So. What's for Dinner?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

stui magpie
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 96 times

Post by stui magpie »

Fkn brilliant is how it tastes,

I also added chilli.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
luvdids

Post by luvdids »

The only soup I make- roast pumpkin garlic & onion with wholegrain mustard, honey, chick peas & cumin. Bit of bread & butter - Delicious
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Sunday I experimented and made some stuffed silver beet.

Pork and veal mince, some cooked rice and quinoa, diced silver beet stalks, garlic and onion slowly sauteed all mixed together with some allspice, salt and pepper.

Blanch some silver beet leaves in boiling water for about 20 seconds, drop them in some cold water then lie them out flat like a tortilla.

Wrap the mince mix in the silver beet leaves into small parcels, cook slowly in a tomato based sauce of bottled sugo with pan fried onions, garlic and capsicums with paprika, serve with cauliflower mash.

Damn tasty
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by think positive »

You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

What is stopping you?
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Ha, cheers.

I had a fair bit of the meat mix leftover, so I made a meatloaf out of it for dinner last night.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Went out tonight to a cool wine bar in North Fitzroy ( a short walk to my youngests rented place to catch up with my oldest 28th (25 Aug), my youngests 25th (31 July) and fathers day (I'll be in QLD for day 1 of the big ride)

http://neighbourhoodwine.com

https://docs.google.com/viewerng/viewer ... U.pdf?dl=1

5 of us in total (youngest's boyfriend)

I broke my vegetarianism tonight and had a Cape Grin (Tasmanian steak sliced with horseradish) medium rare. Lots of other courses, sides and drinks.

I'll now go back to vegetarianism. Just had to do it. Lovely venue, nice meal and we rationalized the expence by saying we haven't done it for a long time. Busy lives to get us all out together.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 38 times

Post by Skids »

watt price tully wrote:Went out tonight to a cool wine bar in North Fitzroy ( a short walk to my youngests rented place to catch up with my oldest 28th (25 Aug), my youngests 25th (31 July) and fathers day (I'll be in QLD for day 1 of the big ride)

http://neighbourhoodwine.com

https://docs.google.com/viewerng/viewer ... U.pdf?dl=1

5 of us in total (youngest's boyfriend)

I broke my vegetarianism tonight and had a Cape Grin (Tasmanian steak sliced with horseradish) medium rare. Lots of other courses, sides and drinks.

I'll now go back to vegetarianism. Just had to do it. Lovely venue, nice meal and we rationalized the expence by saying we haven't done it for a long time. Busy lives to get us all out together.
Never eaten a Tasmanian... how was it?
Don't count the days, make the days count.
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

Everyone is so busy nowadays.
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 38 times

Post by Skids »

Don't count the days, make the days count.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Never been a big fan of the tinned spag, prefer the baked beans myself.

Anyway, on the menu for the next couple of nights is slow cooked brisket and pork spare ribs.

Coated the brisket with some bbq rub, browned it in the fry pan then put it in the slow cooker on top of some sliced portabello mushies, tin of tomatoes, sliced onion, chopped garlic and put 2 cups of beef stock in, as well as some black peppercorns and a good dash of Worcestershire sauce.

I'll pull it out to rest and reduce the sauce in a saucepan to put over top. Get the old girl to peel some spuds and chop some veges and there ya go.

Had the pork ribs in the fridge, needed to be cooked or frozen so I thought bugger it I'll do them as well then there's no meat to cook for the next few days. Just stuck em in a pan and cooked on low with the lid on, turning frequently, for about 45 min so they're cooked soft and the fat is rendered.
Pi

Post by Pi »

So I was looking at the catering list for tonight's game and something doesn't seem right.
- 12,000 hot chips from WA-owned New West Foods
does that mean 12000 servings or 12000 individual chips?

https://www.watoday.com.au/national/wes ... 502bk.html
Pi = Infinite = Collingwood = Always
Floreat Pica
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

^

NFI

But tonight, it's party pies, party sausage rolls and cocktail savs for dinner. Service to commence at 1/4 time.

1 1/2 bottles of cab shiraz down so far and the game hasn't started yet.
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by think positive »

Shitty Optus stadium pizza yuk
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Jezza
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 245 times

Post by Jezza »

I had a similar experience at the SCG a few years back.

Shit food and to make matters worse we lost by 15 goals.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