#17,#11 Dayne Beams

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

masoncox
Been liked: 3 times

Post by masoncox »

I was a supporter of recruiting dane beams.
Thinking that here is an opportunity to go one better this year.
But in hindsight, the warning lights were flicking in both
his physical and mental health issues.
He was carrying injuries and he was acomplicated and somewhat different personality.
Recruiting people with issues is always a risk.
Hard questions of the club must be asked.
I thought getting roughhead was a poor decision
But he has become the steal of the year.
You can't win with every new recruit.
But you must have some strategy for what type of
recruit you want.
As a person you must do what is right thing for yourself and
i am sure beams has made the correct decision to focus on his well being.
Your mental and physical health is the most important thing.
Football is a distant second.
ANNODAM
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 34 times

Post by ANNODAM »

I hope he gets better, I was never a fan in recruiting him again but it is what it is...
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

Worst recruiting decision in recent history. At a high cost We brought back in a guy who’s not fit physically or mentally and clearly has some big issues going on off-field. A guy we didn’t need in the first place. I hope he gets his sh1t sorted out.
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
dalyc
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by dalyc »

Good luck to Dane. Bad risk management from the Club. Two first round picks for what could be 6 or 7 sub standard injury affected games.
Four legged animals good, two legged animals better
Monco Matt

Post by Monco Matt »

Makes you wonder of he really has a hip injury. In any case, we need him back asap as we are dropping like flies again, as always. Come on Dayne, sort yourself out and do it fast. Clear your mind, man up and get back.
RED "BABY" CAVANAUGH: Didn't hear what the bet was.

MONCO: Your life.
Presti35
Has liked: 230 times
Been liked: 102 times

Post by Presti35 »

Being able to get Quaynor made up for losing our first pick in the last draft. We got two picks in the 40's from the trade which helped us get IQ. So that wasn't bad at all. It's the first round pick this year that will hurt us. Especially when Ed Langdon could be traded for.

Funnily enough, new recruit John Nobel's old man was wheeling and dealing the trade from the Lions end.

Back to the news about Beams. It really saddens me. I hope that he can get it back together and be available in the finals. Imagine the roar when he's back out there and he kicks his first goal.

I had the chance to meet Beams earlier in the year and found him to be a lot more mature. I noticed that he mentions his father a lot.

Has the club though about getting his brother down here and into the VFL team? Is that something we, as a club, could do?

I know it's hard Dayne. There's a lot of people who believe in you and want to see you get back.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
stui magpie
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 96 times

Post by stui magpie »

Recently he posted on Instagram some clown who started trolling him on the rumours of his gambling and then on his Dad's death :x

You don't know what triggers these things but that shit wouldn't help.

I hope he sorts out his mental health issues, whether he comes back to footy or not. Obviously I'd like him back fit and playing, but the rest of his life is more important.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

Post by BazBoy »

Wish him the best

Wish that trolling clown all the bad shit there is
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
SteveH67

Post by SteveH67 »

Damien wrote:Worst recruiting decision in recent history. At a high cost We brought back in a guy who’s not fit physically or mentally and clearly has some big issues going on off-field. A guy we didn’t need in the first place. I hope he gets his sh1t sorted out.
I feel sorry for Dayne, but its clear in hindsight now, he wasn't in the right frame of mind to be recruited. His performances mirrored that.

We lost a 1st rounder and other draft picks in the deal.

Your position now Brayden Sier!
Social club member 7342 since 2000.
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by K »

Presti35 wrote:Being able to get Quaynor made up for losing our first pick in the last draft. ...
This frequently made claim makes no sense at all, but it's a topic for the trading threads.
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

How anyone can question the value of Dayne's recruitment on this particular thread is beyond me. He has just stated on Instagram that he's a broken man. He's fighting for his life! Right now, this is not about his value as a footballing commodity.
It' s really insensitive I believe for some people to be taking this sad and unfortunate situation as an opportunity to boast about how their original views were correct. That is so unimportant right now! :roll:
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 120 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

^ Yes, I agree. It's neither the time nor the place.
Seth

Post by Seth »

First of all having my brother and close work colleagues of mine suffer depression anxiety and PTSD I know first hand how debilitating this is so I wish Dayne all the best with his situation and his health is first and foremost. And Monco Matt to say 'man up' is not knowing anything about this sickness.
Wokko

Post by Wokko »

Monco Matt wrote:Clear your mind, man up and get back.
Would you tell a cancer patient to "Man up"? Such an ignorant comment to make about someone suffering mental illness.
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

Damien wrote:Worst recruiting decision in recent history. At a high cost We brought back in a guy who’s not fit physically or mentally and clearly has some big issues going on off-field. A guy we didn’t need in the first place. I hope he gets his sh1t sorted out.
It's not a matter of getting sh*t sorted!! This is an illness!. Usually, if someone is ill or injured, or both as in Dayne's case, they are wished all the best for their recovery. Maybe this is what you actually meant Damien and getting one's sh*t together means something different to you than it does to me. :wink: