#17,#11 Dayne Beams

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

watt price tully wrote:Hold the wedding.....Stephen May has declared he's open to go to any Victorian team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrUAxOsneM4
Therefore he will go to Port Adelaide in a straight swap for Jake Neade.
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

In breaking news. The Wesdding is off or is Connors playing the fireld to get the job done with Melbourne?

"....As for May, player agent Paul Connors said Collingwood needed to choose between recruiting Beams or May....."

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-tr ... 97424b377d
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

If we have to choose it's Steve May for me. Three years younger, less prone to injury and he fits our needs at full back. I don't see why Beams can't spend one more year at Brisbane and then come back down to Melbourne at the end of next year for cheaper coinage. We don't have the draft picks - it's as simple as that and our offer to Brisbane for Beams was overs as far as I'm concerned.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:If we have to choose it's Steve May for me. Three years younger, less prone to injury and he fits our needs at full back. I don't see why Beams can't spend one more year at Brisbane and then come back down to Melbourne at the end of next year for cheaper coinage. We don't have the draft picks - it's as simple as that and our offer to Brisbane for Beams was overs as far as I'm concerned.
At what price? (says watt price tully)
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 105 times
Been liked: 120 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

MatthewBoydFanClub

Haff
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by Haff »

The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

We don't have the trade currency for May and our intention to sign Roughead signals we know it IMO.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
piedys
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by piedys »

RudeBoy wrote:Can't get my brain around any of it, but nice work B26. :?
Well, if the Uni Professor can't work it out, then I'm not gunna bust a gut over it either... :o
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
The Boy Who Cried Wolf

Post by The Boy Who Cried Wolf »

swoop42 wrote:We don't have the trade currency for May and our intention to sign Roughead signals we know it IMO.
I agree with Swoop. The club made its intentions clear yesterday. You can forget May, for now.
All Aboard!! Choo Choo!!!
mattdally
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Post by mattdally »

Forget May - Roughead is a cheaper option. Beams >>> May
MatthewBoydFanClub

The Boy Who Cried Wolf

Post by The Boy Who Cried Wolf »

Unfortunately we don't have the collateral to get May, unless we want to start trading players... and not the guys who 'might' or will be delisted.

Its an unfortunate reality, but we do have the collateral to get Beams, and while he will be expensive, weren't selling the farm due to our problems with retaining pick 18 (which yes will be forced out of our hands if we keep it) .

Does anyone here even doubt that Beams would not make us a better side? That's what you should be asking yourself. The club has obviously already decided this will be its course of action and by tomorrow night this time we'll be welcoming Dayne back into the fold.

We might as well open a new Topic welcoming Dayne Beams back to the club.
All Aboard!! Choo Choo!!!
Seth

Post by Seth »

Sorry but our pick 18 - first rounder - for Beams is just nuts. Would be very disappointed if we did this. He is 29 for goodness sake, he left us a few years back, bad luck for him. A pick around 50 is more then good enough. Go after May, we have more of a need for a KPP defender than another mid field midget. Beams has done stuff all at Brisbane.
Bleedblackanwhite

Post by Bleedblackanwhite »

Collingwood forever, forever Collingwood