#17,#11 Dayne Beams

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

bally12

Post by bally12 »

Considering Beams' legitimate mental health issues, and having offered Brisbane a better than fair deal, this playing hard-ball by Brisbane is pretty pathetic.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 134 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

I remember Brisbane being pricks when trading for Beams. Nothing changes.
BBHS
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 7 times

Post by BBHS »

I've sent the bears twitter account a fair few picture collages of JDG, Crispy and Levi. I reckon they might have them on their whiteboard at the moment
Deja Vu

Post by Deja Vu »

It was OK for them to play the compassionate card when he was under contract with us...
Dave The Man
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Deja Vu wrote:It was OK for them to play the compassionate card when he was under contract with us...
but when he does that as Brisbane they just Pricks about it
I am Da Man
SwansWay

Post by SwansWay »

I like how Brisbane are making it look like Collingwood were chasing him when according to what is being reported, it was Dayne that said he wanted to come back to the Pies. I read that they want Josh Thomas as well as picks. Surely we can't be trading JT. That would kill team morale.
Culprit
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 40 times

Post by Culprit »

Walk away
SwansWay

Post by SwansWay »

Meanwhile, we're putting the Roughead trade on the backburner while this gets done. I'd switch focus to that to avoid missing the deadline.
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by K »

SwansWay wrote:... I read that they want Josh Thomas as well as picks. Surely we can't be trading JT. That would kill team morale.
Too late for players to be involved, unless both sides have secretly been doing stuff behind the media's backs.
Rush Stand Wing

Post by Rush Stand Wing »

JT signed yesterday for 3 years.

Dayne getting back on the bus will heal wounds on both sides and will be just what he needs at this stage of life. Its a win win. Get it done
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by K »

Rush Stand Wing wrote:...
Dayne getting back on the bus will heal wounds on both sides and will be just what he needs at this stage of life. Its a win win. Get it done
How so? It might heal wounds for some supporters (and the opposite for other supporters), but other than that...
Rush Stand Wing

K wrote:
Rush Stand Wing wrote:...
How so? It might heal wounds for some supporters (and the opposite for other supporters), but other than that...
It'll mean a lot to Bucks and Steele in particular. Passion is good ! We'll need that extra encouragement of "tipping in" after the disappointment. There maybe some lagtime but Dayne will exemplify the passion if given the chance for recompense
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

Rush Stand Wing wrote:Were not budging on wanting pick 52, as well as 30. Noble just said its up to us
We'd have to be pretty stubborn to not do the deal for the sake of 246pts even if they're all handy.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
piedys
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by piedys »

Culprit wrote:Walk away
Yep, call their bluff and fold.

Get Roughy sorted, and then see if they still wanna play games...
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Rush Stand Wing

swoop42 wrote:
Rush Stand Wing wrote:Were not budging on wanting pick 52, as well as 30. Noble just said its up to us
We'd have to be pretty stubborn to not do the deal for the sake of 246pts even if they're all handy.
I was just reading between the lines of what had been reported by the age and others. 246 pts might be all it takes for IQ and Kelly jnr