So. What's for Dinner?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 38 times

Post by Skids »

Home now :D

Some cooked (cold) tiger prawns.
Followed by a scotch fillet & a pork belly strip on the bbq.

6 days off.... happy again :wink:

Maybe dine on somerhing else a bit later too :shock:
Don't count the days, make the days count.
think positive
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by think positive »

Went to an Irish pub in Bacchus marsh with the Marmo clan an some others, great food great company, I had the warm seafood salad, some soda bread, some of hubbies Guinness pie, and a little of ma Marmos gnocchi! Bloody full now!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
stui magpie
Has liked: 92 times
Been liked: 97 times

Post by stui magpie »

Skids wrote:Home now :D

Some cooked (cold) tiger prawns.
Followed by a scotch fillet & a pork belly strip on the bbq.

6 days off.... happy again :wink:

Maybe dine on somerhing else a bit later too :shock:
BBQ shapes? :P
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
ronrat

Post by ronrat »

Had hickory smoked lamb, smoked salmon and smoked pork ribs soaked in Dr Pepper. A Canadian mate around the corner has a smoker. The 2 dogs had a heap of rib bones and are happy as can be. He does it every week with different stuff and yoo share the cost. 10 bucks today and I took home a half rack of ribs. I will miss him when he goes home to Canada.
Annoying opposition supporters since 1967.
stui magpie
Has liked: 92 times
Been liked: 97 times

Post by stui magpie »

^

Sounds yum.

I did some osso bucco in the pressure cooker on Saturday night, along with a curry potato and cauliflower soup which was yum.

backed up yesterday with the Famly over for dinner with a roast pork and veges. The old girl prepped the veges for me and just before the Pies game started, pulled out piece of paper with a recipe she'd pulled out of the paper, for sweet potato gratin. Asked if we had any cream (cos looking in the fridge is apparently too hard) cos he'd like to have a go at making it, if that was OK.

You want to make it, make it. Quick trip to IGA for cream and back just in time for the first bounce.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Morrigu

Post by Morrigu »

Bought myself a Tangine today and cooked a Moroccan vegetable tangine served with cous cous - num num really wonderful taste of spice and heat!!

Loving being on holidays and having time to cook! 8) I'm not very good at it so need a lot of time :P
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Morrigu wrote:Bought myself a Tangine today and cooked a Moroccan vegetable tangine served with cous cous - num num really wonderful taste of spice and heat!!

Loving being on holidays and having time to cook! 8) I'm not very good at it so need a lot of time :P
Sounds delicious

I can relate to being on hols. Last week & this week is cleaning, riding my bike, spin classes & getting dinner ready for Mrs WPT & the the youngest when they get home from work. Had baked spuds with various salads: home made coleslaw, shop bought tabbouli, mushrooms, Israeli salad: diced tomatoes, cucumber, spring onion & red capsicum (with avocado), kidney bean mix with cumin & tomato and of course corn, grated cheese & yoghurt.

Bathroom today (embarrassingly needed a lot of work) & downstairs loo. Tomorrow, vacuum the living area, carpets & wash the wooden floor.

Mrs WPT is making a spinach quiche before going to work tomorrow morning. I might make a small roast - going to spin class tomorrow.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Morrigu

Post by Morrigu »

^ hey WPT what's a spin class - are you going into politics?
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Morrigu wrote:^ hey WPT what's a spin class - are you going into politics?
:lol: There's a lot of huffing & puffing
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

Ask me another question.
think positive

Post by think positive »

Chicken Kiev and roast veggies, potatoes (not for me) pumpkin, orange and purple carrots, zucchini, mushrooms, red onion, swede (yuk), grape tomatoes, all cooked in a splash of rich glen garlic infused olive oil from Yarrawonga, and a handful of bush tucker dukkah tossed on the top. Cooked some greens for me too! Got 4 Yums! Noice!
partypie

Post by partypie »

I scored a fresh whole pink snapper and made stock out of the bones, which then got turned into seafood chowder, it was fantastic
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

That is interesting.
think positive

Post by think positive »

partypie wrote:I scored a fresh whole pink snapper and made stock out of the bones, which then got turned into seafood chowder, it was fantastic
Yumbo, love chowder
Morrigu

Post by Morrigu »

Made the better half Kao Soi today.

Roasted the coriander seeds, cardomoms and chillies, assembled the squillion spices, minced the garlic, ginger and turmeric - got the mortar and pestle out and made the curry paste - the smell is fantastic!!

Loved it did he ( haven't made it often cause the prep takes some time). He's off to Zimbabwe in 2 days to spend 2 weeks with the anti rhino poaching Rangers - they survive on very little so best feed him before he goes! :D

Got the recipe from a place in Chang Mai many years ago - make sure you have it there WPT - num num num !!!!!!!!