Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 109 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by K »

The simplification "Beams for pick 10", at the least, feels not totally crazy from either club's perspective.
3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

dp.
Last edited by 3rd degree on Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators
3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

Welcome back Beams, I still wont forget his smug exit, so he better get back to smashing it.
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators
Culprit
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Culprit »

Have we taken over Beams Contract or does he get a new one? If we have taken over his contract then it's a win as his was front end loaded with the Bears.
Deja Vu

Post by Deja Vu »

Who would you rather have though? Gibbs or Beams?

No contest
melliot

Post by melliot »

I agree we could fall off just as easy as the Crows. So no cazy camps for us. Need to continue the love. :)

The competition is very tight. A matter of 2 games separating top 4 to missing the 8. If nothing changes in performance, we'll get a tougher fixture, which could see us miss the 8.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 120 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

BBHS
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 7 times

Post by BBHS »

So full circle the assets involved in the two deals:

Pies End up with:
JDG
Crisp
Beams
Greenwood
Pick 41 & 44 - Isaac Quaynor*

Bears End up with:
Pick 18
Future First Pick 18 I'm tipping
Pick 56
2014 Pick 65 Josh Watts - Delisted
We slayed them in my opinion.
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 109 times

Post by Pies2016 »

melliot wrote:I agree we could fall off just as easy as the Crows. So no cazy camps for us. Need to continue the love. :)

The competition is very tight. A matter of 2 games separating top 4 to missing the 8. If nothing changes in performance, we'll get a tougher fixture, which could see us miss the 8.
Totally agree. We have had six different grand finalists in the last three years.
For anyone to think that Beams is the difference between a flag and not, is delusional. He is a good addition but he is nowhere near the difference between a premier and runner up. We will need a bit going for us but at least we seem to now know the road to travel to get there.
SwansWay

Post by SwansWay »

Pies2016 wrote:
melliot wrote:I agree we could fall off just as easy as the Crows. So no cazy camps for us. Need to continue the love. :)

Totally agree. We have had six different grand finalists in the last three years.
For anyone to think that Beams is the difference between a flag and not, is delusional. He is a good addition but he is nowhere near the difference between a premier and runner up. We will need a bit going for us but at least we seem to now know the road to travel to get there.
I don't think he will be the difference. The difference will be, hopefully, a better run with injuries plus more familiarity with the game plan. I still don't think Collingwood found their true rhythm despite great performances. This year was akin to our 2009 but we went one step further. Next year IMO we will have a strong system in place as we did in 2010 when we got the job done week in, week out. Doesn't guarantee a GF appearance but after going down by 5 points, there's no reason to not be confident in this group.

Adelaide were/are a different story. False equivalency. Firstly, they were dominant for all of 2017 whereas we were underdogs almost every time we played a top 8 side. And the Crows had other things going on. Their club unraveled. I mean that stare they did in each final was idiotic. That's not a sign of a team that's in a comfortable place, mentally speaking. When you resort to silly gimmicks like that, I'd say it's a sign of precarious fortitude. And any time a player wanted to leave, they were publicly pilloried by Tex and the club. Disinvited from places etc. Yeah Pyke could very well be a sociopath.
E

Post by E »

BBHS wrote:So full circle the assets involved in the two deals:

Pies End up with:
JDG
Crisp
Beams
Greenwood

Bears End up with:
Pick 18
Pick 56
We slayed them in my opinion.
you cant include Beams in the summary as we had him before we traded him. Actually, the better way to say it is as follows:

Pies End up with:
JDG
Crisp
Greenwood
(one gun player short of a flag in the year Beams is unavailable)

Bears End up with:
4 years of Beams prime years (totally wasted)
Pick 18
Pick 56

We definitely slayed them.
Deja Vu

Post by Deja Vu »

Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 120 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Only if you think Collingwood needs another slow mid more than it needs outside run from the midfield. Also, Gibbs has kicked 4 goals in his last three finals and once kicked 3 in a final.