Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Skids »

E wrote:
Skids wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:I think the club is expecting/hoping Callum Brown and Daics will become midfield options for us next year as well.
And this is a real poisitive. These boys will both still be 19 in 2019 and have added more valuable game time (Brown 13, Daics 12) at the highest level.

Remember, at the start of this year, people were asking where our improvement was going to come from. Like I said back then, across the board, the group improve, and these 2 are going to be a big part in the picture 8)
hope so, but not sure. I think they are both fine footballers. Problem is that based on our current best 22 (and who would need to be injured/out for them to get a good run at it), i think their inclusion would be a downgrade from our current best side.

Can you ever see Brown being better than Pendles, Adams, Sier, Treloar, DeGoey, Sidey, Phillips,

Can you ever see Daics being better than Stevo, WHE, DeGoey, Thomas?
I reckon people would have been saying something similar this time last year ..."Can you ever see Stevo being better than Billy?"
Not to mention JDG, half this board wanted to get rid of him and deport Mason.

I can certainly see upside in both, Daicos & Brown, to a point where their performances demand selection 8).

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/ ... 739b5e1d9c
Don't count the days, make the days count.
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by K »

Skids wrote:
E wrote:...
Can you ever see Daics being better than Stevo, WHE, DeGoey, Thomas?
I reckon people would have been saying something similar this time last year ..."Can you ever see Stevo being better than Billy?"
Not to mention JDG, half this board wanted to get rid of him and deport Mason.
JS has always been talked about as having X factor. And he has the athleticism they don't have.
mabo

Post by mabo »

He would be coming at a cost of retaining some of our current players; all to secure a player who will be 29 in Feb and has a long history of soft tissue injuries.

All the best in his future endeavors, but not interested in him returning.
woodys_world69
Been liked: 25 times

Post by woodys_world69 »

his brother was delisted by the lions as well dont forget, not sure if someone has already mentioned in this thread.

the other side of the coin is...does Neale still want to join the Lions if a player like Beams leaves and he will have to take more of a burden in the midfield?

the posture of the lions will change after they get the Neale deal done i suspect.
magpieazza

Post by magpieazza »

How do Hawthorn and Geelong keep coming up with these deals that get them great players for bugger shite all.

Scully for pick 35 is a masterstroke. Last year...Mitchell for pick 16 and 58 !!

Rohan and Dal Haus for practically worthless picks.

Then of course Carlton get Setterfield for pick 43 and a future second rounder......wow just wow. Should be an AFL investigation into this trade!!

So theres no way we should be forking out anything more than pick 18 for Beams....no freakin way!!
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.
tbaker

Post by tbaker »

I find your lack of faith disturbing
woodys_world69
Been liked: 25 times

Post by woodys_world69 »

Why do threads like this keep going when there is older threads started well before it that get closed? Shouldn't this whole thread be in the trade thread anyways?
think positive
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by think positive »

You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
K

Post by K »

think positive
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by think positive »

Yes that bit
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

I think we're in an ideal situation to do a deal like this at the moment.

Firstly, Beams is 29 but we are in our Premiership window. Even if he only has 2-3 years left, it's worth it. As long as his 2019 season is something close to his 2018 season.

Secondly, we'd be trading away a pick that likely would have been needed to draft Quaynor. instead we trade it for Beams and still get Quaynor with later picks. We really lose very little by giving up pick 18.

Whether it's for Beams or something else we will be trading pick 18. We also will be getting a first round talent in Quaynor. It's a great scenario for us. I think this loophole needs to be closed, but while it's there we need to use it.
Well done boys!
MightyMagpie

Post by MightyMagpie »

Beams was taken in the same draft as Sidebottom and is only 11 months older.
All We Can Be
K

Post by K »

(But his body is battered.)
Johnno75
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Johnno75 »

So now with Langdon staying how does this trade play out?
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

^^I don't think it does. Pick 18 and something will get the deal done if it ends up happening. The something doesn't have to be huge. Future 2nd rounder the highest I think we'd go.
Well done boys!