator i have heard in a long time in the AFL. He calls it like he sees it and he doesn't choose sides.

He was not being a collingwood hater. He just hates the sliding rule due to its silly interpretations (that judging by your feelings about Phillips, drives you a little crazy too).