#17,#11 Dayne Beams

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by K »

So your idea is only trade for picks that total more points than pick 18, so we have plenty of points for them all. Okay. I suspect most pick trades naturally come close to zero points difference, though. (e.g. within 50 points.)
September Zeros

Post by September Zeros »

Trade radio says a three way deal with pies, bulldogs and Brisbane .

We get beams and roughhead as a result.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

Post by MightyMagpie »

K wrote:So your idea is only trade for picks that total more points than pick 18, so we have plenty of points for them all. Okay. I suspect most pick trades naturally come close to zero points difference, though. (e.g. within 50 points.)
No. Check out the pick trades this period.
All We Can Be
K

Post by K »

Okay. My example of pick 18 for 35 & 38 seemed quite realistic, and that is close to zero difference.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

SEN radio saying 3 way deal negotiations occuring between Footscray, Pies and Brisbane involving doggies Adams, Roughead, Beams, picks and selections. Gripping.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

September Zeros wrote:Trade radio says a three way deal with pies, bulldogs and Brisbane .

We get beams and roughhead as a result.
Sorry, just saw ur post
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Culprit
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 40 times

Post by Culprit »

Three-way deal is off
By Peter Ryan
We have heard that any potential for a three way deal involving the Brisbane Lions, Collingwood and the Western Bulldogs has passed.

The Lions' football manager David Noble said earlier that the ball was in the Magpies' court if they wanted Beams so we will have to wait to see how that plays out.

Walk away Pies
September Zeros

Post by September Zeros »

This story changes faster and more often than I changed my underwear on gf day
No Pressure, No Diamonds

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

Post by Deja Vu »

The Boy Who Cried Wolf

Post by The Boy Who Cried Wolf »

I don't want us to pay overs but the problem is if we back away now and split pick 18 instead we'll lose in another way and it'll make this trade period a wasted opportunity. Honestly I think a pair of picks in the mid 30's is very speculative by nature and hence odds on won't pay off. I'm happy in the end with not getting May cause it would have come at the expense of a good player off our list and most likely a little bit of our culture.
All Aboard!! Choo Choo!!!
K

Post by K »

I don't know what you mean. We're not forced to split.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf

Post by The Boy Who Cried Wolf »

K wrote:I don't know what you mean. We're not forced to split.
Almost everyone here thinks we'll have to use our 18 on Quaynor - you're pretty much on your own thinking that we'll be able to pick someone up with it and not have to use it on him.

That's what I mean.
All Aboard!! Choo Choo!!!
K

Post by K »

Well, P16 is not sure there will be a bid that early. Others seem sure there will be.

But if it is early, see the above exchange with MM. There's no benefit trading 18 for 35 and 38. But, in MM's thinking, there would be a points benefit trading 18 for e.g. 28 and 33.
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 89 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

Being reported now that the pies will give the lions the picks they want but we want the lions to pay part of Beams salary over next 2 years which lions won't do under any circumstances according to report
Greg Swann wants the draft picks (2 X 1st round or equivalent) and a player and nothing else will get deal done apparently and has told Paul Connors he will hold Beams to his contract unless Collingwood give in and give the lions a massive win on this deal
Time to walk away from the deal if this is the case
Enough of these wankers at the lions trying to flex muscle when they have nothing to flex
K

Post by K »

There's also the option of trying again this time next year. It's not like 2019 is the be-all and end-all, even if one believes DB would benefit the club.
Last edited by K on Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.