#17,#11 Dayne Beams

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

John Wren

Post by John Wren »

Breadcrawl wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:Whilst we are on loyalty - there is no doubt Hawthorn is showing us what Best Practice is in this area.

Now i don't know any details about their salary cap distribution, but there has to be no doubt it is one of the most even in the comp.
No extreme outliers on the high side.

Look at the message they sent to the past, current and future players the way they handled the Franklin departure.

Have we have blown this opportunity with the last Cloke and Pendlebury contracts?
Anyone want to bet they are on less than Hodge and Roughhead?

What message have we sent Daisy, Wellingham, Beams?
What chance do we have to use culture for a reason to come to our club?

How the hell could we possibly go and secure a Ball/Jolly combo for a similar price as we did only 5 years ago?

Why are we so low in the preferred destination category?

Why would anyone take unders at Collingwood given the bending over we took on his last contract?
Croad, McGlynn, Kennedy - what loyalty did Hawks show these guys?

I heard Osborne wanted to go around again - he copped what Davis, Didak and Jolly got, no more, no less.

They gonna give Sewell another year out of loyalty?

Or are you saying they are bast practice in terms of the loyalty the players show the club?

Like Franklin yeah?

Or are you simply comparing Collingwood as unfavourably as possible, firstly by choosing the reigning premiers as the comparison point (at least it isn't Geelong any more, the unfair comparisons have been mostly made to them the past few years) and then by selectively and unrealistically representing their unattainable perfection?

There are a lot of people on here who seem to like to use Collingwood as a whip with which to flagellate themselves. "We aren't Geelong *crack*, we aren't Hawthorn *crack*, Bucks hasn't one a flag yet and we've given him THREE whole years *crack*, we always lose the free kick count but that's because we are second to the ball and tackle like buffoons *crack*, Franklin left Hawks but they are still the benchmark for all awesomeness, especially loyalty *crack*, Beams is leaving us and this proves we have a broken culture and EVERYONE wants to leave *crack*, Frawley is going to Geelong and this proves what a strong culture they have *crack*, Frawley is a fountain of youth who will facilitate reverse ageing in half the Geelong list, the signing of Frawley doesn't clearly demonstrate that Chris Scott is delusional about the state of the list at his disposal *crack*, they'll probably win another flag *crack*, whereas we can't possibly make the eight *crack*, injuries are no excuse *crack*, we are a shit club *crack*, why are we so shit? *crack*

I recommend counselling
that's a cracker of a post.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
themonk

Post by themonk »

John Wren wrote:
Breadcrawl wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:Whilst we are on loyalty - there is no doubt Hawthorn is showing us what Best Practice is in this area.

Now i don't know any details about their salary cap distribution, but there has to be no doubt it is one of the most even in the comp.

Look at the message they sent to the past, current and future players the way they handled the Franklin departure.

Have we have blown this opportunity with the last Cloke and Pendlebury contracts?

How the hell could we possibly go and secure a Ball/Jolly combo for a similar price as we did only 5 years ago?

Why would anyone take unders at Collingwood given the bending over we took on his last contract?

I heard Osborne wanted to go around again - he copped what Davis, Didak and Jolly got, no more, no less.

Or are you saying they are bast practice in terms of the loyalty the players show the club?

Like Franklin yeah?

Or are you simply comparing Collingwood as unfavourably as possible, firstly by choosing the reigning premiers as the comparison point (at least it isn't Geelong any more, the unfair comparisons have been mostly made to them the past few years) and then by selectively and unrealistically representing their unattainable perfection?

There are a lot of people on here who seem to like to use Collingwood as a whip with which to flagellate themselves. "We aren't Geelong *crack*, we aren't Hawthorn *crack*, Bucks hasn't one a flag yet and we've given him THREE whole years *crack*, we always lose the free kick count but that's because we are second to the ball and tackle like buffoons *crack*, Franklin left Hawks but they are still the benchmark for all awesomeness, especially loyalty *crack*, Beams is leaving us and this proves we have a broken culture and EVERYONE wants to leave *crack*, Frawley is going to Geelong and this proves what a strong culture they have *crack*, Frawley is a fountain of youth who will facilitate reverse ageing in half the Geelong list, the signing of Frawley doesn't clearly demonstrate that Chris Scott is delusional about the state of the list at his disposal *crack*, they'll probably win another flag *crack*, whereas we can't possibly make the eight *crack*, injuries are no excuse *crack*, we are a shit club *crack*, why are we so shit? *crack*

I recommend counselling
that's a cracker of a post.
Frawley is going to Hawthorn :oops:
Wokko

Post by Wokko »

Breadcrawl wrote:

Like Franklin yeah?

