What's the last movie you watched?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Here are the 65 answers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 46 times

Post by David »

Well done!
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

David wrote:I just watched Woody Allen's Crimes and Misdemeanours again. I was wondering if I'd still like it the second time around, but was really impressed with it. The ending in particular is excellent.
Great film.

Have you seen "Zelig" & "The Front" ? - the latter wasn't directed by Allen but both worth watching.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
David

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Mugwump

Post by Mugwump »

Two more flags before I die!
think positive
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by think positive »

stui magpie wrote:
think positive wrote:
stui magpie wrote: I've never actually seen it.
Your kidding? That should be illegal, go get a copy or download it, you will love it, it's got everything, drama, intrigue, humour, not action but violence! And simply the best endings ever, it's just a brilliant movie, casting, scenery, everything. When it's on telly, you just can't flick past it!
yeah, Nah, Maybe.

Is it as good as Cobra? :P
Not many movies don't come across as cornet a few years later, this is one, just like the fugitive it's still very watchable, give it a go, you will love it
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Morrigu

Post by Morrigu »

We are not big movie watchers but finally watched Hotel Rwanda the other night ( we didn't want to see it before we went - dunno why) Enjoyed is probably not the correct term but it captured very well the events and history of a sad time in what we found a beautiful country.

It wasn't till we visited that we realised that it was white Western Catholics looking to convert the locals who initially made the distinction between the Tutsi and Hutu and favoured the Hutu cause they were more amenable to being" converted" . Ah religion - AGAIN!

Anyway thought it was well done and well worth watching.
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
David

Post by David »

Mugwump

Post by Mugwump »

think positive
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by think positive »

You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Mugwump

Post by Mugwump »

^ Ever walked through the business class section on your way to an economy seat for a flight from the UK to Australia ? I always think this scene sums up that feeling well.... and quite a few similar things.
stui magpie
Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 105 times

Post by stui magpie »

I'm really looking forward to watching this,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIM1HydF9UA

And this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI3hecG ... e=youtu.be The chick who plays Harley Quinn looks like she can do the role, which would be a serious stretch for anyone.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Jezza
Has liked: 192 times
Been liked: 268 times

Post by Jezza »

Yep I'm looking forward to seeing Suicide Squad as well.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

I watched Obsessed with Laura, it stars Ali Larter, Beyonce and Ibris Elba.

Ali Larter is a temp at an office and she gets a bit interested in Ibris, who is married to Beyonce with a child, at a Christmas Party she tries to get him to sleep with her and he knocks her back. She keeps on there but wont let up he storms out of the party. Next time they're together in his car she's in her lingerie and he rejects her again.

She keeps obsessing over him and all that at the hotel and all, then attempts suicide and then makes up there was an affair, etc, then starts to stalk him and all that. His wife leaves him and all that, then the stuff happens when they get back together the girls obsession gets worse.

It wasn't a bad film, won't give much more away but I didn't think I'd like it, I got it for Laura for her birthday so we watched it and it was good.
David

Post by David »