So. What's for Dinner?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by think positive »

stui magpie wrote:Hot English Mustard is like Wasabi with flavour.
Yum!

Cooked bread and butter pud for dinner, bloody awesome! Reminds me of mum. I finally started researching our holiday, taken me 48 years to book a trip back home! I found the house I grew up in on google maps, I recognised it straight away, and also the little church I went to school in. It’s still part of the school, thetown has expanded, probably a thousand people there now! Going to start in London, spend a day, then head down to ilfracombe Devon where I was born, Stonehenge is on the way, then up to cotton end Bedford where I grew up well that’s the bit I remember, I lived in Cyprus for 3 years but I was only 4 when we returned to England, then Paris for a day, just because apparently we have to, then to Germany for a few days, start at Cologne and go to the test track, then over to Berlin. Hire a car and go to Pinocchio’s town, a few WW2 sites, Dresden, Nuremberg, Munich, then a train to a town inthe Austrian alps, then Venice, Rome, Naples,Athens, Santorini to recover! Well that’s the plan, I’m working out how long we need in germany ATM, can’t believe how cheap hotels and getting around is! So tomorrow it might be Sauerkraut and egg noodles for dinner!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

think positive wrote:
Yum!

Cooked bread and butter pud for dinner, bloody awesome! Reminds me of mum. I finally started researching our holiday, taken me 48 years to book a trip back home! I found the house I grew up in on google maps, I recognised it straight away, and also the little church I went to school in. It’s still part of the school, thetown has expanded, probably a thousand people there now! Going to start in London, spend a day, then head down to ilfracombe Devon where I was born, Stonehenge is on the way, then up to cotton end Bedford where I grew up well that’s the bit I remember, I lived in Cyprus for 3 years but I was only 4 when we returned to England, then Paris for a day, just because apparently we have to, then to Germany for a few days, start at Cologne and go to the test track, then over to Berlin. Hire a car and go to Pinocchio’s town, a few WW2 sites, Dresden, Nuremberg, Munich, then a train to a town inthe Austrian alps, then Venice, Rome, Naples,Athens, Santorini to recover! Well that’s the plan, I’m working out how long we need in germany ATM, can’t believe how cheap hotels and getting around is! So tomorrow it might be Sauerkraut and egg noodles for dinner!
My wife's family are from the West Country including Devon, Exeter etc. Her Mum was from Hereford and her father from Bath.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
stui magpie
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 96 times

Post by stui magpie »

Isn't bread and butter pud a desert? At least how my grandmother made it, it was. :?

Got no real interest in visiting England, my daughters opinion of London was it was Melbourne but dirtier and bigger. 3 months in Europe, England was bottom of the favourite places with daylight second bottom.

Have fun though.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Wokko

Post by Wokko »

Pork belly roast
Roast potato, pumpkin and sweet potato
Peas and broccoli
Jezza
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 245 times

Post by Jezza »

think positive wrote:
Yum!

Nice.

When are you heading to Europe?
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Wokko wrote:Pork belly roast
Peas and broccoli
Yum
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Peas and broccoli
Yum
think positive

Post by think positive »

Jezza wrote:
think positive wrote:
Yum!

Nice.

When are you heading to Europe?
Cheers, August, hubby wants to go late winter, but I’m not gonig anywhere near September! :wink:
think positive

Post by think positive »

stui magpie wrote:Isn't bread and butter pud a desert? At least how my grandmother made it, it was. :?

Got no real interest in visiting England, my daughters opinion of London was it was Melbourne but dirtier and bigger. 3 months in Europe, England was bottom of the favourite places with daylight second bottom.

Have fun though.
Yes it’s a dessert, and on London, I’m not a big city person, hence the one day in London, and then travelling around, same as the other countries we are gonig too. , if you google Devon it’s a holiday town, and cotton end is still a one pub town.
think positive

Post by think positive »

watt price tully wrote:
think positive wrote:
Yum!

My wife's family are from the West Country including Devon, Exeter etc. Her Mum was from Hereford and her father from Bath.
Nice, it looks amazing, might go through Bath on the way to Bedford. Cheers
Wokko

Post by Wokko »

stui magpie wrote:
Peas and broccoli
Yum
Whole day looking after the baby then cook that up. I'm the best housewife ever :lol:
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

^

Get back to me when you've worked full time, came home every night to clean up after your ex, listen to the kids complaints about her, cooked their dinner, supervised homework and done readers when young, put kids to bed then done dishes and fed yourself and did that for ten years.

8)

I'm not sure why I still retain semblances of sanity.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
think positive

Post by think positive »

sounds it, even better when you aint cooking it!!!
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 38 times

Post by Skids »

I just love steak!

We get pretty average cuts on-site and I never eat it anymore.

Got home Monday night.
Tuesday after my swim, massive (850g) rib-eye with the bone. Marinated in; olive oil, worcestershire, tabasco and 4 cloves of grated garlic for about 2 hr's, then on the BBQ. Just that and a few beers.... sensational!

Wednesday was light picking throughout the day, cereal, little tin of tuna, some fruit, coupla beers. Dinner was BBQ time again. Porterhouse steaks, marinated the same as the rib-eye and some BBQ snags, with eggs and chips (I make the chips and cook on the BBQ)

Yesterday was some chicken, but today, the craving for a steak will be satisfied at the Stringy Bark Tavern in Wanneroo, a catch up with the folks and brother for lunch. They do a really nice T-Bone.
Don't count the days, make the days count.