#9 John Noble - requests a trade

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

Post by BazBoy »

Dekka says he’ll be at club in next 24-48hrs and should play in VFL this week

Also runs the 2 k in 6.2 (as does Flip & Sidey) Dekka sold on his speed and endurance also saying he was one of best in SANFL v WAFL game
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 109 times

Post by Pies2016 »

The last national draft was 6 over months ago and there will always be players around the countryside who weren’t ready on the back of their 2018 season but grew as footballers through the 2019 season.
I reckon there will be a few players selected who will acquit themselves very well at their new clubs. Obviously it’s always harder when you’re trying to break into a good team.
It can happen. Over to you, Derek.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

About same weight and three cm taller than Cal Brown
Presti35
Has liked: 227 times
Been liked: 101 times

Post by Presti35 »

Rick wrote:They'd be a few disappointed players tonight, especially with a few clubs passing.
Lowson was tipped to go #1 a few days ago and didn’t end up going at all.
There seemed to be a few names called that no one tipped at all.
Just reading about Lowson now, it seemed he hurt his ankle and will miss up to 6 weeks. I'd say that's why he was passed on. He might be one to look out for in the November rookie draft.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
buzzlightyear

Post by buzzlightyear »

Will look much better after getting rid of that red sash.

Forward looking pick this one and very excited about his pace.
Buzz
Looking for sweet 16.....
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

Disposal efficiency is 88% which is compelling
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by K »

swoop42 wrote:
More speed and spread from the contest...
A player who can impact this season.

If Pickett ticks both boxes he'll do me.
Said that over on bigfooty back in April.

Missed on Pickett ...
Presti35 wrote:^ Richmond got Pickett. He is 27 years old and their recruiter said he's a long term prospect.

A very interesting pick I reckon, but to say he is a long term prospect... hmmm.
"Pickett had long tried to put himself on the AFL radar ... but the stigma of his two-and-a-half-year jail stint as a teenager continued to linger."

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-05-27/ ... ubled-past
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

stui magpie wrote:And genuine pace off half back...
This.

I understand the Club is stoked to get him, and didn't really expect to.
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

He’s the now and the next generation of Collingwood who may well figure in some premiership,s
Boogie Knights

Post by Boogie Knights »

For us, it was an opportunity to get in early for the next National draft. Would we have taken him in the absence of the mid-season draft? I don't know, but someone would certainly have. Now he gets an extra 6 months in the system and a headstart on the next draft class.

As has been mentioned, players mature and become ready at differing times, we have a few on the list that have missed out on being drafted when first eligible... Flip, Langdon and Wills come readily to mind... This young lad could join that list - he definitely has traits that are highly desirable.

I wish him all the best and look forward to seeing him in the black and white.
3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

If he works out he will give us some needed pace off half back.
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Damien wrote:Just watched Derek Hine’s press conference and he said that he’s in the Steele Sidebottom and Tom Phillips league for 2km time trial and will be one of the quickest players on our list. Gotta get the pill first yes, but gee that’s impressive if correct.
Correction albeit a positive one. Everything you said quoting Hine was true except he will be a quickest not one of the quickest!

What a combination. Good luck to the kid
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

I have watched his package of hi lites not once but several times and the goals from just outside 50 going through above touch height were so
Stephensonesque
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

And while the draft is being discussed I was talking to a mate who mentioned
how relaxed Dekka was at the interview on John

We both believe the new allocation of Dekka purely talent spotting and Guy doing the money side has helped Dekka do the spotting talent and let the cost
go to Ned Guy team
Presti35
Has liked: 227 times
Been liked: 101 times

Post by Presti35 »

K wrote:
Presti35 wrote:^ Richmond got Pickett. He is 27 years old and their recruiter said he's a long term prospect.

A very interesting pick I reckon, but to say he is a long term prospect... hmmm.
"Pickett had long tried to put himself on the AFL radar ... but the stigma of his two-and-a-half-year jail stint as a teenager continued to linger."

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-05-27/ ... ubled-past
The Tigers and Essendon were his keenest admirers, but his surgeon told him on Saturday night he faced another eight to 10 weeks on the sidelines.

The Bombers pulled out on Monday morning, but Richmond list manager Blair Hartley remained in contact and eventually let the Pickett camp know the good news just before the draft started.
I suppose Andrew Krakouer was 28 when we took him on. He gave us a great season in 2011 before a knee injury cost him most of 2012 and '13. We got three seasons out of Krak. 35 games, which could have been more if not for the knee issue. And very unlucky not to win a flag.

Pickett will not be available to play for ten weeks. Ten weeks! He'll be 28 in January.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!