K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by K »

5 from the wing on debut wrote:...
ANNODAM wrote:Nope, overs....

Too dear...
Too dear?

Two mates, each died in the wool Roys now Brisbane supporters. One whinged last night. One whinged this morning. They thought that Brisbane had been shafted. In their mind they have received draft picks that they will use to develop players that then want to come to us in a few years' time. Can't say that I blame them, looking at who they have lost.
This argument, even if true (and it's hardly rare for both sets of supporters to be unhappy), has the weakness that it's possible for the deal to be lose-lose.
billy_picken25

Post by billy_picken25 »

Looking forward to a fit Beams playing well and contributing to the team.
"Go Pies"
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 120 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

mattdally
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Post by mattdally »

The picks for Beams is far from overs.
In reality we traded pick 56 and next year's 1st round pick for Beams.
Pick 18 (from points value) has slipped to pick 25 with the picks coming back.
Great result!
King Malta

Post by King Malta »

PyreneesPie wrote:qldmagpie67, can you give any comments on how you think Dayne and Bucks will get along the second time around?
I know you didn't ask me :wink: but all the same;

I think Bucks has developed a lot as a coach in the last few years and one of his major development areas has been his emotional intelligence IMO. I think he's probably the best possible coach a person experiencing the kind of issues Dayne seems to have been facing in the last few years.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Streak wrote:
35forever wrote:What are u on about streak? That's 35 you're talking about!
Oh, wait... are u taking the piss?
Ohhhh, right. Got my numbers confused.

Not taking the piss! Genuine mistake. Flag this post, as proof that I, too, make them.
:lol:
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
K

Post by K »

King Malta wrote:..
I think Bucks has developed a lot as a coach in the last few years and one of his major development areas has been his emotional intelligence IMO. I think he's probably the best possible coach a person experiencing the kind of issues Dayne seems to have been facing in the last few years.
Shades of H's claim. NB himself earlier in the year denied that he's really changed --- sensibly, I think, because he clearly realizes that claiming he changed radically suggests he needed to change radically.
K

Post by K »

Streak wrote:
35forever wrote:What are u on about streak? That's 35 you're talking about!
Oh, wait... are u taking the piss?
Ohhhh, right. Got my numbers confused.

Not taking the piss! Genuine mistake. Flag this post, as proof that I, too, make them.
I was too scared to ask last night. Thank you 35f for asking for me.
watt price tully

“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
watt price tully

Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 131 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

K wrote:
King Malta wrote:..
Shades of H's claim. NB himself earlier in the year denied that he's really changed --- sensibly, I think, because he clearly realizes that claiming he changed radically suggests he needed to change radically.
Sidey was the mediator between Beams and Bucks, and got them on track. They'll never be best mates, but they at least respect and understand each other now.

But gee, who's ever best mates with their boss with 40+ other co-workers?

As for H's claims, usually the people who accuse others of having no emotional/social intelligence are the ones who lack it himself. Read Daniel Goleman. ;)
K

Post by K »

Mr Miyagi wrote:...
As for H's claims, usually the people who accuse others of having no emotional/social intelligence are the ones who lack it himself. Read Daniel Goleman. ;)
Yes, Goleman probably lacks emotional intelligence, but alas not money made from writing rubbish. :wink:
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by think positive »

You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Member 7167

Post by Member 7167 »

K wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:2 1st Rounders is a Big Price.

Hopefully we Make Finals/Win Flag so Late 1st Round Pick next year
Yep, if we get the Spoon next year, Brissy will be laughing themselves senseless.

As if that is going to happen. We have only won a single wooden spoon in our history. To even suggest that it will accur again in 2019 is absurd.
Now Retired - Every Day Is A Saturday