#17,#11 Dayne Beams

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

September Zeros

Post by September Zeros »

Just beat me too it inky
No Pressure, No Diamonds

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

Post by Museman »

The Prototype wrote:
Museman wrote:You're quoting a facebook page??
And they're quoting 3AW.
Reporter?
Pi

Post by Pi »

since there is not likely to be a deal from the Bears, what about Dion Prestia and a first round pick from the Suns?
Pi = Infinite = Collingwood = Always
Floreat Pica
Museman

Post by Museman »

Pi wrote:since there is not likely to be a deal from the Bears, what about Dion Prestia and a first round pick from the Suns?
Don't see it happening.

Poor old Beamer...no one rates him....seems every other teams young blokes turn into superstars to be when his name is brought up.

FFS the Bears have somewhere near 10 of them by last count...they're a dynasty waiting to happen :lol:
The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

Museman wrote:Reporter?
I do not know, sorry, just know that it was from 3AW.
Museman

Post by Museman »

The Prototype wrote:
Museman wrote:Reporter?
I do not know, sorry, just know that it was from 3AW.
Cannot find it in print anywhere, no one has put a name to it.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 207 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Beams to GWS for Cameron, straight swap ??
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

Museman wrote:Cannot find it in print anywhere, no one has put a name to it.
'Tis why I am not inclined to believe it, also here's a link to the Facebook discussion about it. https://www.facebook.com/AFLSeasonAndOf ... 4730357428
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Fighting against the objectification of woman.
Member 7167

Post by Member 7167 »

September Zeros wrote:
uncanny wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:"North Melbourne have rejected Collingwood's second round pick, currently 30 for midfielder Levi Greenwood. The Roos are understood to be interested in getting involved in a three-way trade with the Lions which would see pick 5 and Greenwood to Collingwood, pick 25 to North and Dayne Beams to Brisbane."

I would take it although GWS make have a better offer on the table. Greenwood would be a good pickup for pick 25 and with a bit of luck we could ????? pick up a solid player with pick 5.
I agree member 7167
This would be a good outcome for the pies
Sorry to see a future captain go but if it must be then let this deal happen
I say
Via that deal, Brisbane get beams for pick 5 and 25.

Three words

No frickin way.

Plus was already knocked back
Ok, So look at it this way. We loose Beams and get pick 5 and Levi Greenwood who by all accounts is a serviceable and mature player. The thing about 25 it is an unknown quantity. Greenwood can play and he wants to plays for us.
Now Retired - Every Day Is A Saturday
Didaksgoal

Post by Didaksgoal »

Pi wrote:since there is not likely to be a deal from the Bears, what about Dion Prestia and a first round pick from the Suns?
SOLD!

In a heartbeat. Very good player, Prestia.

What makes Beamer the cream of the crop, is that he is a goal-kicking Midfielder, and he kicks them regularly. No one in the comp has this type of player. Ablett can kick a few, as does Pendles, but not like Beamer. Sidey kicks goals, but isn't a pure mid.......yet. Maybe Fyfe comes close to Beamer, but probably more closer to Ablett for kicking goals.

From here, it's pick 5 and Aish, or 5 and Redden. Beamer is treasure.

Go the Pies
Dave The Man
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 9 times

Post by Dave The Man »

I am Da Man
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 92 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

Howdy all I'll give you all the tip the reason he nominated Brisbane is his dads treatment is in Brisbane on a ongoing basis (he is still undertaking treatment) which gives Dayne the chance of being close to his father and allowing his dad to stay over if required and it's only a 45 minute drive either way from Brisbane to Gold Coast now with the motorway.
All this talk of it being about money isn't actually factual as he would be handsomely rewarded with his next contract at the pies considering since he signed his last deal was done prior to him being a AA, Copeland winner and his output has increased markedly since the beginning of 2012.
I don't blame the club for rejecting the lions offer we all agree it is not fair and reasonable.
Many have pointed out that he is under contract and the club didn't put him up for trade Dayne requested it.
I said before I am like many others and am very upset by the way this has been played out and I'm squarely laying the blame at the feet of his management group as anyone with a ounce of scruples would have told there client to attend his current clubs awards night not advise him differently which has been reported.
I said before if Dayne stayed for 2015 I wouldn't expect anything less than the effort he has given weekly sin he arrived at the club.
He wouldn't play dead nor would he sit out a year as that would send a very bad message to any perspective club.
I hope he stays and the club then has 12 months to change his mind and find a way if giving him the chance to see his father more without impacting on his club commitments.
Correct me if I'm wrong but at the end of 2015 if he decides to leave he has to go into the national draft and could be picked up by any club ?
If he stayed for 2016 then he becomes a RFA and we have the right to match any offer ?
I hope this can be sorted out so the club doesn't loss out and Dayne can have some of his personal issues appeased.
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

Member 7167 wrote:
September Zeros wrote:
uncanny wrote: I agree member 7167
This would be a good outcome for the pies
Sorry to see a future captain go but if it must be then let this deal happen
I say
Via that deal, Brisbane get beams for pick 5 and 25.

Three words

No frickin way.

Plus was already knocked back
Ok, So look at it this way. We loose Beams and get pick 5 and Levi Greenwood who by all accounts is a serviceable and mature player. The thing about 25 it is an unknown quantity. Greenwood can play and he wants to plays for us.
It's a bad deal. We can't give Brisbane such a steal. This was on the table already. We knew we could get Greenwood for pick 25. We've rejected the deal and there is no way we should go back on that.

We take that deal and we'd be so chumpy you could carve us. Beams is our second best player. He's under contract. We can't be giving him away for such a weak offer.
Well done boys!
swoop42
Been liked: 5 times

Post by swoop42 »

All they had to do was choose Beams over Christensen and give us 3 picks and not 2 and the deal may well have gone through.

Plenty would have not been happy with that but I would have reluctantly accepted it.

Picks 5, 21 and Greenwood sounds a lot more acceptable than 5 and Greenwood.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!