So. What's for Dinner?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

stui magpie wrote:^

Welcome to the dark side, we have Steaks. :wink: :P

Keep us informed of progress, if you can implement some sort of portion size control along with no carbs, you should be dropping weight in no time.

Portion control, yes I've heard of that somewhere, rings a bell, but doesn't quite register.

Mind you it's only week two & tomorrow marks the start of week three.

Since day one there's been no: bread, pasta, rice, no legumes (OMG) no fruit (OMG) except for berries

No processed foods: the mantra is eat produce not product as well as eat above ground not below ground

No potatoes, no take-aways

Lots of salads, too much spag bog (grass fed beef) the same as I always made it with diced zucchini, small grated carrrot (not meant to have that), onion, garlic, tomatoes, tomato paste, basil and parsley, salt and peppper, using coconut oil.

Lots of cauliflower rice, fish including tinned tuna, lots of egg and lots of avacado

I made a slow cooked Dr Mahahtir beef curry (recalcitrant and racist) sorry Malaysian curry : loads of spices, grass fed diced beef, coconut cream and spinach.

Lots of water, was eating cheese but backing off that. Learning to slowly get off dairy due to lactose (sugar).

Brazil & Macadamia nuts 4 a day. ? 8 almonds a day

The Doc reckons 3 weeks for the body to adjust and 3 months to lose weight.

Still need to manage the concept of portions. Apparently the desire to eat that is, feeling hungry will go as the body learns to burn fat not carbs for energy

I miss toast in the mornings .
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
stui magpie
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 96 times

Post by stui magpie »

Yeah, i try to watch the carbs and sugar, more difficult when it's cold, but no matter what i eat i drink too many carbs so I'm stuck at just over the 100kg
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

Just got delivery of a Crock Pot.
Finally used my Flybuys points for something useful.

It comes with recipes but I will be doing some testing over the next few weeks to see what works best for us and is easy for the red headed chick & 21 year old to prepare - they are both finished school/uni this week so will be tasked with doing dinner at least once a week.
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

^

They're great. Mine's nearly 30 years old and still going.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by think positive »

chicken ...tastes like ......chicken
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Cracked out the crock pot yesterday, with a difference.

Kids and sharknado coming over for dinner so looking to feed 7 1/2 people while knowing I had to help the daughter move furniture into her new flat.

So I did a roast leg of lamb in the oven, only takes 2 hours to cook, and rather than all the messing with beges I did a vegetable medley in the crockpot.

Halved baby spuds,
Carrot
Pumpkin
Zucchini
quartered onions

Put em in the crock pot with 1 cup of chicken stock, some sprigs of fresh rosemary and a decent squirt of honey, told the old girl if I wasn't back by 2pm, plug it in and turn it on high. 3 1/2 hours.

Bloody beautiful
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Finger food last night.

Beef chipolata sausages wrapped in streaky bacon
Crumbed air fried chicken wings
haloumi cheese on skewers
Crusty bread

Eaten while watching the cricket
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by think positive »

if anyone goes to crown ATM they have a steak special at margos, steak salad chips and a glass of red, had it for lunch yesterday, really good steak, tasty and not chewy. didnt even need dinner
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 38 times

Post by Skids »

I had a pear last night. It was crunchy n juicy.
Don't count the days, make the days count.
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

What happened to pear?
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Skids wrote:I had a pear last night. It was crunchy n juicy.
You on a serious diet or something?

I made up a brown rice salad yesterday, with celery, radish, avocado, bit of chilli, tine of 4 bean mix, grated carrot and some baby spinach. Thai salad dressing over it.

Eating that along with a garden salad and different meats for the next few days for lunch and dinner.

Tonight having rissoles, tomorrow night I'll cook the butterflied lamb leg in the air fryer.
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 38 times

Post by Skids »

Definitely trying to drop some kg's mate.

I was 92kg when running hard a couple of years ago. I eat well during the day. Been starting with 4 or 5 poached eggs, bit of bacon and beans at 0500, then grazing on various salads, chicken or tuna and fruit through the day... don't need dinner, just 4 or 5 beers ;)

Changes dramatically when I get home though.

Get up at 0330 for a 6k jog every 2nd day so far this swing. Very slow, but you gotta start somewhere. Carrying the extra baggage makes it bloody tough.
Don't count the days, make the days count.
ronrat

Post by ronrat »

Bought a steamer from a shopping channel Sunday unbeknowns to me and it arrived yesterday. Coat me about 70 bucks. The thing is ginormous. The pot for the water and 3 layers including plastic dividers. But wait ther is more, They gave us a massive frypan, a set of kitchen utensils, 4 bowls,m 4 asian soup spoons, and 5 serving tins that fit together,

So steamed chilli fish and steamed veggies will be done as I try to lower my cholesterol. Every now and then will break out and get hold of some Marathon dimmies from the Boxing Roo bar to watch the footy.

Boom.s village grows a lot of corn so next visit we will grab a few cobs. Getting a xmas pudding so might try it out on that.
Annoying opposition supporters since 1967.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

You bought it without knowing? Pissed or Boom snaffled your credit card? :P

Have fun with it, next time buy an Air Fryer, so much more better. :wink:
ronrat

Post by ronrat »

stui magpie wrote:You bought it without knowing? Pissed or Boom snaffled your credit card? :P

Have fun with it, next time buy an Air Fryer, so much more better. :wink:
No mate. Here they are C O D. They ring the next day and say will be there in 15 minutes. Pay on the spot.

Tonight had a fish steamed with ginger, steamed corn on the cob and cauliflower with a bit of lemon. And a crusty roll with butter.

For a first time it was pretty damn good.
Annoying opposition supporters since 1967.