What's the last movie you watched?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

think positive
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by think positive »

swoop42 wrote:
think positive wrote:Haha, think I'll give it a miss

Watch the lovely bones, really good, the lead young girl is mesmerising
She is my avatar.

Saoirse Ronan is her name.
Oh wow, it is too, the eyes are amazing, like her hair curly like in the movie though
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Jezza
Has liked: 192 times
Been liked: 268 times

Post by Jezza »

Christmas Vacation and European Vacation last night. Great movies especially on Christmas night.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
mandy

Post by mandy »

The Interview.

Although I abhor censorship is most forms, I think maybe the North Koreans should have won this one.

Just terrible....
#TEAMBUCKS
#TEAMEDDIE
#TEAMCOLLINGWOOD
#SIDEBYSIDE
swoop42
Been liked: 6 times

Post by swoop42 »

mandy wrote:The Interview.

Although I abhor censorship is most forms, I think maybe the North Koreans should have won this one.

Just terrible....
Makes you wonder if Sony knew it was an absolute turkey and created the whole controversy around it.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
think positive

Post by think positive »

Jezza wrote:Christmas Vacation and European Vacation last night. Great movies especially on Christmas night.
Watch them every Christmas, always good xxx

But did you download them :P
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Jezza wrote:Christmas Vacation and European Vacation last night. Great movies especially on Christmas night.
Always laugh.

Looks kids, Big Ben, Parliament.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
mandy

Post by mandy »

swoop42 wrote:Makes you wonder if Sony knew it was an absolute turkey and created the whole controversy around it.
It has crossed my mind.
#TEAMBUCKS
#TEAMEDDIE
#TEAMCOLLINGWOOD
#SIDEBYSIDE
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

Dumb and Dumber To. Juvenile comedy mayhem, as expected and appreciated :) But I enjoy comedy no matter how unsophisticated!

Hunger Games Whatever. If I fell asleep because it's as slow as a wet week, what will its ADHD-ridden, energy-drink infused, target market think?
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
think positive

Post by think positive »

I don't believe in ADHD, and I don't like energy drinks, but I love the franchise. If you haven't watched them in order, the third would not make much sense. Those of us that have, are hanging out for the fourth and final, especially if you've read the books. Yes I have. They are brilliant.

What makes comedy sophisticated? That you need to think about it too laugh? It's a laugh, who cares what kind it is. Didn't really like the first, I won't go with the second.

Post by 1061 »

Predestination: I clicked on it when I was searching the foxtel on demand movies and thought I am not wasting the $5.00 so I started watching it. Weird, spooky, freaky is the only way to describe it but when the penny dropped it all made sense and it was an OMG moment.
It's an Aussie movie with Yank accents, I hate that.

http://www.sbs.com.au/movies/movie/predestination-0
Jezza
Has liked: 192 times
Been liked: 268 times

Post by Jezza »

think positive wrote:
Watch them every Christmas, always good xxx

But did you download them :P
Same here I watch it annually.

No I watched it on TV which I suppose is the old-fashioned way of watching movies these days :P
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 47 times

Post by David »

1061 wrote:Predestination: I clicked on it when I was searching the foxtel on demand movies and thought I am not wasting the $5.00 so I started watching it. Weird, spooky, freaky is the only way to describe it but when the penny dropped it all made sense and it was an OMG moment.
It's an Aussie movie with Yank accents, I hate that.

http://www.sbs.com.au/movies/movie/predestination-0
I tend to take a cautious approach with Australian films, but that one actually looks interesting. Will keep an eye out for it.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

think positive wrote:What makes comedy sophisticated?
Irony that surprises the brain in new ways, if you would like a technical definition off the top of my head ;)

But, as I say, I enjoy most comedies; I'm much less highbrow when it comes to movies than you might think. (Just to clarify: I am probably a reading snob, food snob, tea and coffee snob, beer snob and design snob, but not a fashion, wine, art, music or movie snob, as much as a like a great wine. As you may have noticed, beer is my thing at the moment. I had a Foster's the other day because a Pommy mate drinks it, and it was the most unsatisfying, over-carbonated, imbalanced nothingness of all time! :x ).
think positive wrote:I don't believe in ADHD, and I don't like energy drinks, but I love the franchise. If you haven't watched them in order, the third would not make much sense. Those of us that have, are hanging out for the fourth and final, especially if you've read the books. Yes I have. They are brilliant.
I was only stirring on the ADHD/energy drinks!

I have watched them in order, under threat of death from my beloved! Whilst not my cup of tea, surely even fans like yourself have to admit the previous installment was a much better movie.

This is an unfair comparison because it's one of the greatest movies of its genre, but take The Empire Strikes Back. It too was a plot filler, but it was also the most interesting of the original three by a margin. Plot fillers don't have to look and feel like plot fillers!
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
think positive

Post by think positive »

Fair point but if you've read the last book, you'd understand why this third is necessary!

Cheers
Wokko

Post by Wokko »

I loved the Hunger Games up until the last book, I wont go into too much detail because I don't want to rain on your parade but I'm really reluctant to see the movie conclusions due to my hatred of what she did in that last novel.