What's the last movie you watched?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

think positive
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by think positive »

Magic mike XXL better than the first one! Just a really good funny don't have to think, romp of a movie. And the eye candy! Can't wait til it hits the shelves, there will be no cheap copies here my friend!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
swoop42
Been liked: 6 times

Post by swoop42 »

Stui and TP Rambo III on 7mate tonight at 8.50pm.

David I'll record it for ya.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
think positive

Post by think positive »

Cheers ta. Xx
luvdids

Post by luvdids »

Finally watched Grand Budapest Hotel last night, that I recorded in March!
Really enjoyed it, nothing like I expected, quite odd but amusing/enjoyable at the same time.
Dangles

Post by Dangles »

Kumiko The Treasure Hunter. Had its moments but all in all fairly forgettable.
Wokko

Post by Wokko »

The Visitor (1979). I thoroughly enjoyed this completely mental movie. More a David special than my usual fare though.

"John Huston stars as an intergalactic warrior who joins a cosmic Christ figure in battle against a demonic 8-year-old girl, and her pet hawk, while the fate of the universe hangs in the balance. Multi-dimensional warfare, pre-adolescent profanity and brutal avian attacks combine to transport the viewer to a state unlike anything they've experienced... somewhere between Hell and the darkest reaches of outer space. "
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 47 times

Post by David »

Ha. Not sure that's quite a 'David special', but certainly sounds pretty wacky and entertaining. :)
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

I'm glad you got a laugh out of it.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 130 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Antman. Very (genuinely) funny.

Even funnier was overhearing a couple of women behind us expressing concern about the unexplained motive of the "baddy".

I mean, really, there's a guy who can get bigger and smaller at the drop of a hat, get ants to do his bidding and fly into battle on an ant called "Antony" and we're concerned about character development?
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

I should also mention that that our "local" cinema is Melbourne Central and they seem to be screening at least some of the Melbourne International Film Festival - we almost turned right at the top of the escalator but realised our error just before we were ushered into a screening of a soviet-era dramatization of Man's Struggle to Increase the Tractor Drive-shaft Production Quota.

Memo to self: don't make "Ant-idote" jokes.
think positive

Post by think positive »

Pies4shaw wrote:I should also mention that that our "local" cinema is Melbourne Central and they seem to be screening at least some of the Melbourne International Film Festival - we almost turned right at the top of the escalator but realised our error just before we were ushered into a screening of a soviet-era dramatization of Man's Struggle to Increase the Tractor Drive-shaft Production Quota.

The ant things a kid movie yeah?

My hubby would probably watch that soviet thing, snore fest for me!
Last edited by think positive on Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David

Post by David »

Pies4shaw wrote:I should also mention that that our "local" cinema is Melbourne Central and they seem to be screening at least some of the Melbourne International Film Festival - we almost turned right at the top of the escalator but realised our error just before we were ushered into a screening of a soviet-era dramatization of Man's Struggle to Increase the Tractor Drive-shaft Production Quota.

Are they still making films over there in the Soviet Union? ;)
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

There may have been some limited artistic licence applied to certain aspects of my previous post.
David

Post by David »

Lol. In all seriousness, you should check out the music doco section in the program, if you haven't already. Usually a few things of interest there.
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

Oops. Too much data.