#17,#11 Dayne Beams

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

Az

Post by Az »

What a knob head Schwab is for suggesting they worked hard to get a trade done. BULL***. Low balling us with the same deal for a week is apparently working hard.
Museman

Post by Museman »

Well played pies, now take guard again.
Jezza
Has liked: 192 times
Been liked: 268 times

Post by Jezza »

AN_Inkling wrote:
Jezza wrote:Not sure this is a good move for the club in the long-term especially if Dayne decides to quit the club via free agency next year. Happy to see that we didn't cave into Brisbane's unreasonable offer though and that we stood our ground in that regard. Pick 5 + Aish or Redden would have been sufficient in my opinion and the club would have accepted that openly!

By the way for any opposition supporters bagging us out about not letting him go what do you expect us to do. His father is in remission (I have sympathy for his recent cancer battle) but he didn't have the respect to attend the Copeland Trophy last week where he would have been respected despite the current circumstances he and the club faces.

However for the time being I'm glad that it's a possibility that he'll play in 2015 but I fear what happens beyond that.
He's not a free agent next year.

And this isn't over. The club statement clearly says they will now be accepting offers from other clubs. Time to shut the door on Brisbane and let others in. Best offer wins. If there are no good offers, or if Dayne won't agree to terms, then he stays.
Yes I just realised the error of my ways that he isn't a free agent next year so thanks for correcting me in that aspect but nevertheless he could leave for nothing at the end of next year if we don't re-sign him and we can't get a trade done either this year or next year.

Beams has made it quite clear that Brisbane was the preferred club of his choice so he wouldn't be happy with this outcome. Maybe GWS will come calling especially since one of his best mates in Heath Shaw is playing for them now.

The biggest bonus would be for him to change his mind and re-sign him from now until the end of the next year and we can accommodate his needs involving his father. I must admit his absence last week at the Copeland Trophy left me disappointed and I just wonder whether his motivations to wanting to leave go beyond that just of his father's recent health issues.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Museman

Post by Museman »

Az wrote:What a knob head Schwab is for suggesting they worked hard to get a trade done. BULL***. Low balling us with the same deal for a week is apparently working hard.
Listen to the man speak, everything is hard work :)

PS, actually like him, just not while he's at that toilet of a club.
4everpies

Post by 4everpies »

mackasmatt wrote:Get the feeling that neither are going to budge. We technically need him next year and haven't had enough time to prepare for the alternative. Brisbane are under the impression that they can also wait 12 months and offer a contract for 2016 and beyond that we can't afford to match (to retain as a RFA).

In the end we will get a compo pick probably no better than solely pick 5 this year.

It takes me back to Peter Bell in 2008 deciding to live in Geraldton (400km from Perth), only lasted 13 games before retiring. In Beams case his family are 1800km away. All we can likely offer him is to stay for half a week either side of 2 games in QLD, plus extra time at the bye / split round.

6 good seasons and a bargain at pick 29, thanks for the memories. Time to take 2 draft picks under pick 30 and move along.
Beams is not a RFA at the end of 2015. 2015 is only his 7th year, he will be a RFA at the end of 2016.
Member 7167

Post by Member 7167 »

If money was one of the main reasons, , would it be reasonable that Collingwood could replace his current contract with a newer longer term contract offering payment equal to or slightly greater than the Lions offered. If he plays for us next year we want him motivated anf playing to his potential.
Now Retired - Every Day Is A Saturday
The Boy Who Cried Wolf

Post by The Boy Who Cried Wolf »

Member 7167 wrote:If money was one of the main reasons, , would it be reasonable that Collingwood could replace his current contract with a newer longer term contract offering payment equal to or slightly greater than the Lions offered. If he plays for us next year we want him motivated anf playing to his potential.
It's not about $$$, and he won't be signing anymore contracts with us - you can bank that in.
All Aboard!! Choo Choo!!!
piester

Post by piester »

After Leppitsch's crappy tweet I am even happier we held the line on this one. They can't expect to get a player of Beam's calibre with untried draft picks alone. A quality player had to be part of the deal.
Is there any place you would rather be, than with me at the MCG?
thebaldfacts

Post by thebaldfacts »

Collingwood 4 eternity wrote:
MJ23 wrote:Need a statement from the club now saying we've moved on.
Need to ask the manager what other club is he interested in or get ready for pre season with the pies.
thebaldfacts wrote:Love for the Pies to come out with a strongly worded statement of their own about not trading Beams to the Lions.
Collingwood official statement here

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/20 ... gotiations
Thanks for the link guys.

Great statement from the Pies, firm and leaves the door open for another trade or a reconciliation.
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

We've played it perfectly so far.
Well done boys!
Deja Vu

Post by Deja Vu »

If 5 and 25 is such a good deal, why did they offer it? They carry on like 5 and 25 are deadset certs for AA selection in their first year, yet they were steadfast that Aish was going nowhere. Wasn't he pick 7 last year?

Close the door.

Try again next year with your first round pick Leppa - we'll take Pick 2 off you then. Flog.
Az

Post by Az »

GWS have reportedly made contact with us shortly after the deadline with a deal. Not sure what it is but if Griffin deal is anything to go by, it's a hell of a lot better than the Brions were trying to spin. I should also mention I saw this on one of the facebook pages
thompsoc

Post by thompsoc »

So what clubs can offer us a good deal?
The Dees for pick 2 and 3 would be great.
What can GWS offer us?
I don't want to end up like the saints when
they rejected an offer for Ball and got nothing.
we don't eat our own at collingwood we just allow them to foul our nest.
Az

Post by Az »

If it's legit that he wants to be closer to home, that leaves out Victorian clubs. That leaves GWS and GCS. Finally realising as to why the Jaksh deal might not go through. If we do ask for Cameron, then they're going to want to hang onto Jaksh.
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

CarringbushCigar wrote:It would take Miracle Max to fix this.
He's only mostly not traded.