#17,#11 Dayne Beams

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

The Boy Who Cried Wolf

Welcome to Collingwood Dayne Beams

Post by The Boy Who Cried Wolf »

It's 5pm, and no deal done - so it's welcome aboard for 2015 Dayne!!
All Aboard!! Choo Choo!!!
The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

The Lions could still come calling, or another club. But I doubt it's going to make much of a difference he seems hell bent on the Lions. But the Lions want to stand tough.
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

sigh. you do know when trade week finishes don't you?
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

Need a statement from the club now saying we've moved on.
Need to ask the manager what other club is he interested in or get ready for pre season with the pies.
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
thebaldfacts

Post by thebaldfacts »

Love for the Pies to come out with a strongly worded statement of their own about not trading Beams to the Lions.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf

Post by The Boy Who Cried Wolf »

Bigger sigh. Have a wild guess...
All Aboard!! Choo Choo!!!
Collingwood 4 eternity

Post by Collingwood 4 eternity »

MJ23 wrote:Need a statement from the club now saying we've moved on.
Need to ask the manager what other club is he interested in or get ready for pre season with the pies.
thebaldfacts wrote:Love for the Pies to come out with a strongly worded statement of their own about not trading Beams to the Lions.
Collingwood official statement here

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/20 ... gotiations
Last edited by Collingwood 4 eternity on Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1990 Grand Final :
"From the back pocket, this will be probably the last kick, he need not even kick it, the drought is over. 32 years they've waited, let the celebrations begin" Sandy Roberts
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

thebaldfacts wrote:Love for the Pies to come out with a strongly worded statement of their own about not trading Beams to the Lions.
statement has been released. it's open to all and sundry now.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
Harvey

Post by Harvey »

People should see no trade as good news. At the start of the trade period, before Beams announced he wants to be traded to Brisbane, there would be no way we would have considered trading Dayne. Then even after he announced he wants to be traded to Brisbane for family reasons, most of us wanted the club to try convince him to stay and find a way to accomodate him.

Since then, the only thing that's happened is he didn't attend the BnF. But otherwise for him, it's business as usual, hanging out with Pies teammates, travelling overseas with them. He doesn't hate the pies.

Best case scenario for us is to retain him and that's the clubs position as well. The more that we learn, the more that it's clear that this whole trade thing was just a sneaky attempt by Beams and his management to get him an extra half a million for next year. I'd be quite confident that once his contract expires next year, if our new contract offer to him is not too dissimilar to Brisbane's that we will retain him beyond 2015.
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

Collingwood 4 eternity wrote:

Happy with that.

Now we either get a great deal from another club or we keep Dayne.
Wouldn't have been happy with 5 and 25.
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
jdpie1970

Post by jdpie1970 »

As a total aside i have a momentary man crush on the Big OX. So good to hear someone five the Pies some kudos. I was wallowing in disbelief at the sheer stupidity of anyone thinking a top 10 midfielder and probably top 20 player in the league being worth 1st and 2nd rounder. Somewhere in another board there was a list created of the 2nd best from every other team and a question put "would any of the other teams accept 5 and 25 for them" ? Unequivocally the answer would be NO.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 98 times

Post by RudeBoy »

MJ23 wrote:
Collingwood 4 eternity wrote:

Happy with that.

Now we either get a great deal from another club or we keep Dayne.
Wouldn't have been happy with 5 and 25.
I would have been happy with picks 5 and 25, but I'm also happy the club knocked back that offer. Guess that just means I'm a happy chappy. :)
Jezza
Has liked: 192 times
Been liked: 268 times

Post by Jezza »

Not sure this is a good move for the club in the long-term especially if Dayne decides to quit the club via free agency next year. Happy to see that we didn't cave into Brisbane's unreasonable offer though and that we stood our ground in that regard. Pick 5 + Aish or Redden would have been sufficient in my opinion and the club would have accepted that openly!

By the way for any opposition supporters bagging us out about not letting him go what do you expect us to do. His father is in remission (I have sympathy for his recent cancer battle) but he didn't have the respect to attend the Copeland Trophy last week where he would have been respected despite the current circumstances he and the club faces.

However for the time being I'm glad that it's a possibility that he'll play in 2015 but I fear what happens beyond that.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
CarringbushCigar
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 7 times

Post by CarringbushCigar »

Awesome awesome statement Pies!

I think the bridge has been burned beyond repair.
It would take Miracle Max to fix this.

You can have 5-1 he plays another game for us.

We just moved a big step closer to Treloar.
Thank you Brisbane.
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

Jezza wrote:Not sure this is a good move for the club in the long-term especially if Dayne decides to quit the club via free agency next year. Happy to see that we didn't cave into Brisbane's unreasonable offer though and that we stood our ground in that regard. Pick 5 + Aish or Redden would have been sufficient in my opinion and the club would have accepted that openly!

By the way for any opposition supporters bagging us out about not letting him go what do you expect us to do. His father is in remission (I have sympathy for his recent cancer battle) but he didn't have the respect to attend the Copeland Trophy last week where he would have been respected despite the current circumstances he and the club faces.

However for the time being I'm glad that it's a possibility that he'll play in 2015 but I fear what happens beyond that.
He's not a free agent next year.

And this isn't over. The club statement clearly says they will now be accepting offers from other clubs. Time to shut the door on Brisbane and let others in. Best offer wins. If there are no good offers, or if Dayne won't agree to terms, then he stays.
Well done boys!