Been liked: 7 times

Post by CarringbushCigar »

no doubt everyone appreciates u sharing all u can with us

its been awesome
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Big T »

Once someone decides to leave a job, they are mentally gone and will not mentally return. It's ridiculous to think otherwise.
Buon Giorno
think positive
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by think positive »

yah, not sure we can invest in the convince him to stay stuff, lot of effort for one player, who quite frankly should be more than a little grateful for the support the club has given him in the past.

lets just get a good deal for him, no matter what.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
35forever

Post by 35forever »

"If at first you dont succeed...
... oh who cares, we did it!!!!!"

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Harvey

Post by Harvey »

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Hi all I have been quiet as I felt I had added all I could to the topic.
As JW said parts of my personal conversations with his father will reman exactly that.
I am however like many others more than a little peeved how this is all being played out.
Yes it's a heck of a lot of money but I would imagine if he had stayed with the pies he would have been handsomely rewarded as well being our second best player.
Honestly I don't know now what the exact % is for gong home to be closer to his dad and play with his brother and what % is the money on offer and any possible bad feeling towards the club/coach.
A left wing thought keep him don't trade decline any deal at all.
Spend the next 12 months convincing him why he should stay at the pies and putting to bed any (if there is any) I'll feeling toward the club or it's employees.
If you can't convince him to stay then go to th trade table next year and get the best deal you can for him from whoever it may be.
I know this goes against my earlier posts but currently I think his management are providing him with some extremely poor advice and why should they profit when we don't.
Thanks qldmagpie67. A potential theory that he (or his management) has requested the trade and is so desperate to get to Brisbane this year is the discrepancy between his current contract and his next contract with his payrise. Assuming he's on ~$400k right now with us for next season, by getting traded to Brisbane this year, he suddenly gets a $400k payrise next year. Even if he knows that we are likely to increase his next contract to closely match that of Brisbane's, he's still almost half a million better off getting traded to Brisbane and breaking his contract early.
That's a pretty big difference and would be a pretty big difference to his manager too!

I actually think if we end up keeping him this year, next year when we offer a new contract to Beams with a payrise that isn't too far off Brisbane's offer, Brisbane may not seem as appealing a destination and we're much more likely to keep him long term. If we stand firm again next year on not accepting unders for Beams, I'm not sure he would be that willing to walk into the draft to try to get to Brisbane for ~$50-100k extra a season when there's a real risk he could end up in a basketcase club like Melbourne or other bottom-dwellers.
Domesticated_Ape

Post by Domesticated_Ape »

35forever wrote:What IS Collingwood if it's not the players and the fans who love them!?
Who are the players and fans, if not servants to Collingwood?

Isn't that the question a supportive individual should as in regards to a club much larger, older and more powerful than they are?

Love never won any premierships I'm afraid. :cry:
Museman

Post by Museman »

Big T wrote:Once someone decides to leave a job, they are mentally gone and will not mentally return. It's ridiculous to think otherwise.
There have already been several cases in the actual AFL that rip your little theory to shreds there bud, ROK being the first that comes to mind.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 207 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

qldmagpie67 wrote:
John Wren wrote:
surfer1 wrote: Yea suppose that's right just feeling I would love to know the whole truth and nothing but the truth ...but I won't i guess
we all would. i guess we have to respect some semblance of confidentiality on the part of qm67.
As JW said parts of my personal conversations with his father will reman exactly that.
I am however like many others more than a little peeved how this is all being played out.
Yes it's a heck of a lot of money but I would imagine if he had stayed with the pies he would have been handsomely rewarded as well being our second best player.
Honestly I don't know now what the exact % is for gong home to be closer to his dad and play with his brother and what % is the money on offer and any possible bad feeling towards the club/coach.
Spend the next 12 months convincing him why he should stay at the pies and putting to bed any (if there is any) I'll feeling toward the club or it's employees.
If you can't convince him to stay then go to th trade table next year and get the best deal you can for him from whoever it may be.
I know this goes against my earlier posts but currently I think his management are providing him with some extremely poor advice and why should they profit when we don't.
I think this is a legitimate option that Bris think we are only bluffing on.
Swans have a Normsmith medalist who wanted out but ended up staying so it can work.
I think since the initial announcement, many behaviors and comments have been seen and made that suggests it is not simply a family decision.
The pressure is on the club to "do the right thing" but where is the pressure on Bris who have clearly been in hi ear to move, made an offer and wont "do the right thing" to give up a player that ends up in a win-win.

Simply, they want a win loose outcome and we shouldn't cop that.
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

think positive wrote:Hmmm so now beams is on holidays in the USA with Heater and sidey!

Wonder if dear ol dad got a Skype yet!
Geez, I hope they keep away from Sidey's ear........................ :roll: :?
jdpie1970

Post by jdpie1970 »

Lazza wrote:
think positive wrote:Hmmm so now beams is on holidays in the USA with Heater and sidey!

Sidey isn't going anywhere Lazz. More than happy where he is. The only place he will go is back to Shep when his playing days are over. I have that from the horses mouth.
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

qldmagpie67 wrote:
John Wren wrote:
surfer1 wrote: Yea suppose that's right just feeling I would love to know the whole truth and nothing but the truth ...but I won't i guess
we all would. i guess we have to respect some semblance of confidentiality on the part of qm67.
Gee, great thinking but I have this gut feeling that Beams has made up his mind, the only unknown is the %'s for needing to be with a sick dad, play with his brother at the Brions and his dislike at something currently at the club. I reckon the %'s increase with each one I mentioned.

I can see both sides of the trade argument very clearly butat the end of the day, pick 5 and the extremely underated Levi Greenwood (according to some of the North fans I know, this guy is far better than Collingwood fans give him credit for) might be best value instead of hanging on to a bad lingering smell all year..... :roll:
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

jdpie1970 wrote:
Lazza wrote:

Sidey isn't going anywhere Lazz. More than happy where he is. The only place he will go is back to Shep when his playing days are over. I have that from the horses mouth.
jdpie1970, that is brilliant news. Made my day. :lol:

Hard not to get very nervous at such times.... :(
jdpie1970

Post by jdpie1970 »

Lazza wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
John Wren wrote: we all would. i guess we have to respect some semblance of confidentiality on the part of qm67.

Gee, great thinking but I have this gut feeling that Beams has made up his mind, the only unknown is the %'s for needing to be with a sick dad, play with his brother at the Brions and his dislike at something currently at the club. I reckon the %'s increase with each one I mentioned.

I can see both sides of the trade argument very clearly butat the end of the day, pick 5 and the extremely underated Levi Greenwood (according to some of the North fans I know, this guy is far better than Collingwood fans give him credit for) might be best value instead of hanging on to a bad lingering smell all year..... :roll:

Just keep remembering Ryan O'Keefe 2008. Adamant he needed to get back to Melbourne for family reasons. Sydney ok'd this but were only going to let it happen for Hawks 1st round pick +. Sydney stuck to their guns.. ROK stayed at Sydney, retires at Sydney and just happened to be the Norm Smith Medallist in 2012. Players play the game, managers try to extract $$.
pav

Post by pav »

Beams behaviour confirms the lack of depth to his character - Bucks is making men as well as footballers from our boys. Let's hope all the troublemakers are now gone and we can look forward to success.