Post by E »

inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

Last edited by inxs88 on Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 92 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

E is exactly right completely different players
Inside mid compared to outside mid
Sidey has a huge engine and that's one of his strengths
Beams plays in bursts
Both hit the scoreboard Beams likley a bit more
Beams wins more ball but Sidey isn't there to win ball but use it when he's given it
Beams was more AFL ready when he arrived because he had played near 2 seasons of senior footy at QAFL level hence he got a start before Sidey but maybe those bruising contests when his body was still young and growing causes some of the issue he has now because he is anywhere near a durable as Sidey. I can only remember Sidey missing a couple games with a thumb injury by memory were as Beams he's missed over 50 games with injury

But back to the original topic
It's doubtful he will leave Brisbane because really who else would pay him the same coin now ? He's on over $900k a season guaranteed for another couple years. He might get $600-$700k in Melbourne at another club but it won't be at Collingwood we have loads of midfield depth already
As for the relationship between Buckley and Beams I'm informed by Dayne it's fine. He always liked bucks and didn't have any issues with him. I doubt Buckley would have been happy on losing Dayne as he was an important part of the team but Buckley isn't in a position to knock a player for leaving a club after all he did the same leaving the lions.
As I said previously Dayne not appearing at the copeland was a terrible decision. Had he attended got up in front of the faithful and said a true goodbye I'm sure many on here and other pies supporters would have handled his departure with more consideration. As I said previously he took some poor advice from a person in a powerful position at the club at the time that it would be best if he didn't attend. The basis on that conversation was Dayne being told his presence at the copeland would or could be a distraction and may cause some supporters to vent there dissatisfaction about his decision to leave. It wasn't said directly but it was implied if he attended and there was a scene caused due to his presence it may affect the clubs willingness to commit to a trade
Again I'm not defending Dayne I've told him personally he should have gone to the copeland and said thanks and good bye properly.
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

It was Swan who stated he wasn't surprised that Beams left. He and Buckley are just different types of people I think he said. So it's not that Buckley and Beams had a falling out or anything of that nature. They wouldn't have been particularly close in the first place. The fact that we fought hard to stop him leaving means Buckley wanted him in the team and when he left it forced a rethink of our list strategy. That in itself is a measure of his worth. Beams is an elite midfielder.
Redlight

Post by Redlight »

inxs88 wrote:Better player than Sidebottom
No one is better at talking down Collingwood champions than Collingwood 'supporters'.

He'd walk into any other side in the league. Deadset, proven champion. Unlike yourself.
Redlight

Post by Redlight »

Double post. Might as well take the chance the repeat that the Sidebottom criticism is bulltish. :)
think positive
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by think positive »

not a collingwood thing its an aussie thing,
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Piethagoras' Theorem
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
E

Post by E »

Pies4shaw
Has liked: 109 times
Been liked: 125 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

Ah. Your purpose is the record he had no influence on the game when it was in the balance.
Monco Matt

Post by Monco Matt »

Anyone who doesn't believe Dayne Beams wouldn't slot straight into our best midfield rotations is a dead set idiot. Still a gun with ball in hand and a piercing kick inside 50. If he wants back to Collingwood ( and why wouldn't he, we are in the slot for a flag) then make it happen, so long as it doesn't cost the farm.
RED "BABY" CAVANAUGH: Didn't hear what the bet was.

MONCO: Your life.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 109 times
Been liked: 125 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Wokko

Post by Wokko »

Would take him back in a heartbeat. He's turning 28 next year and we're in our window. Imagine those spear passes coming in to De Goey or Mason, would be the touch of class we need.

I can't see how we get it done though, he'd be cheaper than we sold him for but Brisbane would already feel screwed by that trade, not sure we'd get a second one up on them.