1st Elimination Final - Richmond vs Collingwood

The home of conversation about our Reserves team - the second best men's team in the world!

Moderator: bbmods

AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

Pies4shaw wrote:Are you Mayne's dad or have you just never seen a footy game before?
Did you watch today's game? We were terrible for much of it. Mayne pretty good early and finished better. Who was your best afield for us?
Well done boys!
KenH

Post by KenH »

Good second half, so glad they never gave up, not lik me who gave it away early!
Cheers big ears
MightyMagpie

Post by MightyMagpie »

AN_Inkling wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:Are you Mayne's dad or have you just never seen a footy game before?
Did you watch today's game? We were terrible for much of it. Mayne pretty good early and finished better. Who was your best afield for us?
McLarty
All We Can Be
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

^^Decent pick. I also would have accepted Brown, Cox at a stretch. Not many others who were close to Mayne, he was clearly one of our better players.
Well done boys!
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 118 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

AN_Inkling wrote:
Brown, Cox and Pendlebury were undoubtedly Collingwood's best. Mayne tries hard and it's certainly not his fault they lost but he really needed to be picked in last night's game, not today's.
CarringbushCigar
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 7 times

Post by CarringbushCigar »

Pies4shaw wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
Brown, Cox and Pendlebury were undoubtedly Collingwood's best. Mayne tries hard and it's certainly not his fault they lost but he really needed to be picked in last night's game, not today's.
I'd go with those 3 also in that order
Thought Brown was clearly our best
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

Pendlebury was good late. Not so good in the first half and was beaten one on one all day. Cox and Brown are fair enough, but could be argued either way. Brown won a lot of the ball but without great impact and a number of poor kicks. Mayne certainly up in the top 5 and arguably our best. Extra points for actually doing something in the first half.
Well done boys!
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 118 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

AN_Inkling wrote:Pendlebury was good late. Not so good in the first half and was beaten one on one all day. Cox and Brown are fair enough, but could be argued either way. Brown won a lot of the ball but without great impact and a number of poor kicks. Mayne certainly up in the top 5 and arguably our best.
Top 5 is fair enough, even if only because there were certainly some hopeless performances from players in black and white today.
melliot

Post by melliot »

I must apoligise. Sat down watch the first half. We were woeful. Decided to go mow the lawns. Popped my head in and saw in the 3rd we'd made a come back. Sat down to watch the end of the 3rd and start of the 4th. We were woeful again. And i gave up. Then see we actually got back in front in the late in the 4th. Wow. But then lost.

Clearly when I watched we can't perform. So I'll have to stay away in future. May be that's the problem with the afl team?

For the parts I watched. Mayne was pathetic. My thoughts are that he is not even a good VFL player. Geez he must of played like Dusty when I walked away to be considered to be in the best. Cos he was poor when I watched.

Best when the going was tough (tends to be the mark of better players for the future) I thought, Farty McLarty, Brown, Cox.

I was really disappointed with the first have intensity. Tige's wanted it far more in the 1st half and was very noticeable. Fortunate that we wern't 10 goals down.
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

I think the most impressive aspect of the game was that we ran it right out. We had 5 less AFL listed players than the tigers and at least three that we played were teenagers. Being the younger side with more VFL players I expected us to lose and also thought we'd be run over in the last. Sticking it out right to the end and almost getting over the line showed real character.
Well done boys!
droversdog65

Post by droversdog65 »

AN_Inkling wrote:I think the most impressive aspect of the game was that we ran it right out. We had 5 less AFL listed players than the tigers and at least three that we played were teenagers. Being the younger side with more VFL players I expected us to lose and also thought we'd be run over in the last. Sticking it out right to the end and almost getting over the line showed real character.
Finally some common sense.

Tigers stacked their side with AFL hardliners.

We had some but a large sprinkling of still light kids and VFL types.

The result was never in doubt although the final margin was surprisingly good.

The difference between men and kids was stark in the first half.

focused intensity

Richmond had it and we didn't.
uncanny
Been liked: 12 times

Post by uncanny »

never like to lose but pleased with that after rising the ladder in the recent weeks
a bit of a mirror of the senior side in that respect, the seconds making the finals though
that's a good effort given the opposition where it's always easier for the seconds side whose senior team is still involved in finals
more competition at training and they are playing for a spot in the big time
time to look forward to 2018
keep Coxy
get Trengove and give him a game forward and back
that goes for other players like Reid and Howe
swing em forward and back
keep their opponents guessing and let the payers play with more flair and enjoyment will follow
woodsmen rule