#17,#11 Dayne Beams

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

35forever

Post by 35forever »

Unfortunately, as always, when they're wrong they get personal. This is simply how inferior people respond in the face of overwhelming evidence, they know no better. Now they're digging up posts from a decade ago to find something I got wrong, in 2005! Talk about desperate! And this along with Breadcrawl's bunch of pure opinion disguised as fact with a "no returns" clause added! My god, what a bunch of childish hypocrites!

Last week it was all about supporting Beams in his hour of need, now it's vicious invective against him because he didn't attend the Copeland! Who can blame him!? It's become as big a farce as the rest of this administration's incredibly inept activities, and god help you if you don't join in the bashing of this still-contracted Collingwood player!

Yes, ten years ago I pointed out that Buckley should have made a good coach, and I was absolutely right! He should have! It's hardly my fault that he turned out to be totally incompetent. Now we have one of these 12 year olds going through my old posts (where DO you get the time!?) let's dig out the ones from 2011-12 where I urged that the ONLY course open to us was to get behind Buckley 100% That's exactly what I did for two years, but once it was obvious to anyone with open eyes that he simply wasn't good enough I started looking at what would be best to revive our fortunes. The thing that pisses me off the most is the propaganda campaign emanating from Eddie and his pack of bald-faced liars. Buckley this, Buckley that, the place is going to be renamed 'Buckley-wood' soon, and this after their big "no one is bigger than the club" bullshit!
Anyone would think Buckley was the best coach in the game to read the tripe posted here and tweeted by CFC, when it's been proven time after time that he is utterly clueless. I keep asking people to give us illustrations of Buckley's coaching skill, but no one ever does, they just get nasty and vicious.
I don't care one bit, I will be here making sure these bullies are balanced by someone who is prepared to cop their 'ever-more-desparate' personal attacks and speak the truth. I don't get much support, but I do get a lot of PMs from members whose names don't appear here much urging me to continue discussing the facts and pointing out the bullshit even as it threatens to drown us all. The more you try to bully me the more I will write about the nightmares destroying our club. You couldn't THINK of a way to make me more determined!
"If at first you dont succeed...
... oh who cares, we did it!!!!!"

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Piethagoras' Theorem
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

So, I hear Beams is looking to get traded.
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
Mossi
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Mossi »

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:So, I hear Beams is looking to get traded.
:lol: yep Frankie, looks like he wants to go north. A lot of posters here hate the idea, spose we will know something some time in The next few weeks.
think positive
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by think positive »

35forever wrote:
rocketronnie wrote:
swoop42 wrote:It's fair to say that O'Rourke will no longer be on our radar.

Apparently the pies have given Brisbane till 5pm next Friday to come up with a deal that's suitable to us.

No deal by then then no Beams to Brisbane.
And he'll play dead or develop a mysterious injury in 2015, not to mention the effects on morale on having him around if he is disgruntled. He will then walk out the door at the end of his contract, go into the draft and we get nada for him (didnt we all laugh in St Kilda's faces when they did a similar thing regarding Ball?).

A great result that will be lol. Another Collingwood triumph for the spin merchants to desperately try to wall paper over. And of course the self same spin merchants will then go off tap blaming Beams for a situation of Collingwood's hamfisted creation.

By all means get the best deal going for him but playing hard ball in the unrealistic hope of forcing a better deal for the sake of it is just plain stupid.
Excellent post Ronnie, it's scary how quick people will turn on you round here! Did you see the comments on Daisy's photo? Some of these people are rabid! Poor guy posts a photo of a few mates out for a drink and guys called "Taleb" are calling for a Fatwā FFS! Sheesh!
no it's not.

This situation is nothing like the Luke Ball one. The saints had told Ball he would not get much game time. He came to Collingwood to PLAY. Saints got the Karma they deserved. Beams is still improving, we are losing a superstar, and I gotta be honest, I'd rather see him rot on the sidelines now than us get screwed by the lions or anyone else. That picture did it for me, disrespectful, ungrateful, arrogant. Ok, maybe understandable that he was too gutless to show up, but don't rub your team mates noses in it.

