#17,#11 Dayne Beams

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

jackcass

Post by jackcass »

RudeBoy wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:I would have to say the initially the club was making all the right noises in saying that they would trade Beams to Brisbane providing we received reasonable compensation in the trade. Initially I was fully convinced that most of the motivation in him wanting to move was based around his fathers health. When considering his non attendance at the Copeland Night, the fact that he was at a pub with mates and not in Queensland with his father and talk of wanting to play with his brother my opinions have changed.

I suspect that the dollars on offer by Brisbane are a motivating major factor. Some time ago a rumour emerged that Brisbane were after Beams. It would seem now that this was well founded.

This must firstly call into question his character in wanting to leave any club whilst under contract. The fact that he did not attend the Copeland was also very poor form. I would also like to know how Beams or his management were approached by Brisbane as I was of the understanding it was outside of the AFL rules for a contacted player to be approached in this manner?

Could someone please clarify?
I thought there were rules against approaching contracted players as well. someone on Nicks will know the rules.
Pretty sure that doesn't preclude clubs talking to a manager... off the record... so to speak... :wink:
think positive
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by think positive »

Hmmm so now beams is on holidays in the USA with Heater and sidey!

Wonder if dear ol dad got a Skype yet!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Member 7167

Post by Member 7167 »

jackcass wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:I would have to say the initially the club was making all the right noises in saying that they would trade Beams to Brisbane providing we received reasonable compensation in the trade. Initially I was fully convinced that most of the motivation in him wanting to move was based around his fathers health. When considering his non attendance at the Copeland Night, the fact that he was at a pub with mates and not in Queensland with his father and talk of wanting to play with his brother my opinions have changed.

I suspect that the dollars on offer by Brisbane are a motivating major factor. Some time ago a rumour emerged that Brisbane were after Beams. It would seem now that this was well founded.

This must firstly call into question his character in wanting to leave any club whilst under contract. The fact that he did not attend the Copeland was also very poor form. I would also like to know how Beams or his management were approached by Brisbane as I was of the understanding it was outside of the AFL rules for a contacted player to be approached in this manner?

Could someone please clarify?
I thought there were rules against approaching contracted players as well. someone on Nicks will know the rules.
Pretty sure that doesn't preclude clubs talking to a manager... off the record... so to speak... :wink:
If that is the case we should target some of Brisbane player's managers, What is good for one is good for the other. I am sure there are a few Victorian boys who would like to come back home.
Now Retired - Every Day Is A Saturday
King Monkey
Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

Post by King Monkey »

^12 months too late unfortunately....... :wink:
"I am a great sage, equal of heaven.
Grow stick, grow.
Fly cloud, fly.
Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
Member 7167

Post by Member 7167 »

King Monkey wrote:^12 months too late unfortunately....... :wink:
Revenge is a dish best served cold
Now Retired - Every Day Is A Saturday
King Monkey
Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

Post by King Monkey »

^I meant that all the mummy's boys came home last year. :D
"I am a great sage, equal of heaven.
Grow stick, grow.
Fly cloud, fly.
Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

patty k says hello and thank you.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
surfer1

Post by surfer1 »

Must say disappointing qldmagpie67 has been so quiet
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

surfer1 wrote:Must say disappointing qldmagpie67 has been so quiet
what more can he say?
Bucks2014

Post by Bucks2014 »

qldmagpie is now like the rest of us, $4.3million pretty hard to knock back. I do wonder now how long Brisbane have known for, the players were coming out in August saying they wanted him to join the Lions. At that time I thought it was a pipe dream.
"Still waiting for your call Caroline ... not a quote in sight. Don't ever presume to speak on Collingwood's behalf,"
surfer1

Post by surfer1 »

John Wren wrote:
what more can he say?
Yea suppose that's right just feeling I would love to know the whole truth and nothing but the truth ...but I won't i guess
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

surfer1 wrote:
John Wren wrote:
what more can he say?
Yea suppose that's right just feeling I would love to know the whole truth and nothing but the truth ...but I won't i guess
we all would. i guess we have to respect some semblance of confidentiality on the part of qm67.
surfer1

Post by surfer1 »

John Wren wrote:
surfer1 wrote:
John Wren wrote: what more can he say?
we all would. i guess we have to respect some semblance of confidentiality on the part of qm67.
Yep
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

surfer1 wrote:
John Wren wrote:
what more can he say?
When was this exactly?
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 95 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

John Wren wrote:
surfer1 wrote:
John Wren wrote: what more can he say?
Hi all I have been quiet as I felt I had added all I could to the topic.
As JW said parts of my personal conversations with his father will reman exactly that.
I am however like many others more than a little peeved how this is all being played out.
Yes it's a heck of a lot of money but I would imagine if he had stayed with the pies he would have been handsomely rewarded as well being our second best player.
Honestly I don't know now what the exact % is for gong home to be closer to his dad and play with his brother and what % is the money on offer and any possible bad feeling towards the club/coach.
A left wing thought keep him don't trade decline any deal at all.
Spend the next 12 months convincing him why he should stay at the pies and putting to bed any (if there is any) I'll feeling toward the club or it's employees.
If you can't convince him to stay then go to th trade table next year and get the best deal you can for him from whoever it may be.
I know this goes against my earlier posts but currently I think his management are providing him with some extremely poor advice and why should they profit when we don't.