So. What's for Dinner?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

ronrat

Post by ronrat »

Getting a decent Porterhouse or lamb cutlets here is harder than unused splitch crotch panties . Two things I look forward to when I go home.
Annoying opposition supporters since 1967.
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by K »

think positive wrote:Porterhouse, melt in the mouth, and really really good give me more chips! The Toyota car club put on a remembering Peter night for my brother in law, and they invited us all, and shouted us dinner. Pub in port Melbourne, really good food! It was a nice night, good to see people telling funny stories, and they had lots of photos and video of him. Man it was exhausting though. Cheers
That's good to hear. Well done to the car club.
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by think positive »

K wrote:
think positive wrote:Porterhouse, melt in the mouth, and really really good give me more chips! The Toyota car club put on a remembering Peter night for my brother in law, and they invited us all, and shouted us dinner. Pub in port Melbourne, really good food! It was a nice night, good to see people telling funny stories, and they had lots of photos and video of him. Man it was exhausting though. Cheers
That's good to hear. Well done to the car club.
Cheers Mate, Really was well done. There is a little bit more peace in me today.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
stui magpie
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 96 times

Post by stui magpie »

Last weekend the son put in a request for American BBQ for the following Sunday.

So last night, I did. But all done in the oven.

3kg pork ribs
1kg beef spare ribs
1kg Buffalo wings
Coleslaw
Corn on the cob
Sourdoughs bread with butter.

Cooked the meat low and slow in the oven and made my own sweet, hot and tangy BBQ sauce for the pork ribs

Left overs for dinner tonight. :D
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive

Post by think positive »

Wokko

Post by Wokko »

Scotch Fillet steak for me and baked salmon for the 35 week pregnant mum to be. Mash, broccolini, sweet potato and carrot on the side.

Lemon roulade for dessert (cheated and store bought that one).
think positive

Post by think positive »

oooooh thats getting close, how exciting!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Southern fried chicken in the air fryer, coleslaw (low on the dressing), corn on the cob.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Making a Beef, Bacon, Beer and mushroom stew, with celery, parsnip, carrot and zucchini, and cheese and chive dumplings on top.

Got it simmering on the stove while watching the Pies game on TV. I'll make the dumplings at half time.
think positive

Post by think positive »

Got a few of those dumplings playing right now :(
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

1. I mada a vegetable chickpea curry late last week: Mustard seeds, cumin, tumeric, coriander and chilli (all ground), onion garlic, a tin of tomatoes and water that covers the veges: Carrot, potato, zucchini, red capsicum and cauliflower. Salt & pepper to taste. Served with brown rice, fresh cornander and indian yoghurt. Israeli side salad of diced tomatoes, capsicum, cucumber spring onion and left over tabbouli from the day before.

2. Last night youngest came over to stay & study (and cook) she made vegetable enchiladas with a coriander, lime and chilli sauce and a delicious sald.

3. Got home from work & footy (long day) and she made a tuna tomato/vege based pasta sauce with olives and pasta shells and a basic garden salad. For desert she made a moist carrot cake (with pecans and walnuts all in thr food processor) with lemon icing. Not good for the waistline.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by K »

watt price tully wrote: 2. Last night youngest came over to stay & study (and cook) she made vegetable enchiladas with a coriander, lime and chilli sauce and a delicious sald.
What is the relationship between coming over and studying?
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

K wrote:
watt price tully wrote: 2. Last night youngest came over to stay & study (and cook) she made vegetable enchiladas with a coriander, lime and chilli sauce and a delicious sald.
What is the relationship between coming over and studying?
She primarily came to study. She usually on weekends studies at Monash Caulfield library. Also she brought washing: nice quiet warm house, Mrs WPT does tge washing ( more her whites etc) they went out early for brekky & shopping, then she studied . Her contribution as it were is something she likes doing: cooking and baking.

Happens every coupla weeks depending where she is with respect to assignments and exam prep. Has an exam on contract law I think in a few weeks
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

watt price tully wrote:1. I mada a vegetable chickpea curry late last week: Mustard seeds, cumin, tumeric, coriander and chilli (all ground), onion garlic, a tin of tomatoes and water that covers the veges: Carrot, potato, zucchini, red capsicum and cauliflower. Salt & pepper to taste. Served with brown rice, fresh cornander and indian yoghurt. Israeli side salad of diced tomatoes, capsicum, cucumber spring onion and left over tabbouli from the day before.

2. Last night youngest came over to stay & study (and cook) she made vegetable enchiladas with a coriander, lime and chilli sauce and a delicious sald.

3. Got home from work & footy (long day) and she made a tuna tomato/vege based pasta sauce with olives and pasta shells and a basic garden salad. For desert she made a moist carrot cake (with pecans and walnuts all in thr food processor) with lemon icing. Not good for the waistline.
I like a salad more than cooked veges, but I just can't quite do it over winter
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Tonight doing a small pork roast on the rotisserie in the air fryer with some roast spuds and steamed veges.