Collingwood nurtured him, took a chance on him, and stood up for him. If he has a grievance let's hear it FROM HIM. Does he have no mates on the team? No one he cares enough about not to pull this stunt? Even if it's about Buckley, which I don't believe for a minute, show some damn character.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Nick - Pie Man

Post by Nick - Pie Man »

35forever wrote:Unfortunately, as always, when they're wrong they get personal.
inferior
they know no better
childish hypocrites
totally incompetent
12 year olds .. (where DO you get the time!?)
utterly clueless
bullies

Are you sure you're not an idiot?
Lone Ranger
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Lone Ranger »

Fatui Attata wrote:As far as I know, facts are things that are difficult to argue against.
No, something that can be argued against is an opinion.
A fact is something that can be proved.
1eye

Post by 1eye »

35forever wrote:Unfortunately, as always, when they're wrong they get personal. This is simply how inferior people respond in the face of overwhelming evidence, they know no better. Now they're digging up posts from a decade ago to find something I got wrong, in 2005! Talk about desperate! And this along with Breadcrawl's bunch of pure opinion disguised as fact with a "no returns" clause added! My god, what a bunch of childish hypocrites!

Last week it was all about supporting Beams in his hour of need, now it's vicious invective against him because he didn't attend the Copeland! Who can blame him!? It's become as big a farce as the rest of this administration's incredibly inept activities, and god help you if you don't join in the bashing of this still-contracted Collingwood player!

Yes, ten years ago I pointed out that Buckley should have made a good coach, and I was absolutely right! He should have! It's hardly my fault that he turned out to be totally incompetent. Now we have one of these 12 year olds going through my old posts (where DO you get the time!?) let's dig out the ones from 2011-12 where I urged that the ONLY course open to us was to get behind Buckley 100% That's exactly what I did for two years, but once it was obvious to anyone with open eyes that he simply wasn't good enough I started looking at what would be best to revive our fortunes. The thing that pisses me off the most is the propaganda campaign emanating from Eddie and his pack of bald-faced liars. Buckley this, Buckley that, the place is going to be renamed 'Buckley-wood' soon, and this after their big "no one is bigger than the club" bullshit!
Anyone would think Buckley was the best coach in the game to read the tripe posted here and tweeted by CFC, when it's been proven time after time that he is utterly clueless. I keep asking people to give us illustrations of Buckley's coaching skill, but no one ever does, they just get nasty and vicious.
I don't care one bit, I will be here making sure these bullies are balanced by someone who is prepared to cop their 'ever-more-desparate' personal attacks and speak the truth. I don't get much support, but I do get a lot of PMs from members whose names don't appear here much urging me to continue discussing the facts and pointing out the bullshit even as it threatens to drown us all. The more you try to bully me the more I will write about the nightmares destroying our club. You couldn't THINK of a way to make me more determined!

If you are able to remain patient just for a little bit longer you may find your 2005 prediction/assessment may still be correct. He's only be coaching for 3 years. With that in mind, see, in that post.... You also went a 'little early' asking for clarksons head (and they've won 3 flags since)!
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 130 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

He won't respond. He never responds to the detail.
Last edited by Pies4shaw on Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
WarrenerraW

Post by WarrenerraW »

Can we get this thread back on track please and talk about the issue of facilitating a trade that meets our requirements. The latest is that we have told brisbane to come to us with a suitable offer by this coming friday or the deal is off. Hine wants pick 4 and a quality young player like aish or zorko. I think that's fair and it's the lions who are being difficult. There may well need to be some movement of other picks as well in order to boost a potential offer to adelaide for dangerfield.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 130 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

That thread's actually in the DTM forum. Some sensible things have been said there.

Here's the link:

http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=75292
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

Well done boys!
BBHS
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 7 times

Post by BBHS »

I can't make sense of this thread anymore
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

WarrenerraW wrote:The only loyal people are the fans when it comes down to it.
Hard to disagree that most of us are bloody loyal to Collingwood.
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

Lazza wrote:
You're loyal to Buckley, I'm loyal to Collingwood.
Defender...........

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 207 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Defender wrote:
Lazza wrote:
You're loyal to Buckley, I'm loyal to Collingwood.
:? More like the white flag Surrender Defender. !
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.