What's the last movie you watched?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

I picked up Demolition University this afternoon, it's about College students (Corey Haim, Ami Dolenz) on a field trip encounter terrorists planning to poison the city's water supply.

According to what I've read about the movie, it's a straight to video release sequel to "Demolition High" I figured it was something interesting to check out...It was an okay movie, had a lot of lame moments throughout it.

I suppose I wasn't really expecting a great movie, I wasn't left disappointed with that theory. Still it's watchable.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 46 times

Post by David »

This classic French musical from the '60s! Caught it at a one-off screening at Cinema Nova last week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGuaivFbZQk

Who would have thought it? It actually move me to tears. This is from someone who generally hates musicals, too...
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
think positive
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by think positive »

I watched the link and then the ending!
She left for money maybe?
His daughter?
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 46 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
think positive

Post by think positive »

think positive

Post by think positive »

woohoo, got to love something that works. our projector died, we got a second hand proffessional standard one of ebay, didnt read the fine print and the thing would have lit the house down the end of the street up! it weighed 26kg, was 1/2 a metre long and wide, and 250mm high! so sent that back! bought an Optoma from ebay, was only $450, brand new, run out model,and its 3D. we already had a 3D blueray player (was the same price so figured why not!) had to buy some special 3D glasses that interact with the projector. yeah ok, i thought, bet this is a bust! bloody thing is brilliant! just in time for the shitty weather! cheers!!
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

Saw Conjuring 2 last night. IF you like the horror genre of movies, you would absolutely love this just like I did. Otherwise, I would stay away.
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

Lazza wrote:Saw Conjuring 2 last night. IF you like the horror genre of movies, you would absolutely love this just like I did. Otherwise, I would stay away.
I am looking forward to seeing that, I saw the first one, saw Annabelle wasn't a big fan of Annabelle but I am hoping Conjuring 2 is better. Apparently they're already looking at a third.
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
stui magpie
Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 101 times

Post by stui magpie »

Just watched Escape from Alcatraz,the 79 classic starring Clint Eastwood.

Seen it a few times before but having just been there, damn......Really appreciate it. Obviously filmed on the Rock, no green screen or special effects,
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive

Post by think positive »

stui magpie wrote:Just watched Escape from Alcatraz,the 79 classic starring Clint Eastwood.

Seen it a few times before but having just been there, damn......Really appreciate it. Obviously filmed on the Rock, no green screen or special effects,
Yeah it's a great movie, I have a copy too.

bit different to the Sean Connery 'the rock' the chase scene always gets me, the rock ain't that long!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

^

Yeah, I downloaded that the other day too. Might watch it tonight. :D
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Had a look at the fantastic 4 tonight, the latest version.

Really not sure what they were going for with this, it was a total and unashamed reimagining of the whole fantastic 4 origin story to the extent that the only thing in common with the actual fantastic 4 was the names of the 4 main characters and their powers. Everything else was utterly different.

I can so see why it failed at the box office.

As a stand alone movie if you kept the exact same plot, gave the characters some different powers and didn't call them the fantastic 4, it would stand up OK.

But trying to leverage off the Fantastic 4 brand with something that just clearly wasn't them, was dumb.
think positive

Post by think positive »

Xander cage is back! Oh yeah, can't wait for that!

Watched the dressmaker, really good, I was really surprised!remember seeing a review here, so I watched it on the plane. Great movie, and boy can whatshername act!
regan is true fullback

Post by regan is true fullback »

like to pay a tribute to Gary Marshall, the man behind Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley, Mork and Mindy and the movie Pretty Woman amongst others, who passed away recently.
Director Gary Marshall dies aged 81
7News Published July 20th, 4:27 pm
As a director, he gave the big break to Henry Winkler, Julia Roberts, Robin Williams and Anne Hathaway.

other movies include The Flamingo Kid, Valentines Day, the 2 Princess Diaries and Runaway Bride.

Not without controversy, he also directed the popular, but abysmal Beaches, and was responsible for the phrase "jump the shark" ,meaning that a TV series has passed it's prime. His stubborn refusal to believe that Happy Days best times were behind it, led to 5 more years of the series.