Post Match. Pies down to Roos . All comments please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

mudlark

Post by mudlark »

slangman wrote:Once again Michael Gleeson (a pies fan) hits the nail on the head.
A superb analysis.
I can't agree.The "Soft underbelly" at Collingwood is the 15 Senior players we have unavailable for selection. With Reid now gone for good,I'd suggest, Sier will probably miss this week, we have, Adams,Beams Elliot,Howe Dunne ,Langdon,(our entire 1st picked half back line right there) ,Goldsack, Stephenson ,Wells,Wills, Murphy,Murray,Kelly and Quaynor. And ,of course, the late change on Saturday that saw Aish pull out for F##K knows howe long, with "Hamstring tightness!! Don't hold your breath there lads. A typical free hit at Collingwood by a supposed Collingwood supporter.Actually it's 17.The only nail he hit on the head was his thumb nail.A crock in my book.
MagpieDynasty

Post by MagpieDynasty »

Disappointed at the loss Sat night but not altogether surprised. The signs have been slowly building toward a losing result over the last 3-4 weeks, but to lose in that manner was very unlike a Pies team.

The intensity that Nth produced was Prelim final stuff and we just didn't cope! They did to us what we did to the Tigers in the Prelim 2018!

I don't think we can identify a singular root cause for the performance; Commitment, Execution or Skillset - rather it was plainly evident that at stages throughout the night, all 3 of these measures were glaringly deficient.

North executed a manic attack mindset exceptionally well and the boys just didn't cope.

I agree with Monco Matt - let this one slide and but take this result as a clear warning. The next month is seasoning defining (understatement) and a true test of character for the group.

This will sting all week and come Friday night, I expect we'll see a vastly different performance.
The new Magpie Dynasty is just a season away!!
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

Great to see that Levi got the player of the round on CFC website. Really well deserved I reckon as he was one of the few to show real grunt and pressure.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 88 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Something’s rotten in Denmark.
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by K »

think better wrote:I have a different point of view.

This could be the recession we had to have!
Nicksters were saying the Freo loss was the recession we had to have.

(And Carlton did us a favour by beating Freo, but that means they beat Freo away, while we lost to Freo at home.)
i hate carlton
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by i hate carlton »

Disappointing match. An embarrassment all round.

Nice coaching by Rhys though.

He's kicking pineapples!

My favourite nicks thread (Laugh at Carlscum): http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopi ... sc&start=0
K
Been liked: 23 times

Post by K »

mudlark wrote:
slangman wrote:Once again Michael Gleeson (a pies fan) hits the nail on the head. ...
I can't agree. The "Soft underbelly" at Collingwood is the 15 Senior players we have unavailable for selection....
If that's true, then the soft underbelly must be the strength & conditioning and medical staff. It can be bad luck for one year, but how many years has this been going on for now?
dollygray

Post by dollygray »

I watch every game. I score each quarter, who kicked goals in each quarter, then the final score. I also note easy misses (for goal) and turnovers. And my best players. At the end of the game I note we won by x points, or we lost by x points. Then a general comment on the game.

Let's not pussy foot around -- our game against North was nothing short of pathetic. That's what I wrote across the page, followed by shame, shame, shame.

I don't know how our team of prima donnas are paid -- is it after each game, part payments throughout the year, or a total at the end of the year. Are they paid a bonus for a good game -- or a win? Whatever the method is, they should all donate last Saturday's payment to charity. They didn't earn the money and don't deserve it.

I don't know if we will even make the eight this year -- not based on last Saturday's performance. And hard games coming up. I despair for my beloved Magpies.

I have taken into account our injuries, but we still had plenty of players out there who just did not perform. Grundy the exception.
I sat next to Rudeboy and piedys for 10 years at Victoria Park, and survived.
Haff
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by Haff »

I can’t ever recall sitting in the top 4, let alone 2, and being so damn sure that we are spent. I had hope in 2011 that our dip in form and shalacking from Geelong was just the fact we had our eyes set on finals. Then we fell over the line twice in a row and we’re done in the Granny, basically we were cooked well and truely before finals. To me this feels like what I was hoping was not the case. We are cooked and have been for a while. It feels like the wheels are about to fall off in a spectacular way. I have no hope and we’re sitting second on the ladder. God I hope it’s just Collingwood depression and we’ll see a massive turn around this week but this team has just burnt me too many times.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Can this vomit inducing thread be taken down soon, that was the most disgusting game I have seen by us, in decades, we ran up the white flag, surrendered, can we just put it behind us, and never ever, think of that woeful non effort again ????? Shut down this thread now, Please. !!
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 38 times

Post by Skids »

hahaha... there's more to come PnC... there's more to come.
Don't count the days, make the days count.
Damien
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

Skids wrote:hahaha... there's more to come PnC... there's more to come.
Skids. Go to bed. And make a vow to never post pissed again.
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
Woods

Post by Woods »

Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

[quote="RudeBoy"]Something’s rotten in Denmark.
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome