Post Match. Pies punish Cats. All comments please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Streak

Post by Streak »

Certainly not a high-scoring showcase, but a good game from a determined side who did what they needed to do. Given the high-pressure style of the game, we just about locked the Cats out by the end of the first half. Pretty dominant display.

Yes, they surged late. They are the minor premiers for a reason. But we had belief that we could take anyone, on any day. Big win for confidence!

Billy was titanic. Wills was grunt personified. Howe was a rock. Some stunning highlights, and memorable moments of great courage. Really proud of the boys tonight.

Maybe we won't sack the coach tonight.
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 105 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Cam wrote:Can't wait to hear Scotty sooking in his presser.
I can see it now -

“ Look, I know Grundy completely obliterated us but I really don’t think he was that influential “

I have never known so many non Collingwood supporters who were barracking for the Pies tonight because they cannot stand Scott.
Out in straight sets again would make a great headline.
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

think positive wrote:The guys just walked across the road to the westpac centre next to our car! Gave em a shout out, embarrassing my daughter, and DeGoey wasn’t limping! Hopefully it’s not much!

OMG that was the best! Gees thou I just read the last page of the game thread, you guys would melt at the game! Grow some, sidey says hi!! Well he said thanks anyway!!! Cheers Go Pies
Good on you TP. I'd have to restrain myself from deliriously throwing myself at them!! What heroes!!

Sadly, the fact JDG wasn't limping may not mean much - neither was Levi :cry:
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by think positive »

PyreneesPie wrote:
think positive wrote:The guys just walked across the road to the westpac centre next to our car! Gave em a shout out, embarrassing my daughter, and DeGoey wasn’t limping! Hopefully it’s not much!

OMG that was the best! Gees thou I just read the last page of the game thread, you guys would melt at the game! Grow some, sidey says hi!! Well he said thanks anyway!!! Cheers Go Pies
Good on you TP. I'd have to restrain myself from deliriously throwing myself at them!! What heroes!!

Sadly, the fact JDG wasn't limping may not mean much - neither was Levi :cry:
I couldn’t get the seat belt off!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
PyreneesPie

Post by PyreneesPie »

Streak wrote:
Billy was titanic. Wills was grunt personified. Howe was a rock. Some stunning highlights, and memorable moments of great courage. Really proud of the boys tonight.
They were just totally committed all over the field weren't they Streak. Such an awesome sight. No-one could ask more of their team.
woodys_world69
Been liked: 25 times

Post by woodys_world69 »

"Scotty....your team just sucks"
the fuzz

Post by the fuzz »

Go the Mighty Magpies!!!
What a win!
Gutted for Levi. Hoping for good news.
Hopefully JDG has good news too.

How was Jamie’s smother in the last??!!!
PyreneesPie

Post by PyreneesPie »

the fuzz wrote:
How was Jamie’s smother in the last??!!!
As I mentioned earlier fuzz, he did a Heater!!!!!!
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by doriswilgus »

woodys_world69 wrote:Shara in for Greenwood..but the interesting one will be who replaces De-Goey??

Do you go Varcoe? or Crocker/Daicos?

I suspect they might go crocker if he needs to play the exact same role as tonights game as leadup half fwd flanker.....or someone who can run in the midfield like Daicos?

I say - Lions = Crocker
Dogs = Daicos
No Crocker’s awful.I would bring back Ben Reid.We definitely need to have two talks on the forward line.We really struggled to score after DeGoey went off.
DT
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Post by DT »

Was at the game and it was a superb performance by the team. We almost ran away with it but the injuries meant we had to dig in.

Aish can replace the incredibly unlucky Greenwood.

I think if JDG is out then Reid comes back in. He will play as a tall target and back up ruck.
Daicos, impossible angle ... Goal!
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 105 times

Post by Pies2016 »

woodys_world69 wrote:Shara in for Greenwood..but the interesting one will be who replaces De-Goey??

I suspect they might go crocker if he needs to play the exact same role as tonights game as leadup half fwd flanker.....or someone who can run in the midfield like Daicos?

I say - Lions = Crocker
Dogs = Daicos
I wouldn’t completely rule out Reid as a replacement for DeGoey.
Two more weeks to get the miles in his legs and some touch and they would seriously consider him.
woodys_world69
Been liked: 25 times

Post by woodys_world69 »

"Wait...we didnt lose because we where to busy focusing on the ground and the weather...."
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 130 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Scott's still sooking about the home ground, bitching about it in the presser. Also bitching about a free kick. Suck it, Scott!!!

Apparently Eddie went apeshit when BT got him in the rooms?
bokka

Post by bokka »

I say - Lions = Crocker
Dogs = Daicos
If that's all we got to replace DeGoey, may as well risk Wells and add some real class.
Managed to beat Geelong without DeG after early Q2, so wouldnt' be total disaster if Wells got reinjured.
but it says it's just "tighness" so should get up by prelim.

I thoguht Darcy would be more likely to break down but he held up well and starred.
PyreneesPie

Post by PyreneesPie »

Mr Miyagi wrote:Scott's still sooking about the home ground, bitching about it in the presser. Also bitching about a free kick. Suck it, Scott!!!

Apparently Eddie went apeshit when BT got him in the rooms?
That's excellent to know Mr Miyagi. Means he has lost confidence in his team. :D Did he bitch about Tay not getting a free in the forward line last quarter, when his head was nearly ripped of?????? :wink: