What's the last movie you watched?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

think positive
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by think positive »

David wrote:I don't think you'd like it much! Honestly, I'm not sure if I did either. Still trying to work through my thoughts on it.
Well for once I'll take your movie advice!
:P :lol:
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Culprit
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 42 times

Post by Culprit »

Watched Manchester by the sea and I viewe it as punishment and another slooooooowwwwww movie which seems to be the standard out of Hollywood lately. Just over two hours of my life I won't get back. How Casey Affleck won best actor has me stumped. I guess further proof who votes for the awards live in La La Land.
Culprit

Post by Culprit »

I watched Moonlight and it must have got the Gay/Black vote to win. Another long boring movie. I have no idea how he won best supporting actor when he is only in it for half the movie. The Awards are a farce.
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

Would you like to have an idea?
Culprit

Post by Culprit »

Last night we sat down and watched "Hidden Figures". Great movie and enjoyable from start to finish. Made up for the horrendous long movies like Moonlight and Manchester by the Sea. 9/10 and Worth watching.
mandy

Post by mandy »

Haha! I loved all 3 of those movies.

Watched The Founder last night. What an awful man he was. 8/10
#TEAMBUCKS
#TEAMEDDIE
#TEAMCOLLINGWOOD
#SIDEBYSIDE
Culprit

Post by Culprit »

mandy wrote:Haha! I loved all 3 of those movies.

Watched The Founder last night. What an awful man he was. 8/10
Greed is Good. lol
piedys
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by piedys »

Culprit wrote:Watched Manchester by the sea and I viewe it as punishment and another slooooooowwwwww movie which seems to be the standard out of Hollywood lately. Just over two hours of my life I won't get back. How Casey Affleck won best actor has me stumped.
Look, if they wanted somebody to play a sulky, moody, broken bloke with very little to say, who likes to smash things and start fights in bars, then I could have done it for much much less, and saved them money on production costs.

Seriously though, I could have found 10-15 minutes worth of screen time to edit out of that movie; a little too long for what it delivered.
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
stui magpie
Has liked: 92 times
Been liked: 99 times

Post by stui magpie »

piedys wrote:
Culprit wrote:Watched Manchester by the sea and I viewe it as punishment and another slooooooowwwwww movie which seems to be the standard out of Hollywood lately. Just over two hours of my life I won't get back. How Casey Affleck won best actor has me stumped.
Look, if they wanted somebody to play a sulky, moody, broken bloke with very little to say, who likes to smash things and start fights in bars, then I could have done it for much much less, and saved them money on production costs.

Seriously though, I could have found 10-15 minutes worth of screen time to edit out of that movie; a little too long for what it delivered.
You looking to be the next Wolverine now Hugh has doffed the claws? :P
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
piedys

Post by piedys »

mandy wrote:Watched The Founder last night. What an awful man he was. 8/10
Loved this movie; apparently Kroc's wife gave away much of the fortune they had accumulated upon his death?

I'm looking at reading the Ray Kroc biography to check if the movie was true to his recollections of what actually unfolded:

http://www.historyvshollywood.com/reelfaces/founder/

But those McDonald bothers got right royally rogered, no question there...
HAL

Post by HAL »

stui magpie wrote:
piedys wrote:

You looking to be the next Wolverine now Hugh has doffed the claws? :P
Do you like to smash things and start fights in bars then he or she could did it for much much less and saved them money on production costs too?
piedys

Post by piedys »

stui magpie wrote:You looking to be the next Wolverine now Hugh has doffed the claws? :P
Thanks for the offer Stui, I didn't know Hugh had pulled the plug after Logan? Unfortunately, I haven't quite the body mass required for such a role. Deadpool I might get away with if Ryan doesn't suit up again...
piedys

Post by piedys »

HAL wrote:Do you like to smash things and start fights in bars then he or she could did it for much much less and saved them money on production costs too?
Yes HAL, and smash smart mouthed little robots too...
HAL

Post by HAL »

No preference.
Culprit

Post by Culprit »

Watched "The Great Wall' and it was an enjoyable movie. If downloading make sure you get the subtitles as it really helps.

Watching Star Wars - Rogue One at the moment and I am totally lost of where this film fits :shock: in the Star Wars theme/story.