What's the last movie you watched?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

think positive
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by think positive »

Vacation, not bad! Smutty humour, but plenty of LOL moments!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

Sisters with Tina Fey and Amy Poehler.
Very funny. Some of the humor may not be everyone's cup of tea but I thought is was great.

Also saw Stars Wars:The Force Awakens which I loved - almost cried in one scene but I am a Stars Wars tragic.

A while ago I watched Trainwreck with Amy Schumer. Like Sisters some people may find the humor a bit crass, but I have seen her stuff on TV and enjoyed the film. Cameo performance by LeBron James was great.
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
think positive

Post by think positive »

Dark Beanie wrote:Sisters with Tina Fey and Amy Poehler.
Very funny. Some of the humor may not be everyone's cup of tea but I thought is was great.

Also saw Stars Wars:The Force Awakens which I loved - almost cried in one scene but I am a Stars Wars tragic.

A while ago I watched Trainwreck with Amy Schumer. Like Sisters some people may find the humor a bit crass, but I have seen her stuff on TV and enjoyed the film. Cameo performance by LeBron James was great.
Thanks for the review, was thinking about checking out sisters, and also train wreck
think positive

Post by think positive »

Saw sisters last night at a little theatre in yarraville, (yes I missed Tarantino and OMG Kurt Russell in the flesh by less than 24 hours, bugger) not bad, never seen such an audience reaction, the whole place was laughing its head off! I'll have to buy the DVD even with a hearing aide I missed at least half the jokes. And afte pr what we went though last year, I had a bit of a problem with certain bits of the story! Good night though, good company, my first glass of wine in two weeks!
think positive

Post by think positive »

Star Wars, I hav no life
stui magpie
Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 105 times

Post by stui magpie »

Back to school with Rodney Dangerfield.

ROFL.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
CarringbushCigar
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 7 times

Post by CarringbushCigar »

Watched a few over the last week:

Creed 7.5/10
The wife and I both enjoyed it, and inspired me to show her Rocky.
Rocky II downloading now. Good performance by Stallone and really good by the kid.

Concussion 7/10
I don't really like Will Smith and wish someone else did this movie.
Was a little hollywood mushy but obviously important to us, and did a pretty good job introducing the technicalities of the condition and the history, particularly the NFL reluctance.

Spotlight 9.5/10
Super performances so must have been brilliantly directed and cast.
Great story and will go down as a classic movie about journalism.
Really got local and gritty and never over did anything.
Totally loved it.
Best I've seen since 12 years a slave.
I just googled and happy to see its nominated for heaps of oscars.
luvdids

Post by luvdids »

The Revenant.

Took me a while to figure out if I liked it or not, driving home in a sort of trance, like, what did I just watch? But answer is yes, I liked it. Bit gruesome in parts, but in keeping with the story, not gratuitous. Leo was very good.
Time went fast too, usually with longer movies I'm ready for them to end ages before they do, this one surprised me when it ended.

I'd give it 4 out of 5 I think.
The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

stui magpie wrote:Back to school with Rodney Dangerfield.

ROFL.
I still love watching that, and other Rodney Dangerfield movies. Much like the Chris Farley movies as well.

I watched a fair few movies lately, I confess to a Netflix addiction, it was my hot Valentine's Date the other day.... Anyway I watched 'Just Friends' with Ryan Reynolds, and also 'Waiting...' enjoyed both, and then last night I watched 'The Change-up' with Jason Bateman, Leslie Mann and Ryan Reynolds.

Another one of those switching type movies where Ryan and Jason (Mitch and Dave in the movie) switch lives after pissing in a fountain and wishing to have each others lives. I watched it late last year but watched it again last night.

I've also watched some documentaries, 'The Bridge' about suicides from the Golden Gate Bridge in San Fransisco, and also Trophy Kids a documentary about parents living through their children and pushing them towards 'greatness' in sports, and damaging their relationships etc.

Both were quite good, very sad seeing actual footage of people leaping from the bridge to take their own lives though and hearing the stories of those left behind.

Trophy Kids was a bit sad as well, seeing one child (Justus) abused beyond belief by his dad for having a girlfriend and then not wanting to talk about that, and also at training him not understanding a play. Then hearing one dad wanting to punch out the coach losing the opportunity to see his son play etc.

Both are on Netflix right now, and I watched them both over the last few days.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Visconti's 1963 masterpiece: 'The Leopard" at the Cinamteque last night at ACMI.

3 hours, thank god for the shortened version :wink: all before night shift!

A review:

http://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/great ... opard-1963
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 46 times

Post by David »

^ Andrew Bolt's favourite film, apparently. Not even joking!

Lola was there too. I had Ingmar duties for the second Wednesday in a row. :x
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
think positive

Post by think positive »

That's good, Lola could probably use the sleep!
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

David wrote:^ Andrew Bolt's favourite film, apparently. Not even joking!

Lola was there too. I had Ingmar duties for the second Wednesday in a row. :x
Shame. last two films were great to watch - although they could turn the air con up a bit more.

Last night was magnificent.

Truly a masterpiece. I was worried I might get bored but this was enchanting, wonderful & skilful all in one.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 46 times

Post by David »

I really must see it! Only ever watched the one Visconti film, Rocco and His Brothers. I've heard this one is stylistically very different, though. Maybe I'll come along next week. :)

Also, TP, lol. Very funny. :lol:
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
think positive

Post by think positive »

David wrote:I really must see it! Only ever watched the one Visconti film, Rocco and His Brothers. I've heard this one is stylistically very different, though. Maybe I'll come along next week. :)

Also, TP, lol. Very funny. :lol:
:wink: :lol: