#17,#11 Dayne Beams

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

rocketronnie

Post by rocketronnie »

"Only the weak believe that what they do in battle is who they are as men" - Thomas Marshall - "Ironclad".
RudeBoy
Been liked: 100 times

Post by RudeBoy »

rocketronnie

Post by rocketronnie »

"Only the weak believe that what they do in battle is who they are as men" - Thomas Marshall - "Ironclad".
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

It is clear that Beams is alienated from our club is some way. He and Harry are both in a similar boat (desiring to leave Collingwood) but Harry attended while Beams did not. Beams' apparent failure to feel any obligation to attend as a mark of respect towards his team mates and the club where he reached his current stature is likewise very disappointing. The reports of Beams' disrespectful responses to supporters on Instagram are likewise disheartening.
But Beams is a Collingwood Premiership player. This year he played with an energy and determination that distinguished him. So I think that invective and insults are misplaced. We simply have to treat the current situation with extreme pragmatism : we will ensure that as a result of Beams leaving, we are fully compensated. That is all. And, as Inkling suggests, there is every basis to believe that we will be. Beams will not wish to play at Collingwood next year, and if Brisbane cannot come up with an acceptable deal by Friday 5pm, other clubs will solicit him (because he is a gun) and will pay alot.
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

AN_Inkling wrote:
Defender wrote:The more I think about it the more I want, I suggested we would/should settle for their first 2 DPs, but now I reckon we should hold out for pick 4 'and' one of their young stars (Aish-Rich), if they want to play hard ball we simply keep Beams and work on changing his mind.
It's clear now he won't be at Collingwood. It's no longer get him to Brisbane, it's anywhere but the Pies. If the Lions don't put up a good enough deal other clubs will come knocking and Beams is going to have to pick one of them. We are now in a great position and I'm certain we'll end up the winners in this deal.
So you're willing to concede that Buckley may have something to do with his departure?
Defender...........

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Wilko

Post by Wilko »

Can someone please explain why Beams has decided to alienate himself from the club
Surely he could just as easily be traded to Brisbane with his reputation intact
Why the angst ?
Wilkinson
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

Wilko wrote:Can someone please explain why Beams has decided to alienate himself from the club
Surely he could just as easily be traded to Brisbane with his reputation intact
Why the angst ?
It's become clear he wants out for reasons other than family.
Defender...........

You like this.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 207 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Is it true Heater got arrested in Sydney, its a rumour doing the rounds.?? They reckon he was with beams, but beams was in Kew boozing on was he not ?
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Defender wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
Defender wrote:The more I think about it the more I want, I suggested we would/should settle for their first 2 DPs, but now I reckon we should hold out for pick 4 'and' one of their young stars (Aish-Rich), if they want to play hard ball we simply keep Beams and work on changing his mind.
It's clear now he won't be at Collingwood. It's no longer get him to Brisbane, it's anywhere but the Pies. If the Lions don't put up a good enough deal other clubs will come knocking and Beams is going to have to pick one of them. We are now in a great position and I'm certain we'll end up the winners in this deal.
So you're willing to concede that Buckley may have something to do with his departure?
Pure speculation and as such useless. Beside the point. We need to just focus on the current situation. Collingwood needs to be fully compensated for losing Beams. Stop. The reasons for Beams' desire to leave are at this stage unknown and therefore aren't relevant. Stop. When more information comes to light, maybe then can discuss. Stop.
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

Stop what?
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

Defender wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
Defender wrote: So you're willing to concede that Buckley may have something to do with his departure?
Pure speculation and as such useless. Beside the point. We need to just focus on the current situation. Collingwood needs to be fully compensated for losing Beams. Stop. The reasons for Beams' desire to leave are at this stage unknown and therefore aren't relevant. Stop. When more information comes to light, maybe then can discuss. Stop.
This is a forum numb nuts, speculating is what we do, now it's come to light that Martin has walked as well, that's 3 required players who have walked this year alone, we are a club in crisis.
no we're not.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

Defender wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
I've said all along that there's a problem with club/player relations, though I was more concerned about H's departure than Dayne's.

I wouldn't bring Martin into it though, that's just a player realising he wasn't up to it.
Well done boys!
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

AN_Inkling wrote:
Defender wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote: It's clear now he won't be at Collingwood. It's no longer get him to Brisbane, it's anywhere but the Pies. If the Lions don't put up a good enough deal other clubs will come knocking and Beams is going to have to pick one of them. We are now in a great position and I'm certain we'll end up the winners in this deal.
I've said all along that there's a problem with club/player relations, though I was more concerned about H's departure than Dayne's.

I wouldn't bring Martin into it though, that's just a player realising he wasn't up to it.
Don't be surprised if Martin plays for another AFL club next year.
Defender...........

You like this.
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

John Wren wrote:
Defender wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote: Pure speculation and as such useless. Beside the point. We need to just focus on the current situation. Collingwood needs to be fully compensated for losing Beams. Stop. The reasons for Beams' desire to leave are at this stage unknown and therefore aren't relevant. Stop. When more information comes to light, maybe then can discuss. Stop.
This is a forum numb nuts, speculating is what we do, now it's come to light that Martin has walked as well, that's 3 required players who have walked this year alone, we are a club in crisis.
no we're not.
Yes we are, open your eyes man.
Defender...........

You like this.
rocketronnie

Post by rocketronnie »

Piesnchess wrote:Is it true Heater got arrested in Sydney, its a rumour doing the rounds.?? They reckon he was with beams, but beams was in Kew boozing on was he not ?
So many rumours and dodgy photographs doing the rounds - who knows what is true? I'm keeping an open mind on the issue until more info comes to light that is factual.