Two more players from two other Clubs to be reported??

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Pies2016 wrote:ita been a rough 24 hours, only an essendon scalp would make me feel any better.

well mate, that aint gonna happen, pretty boy Hird will be all smiles tonight, he has a full list to choose from, decision makes him look better too, only we have been hung out to dry. One glimmer of hope is that these other two guys are from big known clubs, wipe the smiles off their fans faces then, see how they cope. :roll: :o
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Member 7167

Post by Member 7167 »

Unlike some I hope it is a false rumour. I want our sport to be as drug free as possible and it gives mu no joy in seeing young men make silly choices that end their careers. When I watch a game I want to see the best of the best as much as possible.
Now Retired - Every Day Is A Saturday
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

Kristin5 wrote:
WhyPhilWhy? wrote:"Please sir, I'm not guilty of deliberately taking performing enhancing drugs because my coke batch was contaminated... Uh, wait a minute..."
Well, the AFL does seem to be more tolerant of & lenient towards illicit drugs! I think admitting it is the best chance they've got of getting a lighter punishment (eg 2 years instead of 4). Won't save their careers at Collingwood though.
Lol, sorry your honour, my coke was cut with this shit lol.

Even if it's true, to damn bad, if you want to ingest stuff drug dealers sell don't cry victim when it turns bad IMO.
Defender...........

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Kristin5

Post by Kristin5 »

Don't get me wrong, I don't condone drugs of any kind. I see this not as an excuse, but perhaps an explanation for the positive test to PED (and their apparent shock at the positive test). And I think they should cop their right whack.
"I'm sure people see me as a screaming redhead with a big pair of boobs, but I like to think I've got things to say." Geri Halliwell, former member of the Spice Girls.
roar
Been liked: 3 times

Post by roar »

I also don't think it will get them out of trouble but to me, there is a big difference between deliberately taking a PED and accidentally consuming it while having a line or two of coke.
kill for collingwood!
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

roar wrote:I also don't think it will get them out of trouble but to me, there is a big difference between deliberately taking a PED and accidentally consuming it while having a line or two of coke.
True, but that's part of the risk in taking illicit drugs, you don't know what's in it, if you decide to go down that path then you reap what you sow.
Defender...........

You like this.
thebaldfacts

Post by thebaldfacts »

Kristin5 wrote:Don't get me wrong, I don't condone drugs of any kind. I see this not as an excuse, but perhaps an explanation for the positive test to PED (and their apparent shock at the positive test). And I think they should cop their right whack.

No sympathy for them both if this is the case.

2 -4 year ban, so will be sacked and will free room in our cap to make a play for a free agent.

Both players were border line, so not a disaster from a playing point of view.

Gone past grief and now looking at the positives.
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

And hopfully a lesson learned for anyone else thinking/going down the same path.

This is the darkest day in our clubs history.
Defender...........

You like this.
mavs5

Post by mavs5 »

Wonder if it has anything to do with Carmichael Hunt??? Just asking.
swoop42

Re: Two more players from two other Clubs to be reported??

Post by swoop42 »

He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

3aw has just said the rumours are all crap.
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

MJ23 wrote:3aw has just said the rumours are all crap.
What rumours?
Defender...........

You like this.
HAL

Post by HAL »

Thanks for the info.
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 89 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

For arguments sake say they became infected thru a bad batch of cocaine.
So the players go and admit they used cocaine then doesn't the 3 strike policy come into effect if you self report or are caught with testing the first 2 times you aren't suspended or named and are still allowed to play.
So if they do admit to using cocaine which set of AFL rules apply ?
I'll bet penny to a pound Keefe and Thomas will get the full whack and the 2 unknown players will still be that unknown and free to play until strike 3 happens.
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

qldmagpie67 wrote:For arguments sake say they became infected thru a bad batch of cocaine.
So the players go and admit they used cocaine then doesn't the 3 strike policy come into effect if you self report or are caught with testing the first 2 times you aren't suspended or named and are still allowed to play.
So if they do admit to using cocaine which set of AFL rules apply ?
I'll bet penny to a pound Keefe and Thomas will get the full whack and the 2 unknown players will still be that unknown and free to play until strike 3 happens.
I'd suggest the PED's take precedence. They probably cop a strike as well but that bit stays private. After the fallout for Keefe and Thomas I doubt they'll agree to be named just yet.
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930