Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

i hate carlton
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by i hate carlton »

Beams is dead to me.

He's kicking pineapples!

My favourite nicks thread (Laugh at Carlscum): http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopi ... sc&start=0
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

[quote="AN_Inkling... and... swoop42"][/quote]
It's really refreshing to read interesting, logical posts written by intelligent people!
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
Seth

Post by Seth »

Sorry Dayne but you turned your back on the club for personal reasons fair enough but now you want back in because it hasnt worked out well for you up there. I think he has some personal demons we dont want to inherit. Only way would be with a 3rd or 4th round draft pick only. if they give up pick 18 they are mad and all the good work and credit they have achieved this year will have gone to waste. Whats happening with may anyway, is that still a goer or dead in the water???
Captain_MyCaptain

Post by Captain_MyCaptain »

swoop42 wrote: The only way I see a possible deal for Beams getting done is if Langdon agrees to join his brother at Fremantle and we send pick 18 to the Dockers also as part of the deal for Neale.

Question is though do we really want to use that currency on Beams?
Yes and hello to you Swoop. The window is open my friend. Step up Darcy Moore and Ben Reid.
cheers.
The window is open my friend!
E

Post by E »

Seth wrote:Sorry Dayne but you turned your back on the club for personal reasons fair enough but now you want back in because it hasnt worked out well for you up there. I think he has some personal demons we dont want to inherit. Only way would be with a 3rd or 4th round draft pick only. if they give up pick 18 they are mad and all the good work and credit they have achieved this year will have gone to waste. Whats happening with may anyway, is that still a goer or dead in the water???
pick 18 for the guy that finished top 10 in the brownlow seems like a steal to me.

Pick 18 and Langdon would be probably too much given that he probably has fewer than 5 good years left.
piedys
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by piedys »

I can't believe that the AFL site is leaving Barrett's dog shit journalism on display for the football world to see?
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

If we had a choice Scully would be much preferred.
Well done boys!
bally12

Post by bally12 »

If the best player in the AFL, a young Buddy Franklin, is worth pick 19, then pick 18 is more than enough for a banged up 29yo Beams.

Trade Radio is the most anti-Collingwood biased crap I've ever heard. Boomer Harvey, Del Santo, Sam Maclure....What a joke. Get off the radio morons.
thebaldfacts

Post by thebaldfacts »

On trade lowdown on Fox, Montagna and the journo said they expected Beams to get to Collingwood.

Didn't know how the deal would be done but both said they believed he would get to the Pies.
think positive
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by think positive »

Gees I was dirty he left, but there is some really really tacky comments here. Cmon guys we are better than that surely
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Skids »

RudeBoy wrote:I think the club is expecting/hoping Callum Brown and Daics will become midfield options for us next year as well.
And this is a real poisitive. These boys will both still be 19 in 2019 and have added more valuable game time (Brown 13, Daics 12) at the highest level.

Remember, at the start of this year, people were asking where our improvement was going to come from. Like I said back then, across the board, the group improve, and these 2 are going to be a big part in the picture 8)
Don't count the days, make the days count.
E

Post by E »

Skids wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:I think the club is expecting/hoping Callum Brown and Daics will become midfield options for us next year as well.
And this is a real poisitive. These boys will both still be 19 in 2019 and have added more valuable game time (Brown 13, Daics 12) at the highest level.

Remember, at the start of this year, people were asking where our improvement was going to come from. Like I said back then, across the board, the group improve, and these 2 are going to be a big part in the picture 8)
hope so, but not sure. I think they are both fine footballers. Problem is that based on our current best 22 (and who would need to be injured/out for them to get a good run at it), i think their inclusion would be a downgrade from our current best side.

Can you ever see Brown being better than Pendles, Adams, Sier, Treloar, DeGoey, Sidey, Phillips,

Can you ever see Daics being better than Stevo, WHE, DeGoey, Thomas?
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by K »

I think the obvious problem is that they seem so small, so light-bodied, so lacking in power. Is there any hope they have not finished growing?
MOTR

Post by MOTR »

think positive wrote:Gees I was dirty he left, but there is some really really tacky comments here. Cmon guys we are better than that surely
Premiership players are pretty rare. We owe them a whole lot more respect than this.
Be Staunch, Be Proud, Be Collingwood
Cam
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by Cam »

He has asked, but whether it happens or not is another thing.

Flip flopping and telling different sets of people different opinions on the same question does not engender confidence is all I'm saying TP.

Although, he *could* function as the prime minister or any politician actually.
Get back on top.