I recommend counselling
Post of the year.
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 95 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

Fellow nicksters with all due respect this is becoming very boring and some what annoying.
Let's forget all this loyalty crap seriously in today's world of free agency and mega deals it's over.
You can blame players all you like but the simple truth is clubs are equally to blame.
At a hyperthetical would the club knock back the chance to land a dangerfield or fyfe if they were available ?
Now say either of them wanted to come and wanted a 8yr deal on say $800k the club would do it ? For sure
Now say there current club wanted two ready made players as compensation would the club give up a say Fasalo or Broomhead or Kennedy or sidebottom or Langdon or Adams or alike to get the deal done ABSOLUTELY without blinking.
Now players can be traded or off loaded at ease by the club and the club can soon it anyway they want but they can't turn around then and say we are hard done by by player X.
Of course each situation is different and sometimes trades and beneficial to both parties.
Now I ask every poster here to consider this.
Would any one of you be so upset and howling about loyalty if the player was say a Adams or Kennedy wanting to leave under similar circumstances ?
I would guess if every one is being perfectly honest I would say no you wouldn't because they aren't in the same class Dayne
Now ask yourself another question
Can anyone nominate a single game they watched we Dayne didn't give 100% effort for the club during this season ?
Again if you honest you would say no he gave everything every game.
Now I'm sure at certain times during the year Dayne's fathers health would have been weighing heavy on his mind but he still performed at a high standard each game.
He isn't our most talented player, nor is he our quickest player but he along side the captain he would be our most consistent player and our best mid field shot at goal without doubt.
Now before everyone keeps screaming disloyalty and such think of the reason why he asked for to be traded.
His father is still battling bowel cancer plain and simple. Yes he might get more $$ than he is currently on but I am very sure he would have been very handsomely rewarded by the club had he stayed (and let's not forget he isn't actually gone yet he is still a contracted player)
Please guys let's think before we post such remarks and think if you were in his shoes and faced the same situation would you want to be close to your fsmily in this time ?
Football is a game and it is a business to but at the end of the day it is still only a game not life and death.
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Skids »

Fair call QM, I just hope we get a fair deal. Massive player to be losing off our list. He will win a brownlow.
Don't count the days, make the days count.
Stupied

Post by Stupied »

Chose to go out drinking with Heater and O'rourke instead of attending his final Copeland.

I'm normally a defender of Dayne's, but that's weak as piss and disrespectful to his teammates.
surfer1

Post by surfer1 »

qldmagpie67 wrote:Fellow nicksters with all due respect this is becoming very boring and some what annoying.
Let's forget all this loyalty crap seriously in today's world of free agency and mega deals it's over.
You can blame players all you like but the simple truth is clubs are equally to blame.
At a hyperthetical would the club knock back the chance to land a dangerfield or fyfe if they were available ?
Now say either of them wanted to come and wanted a 8yr deal on say $800k the club would do it ? For sure
Now say there current club wanted two ready made players as compensation would the club give up a say Fasalo or Broomhead or Kennedy or sidebottom or Langdon or Adams or alike to get the deal done ABSOLUTELY without blinking.
Now players can be traded or off loaded at ease by the club and the club can soon it anyway they want but they can't turn around then and say we are hard done by by player X.
Of course each situation is different and sometimes trades and beneficial to both parties.
Now I ask every poster here to consider this.
Would any one of you be so upset and howling about loyalty if the player was say a Adams or Kennedy wanting to leave under similar circumstances ?
I would guess if every one is being perfectly honest I would say no you wouldn't because they aren't in the same class Dayne
Now ask yourself another question
Can anyone nominate a single game they watched we Dayne didn't give 100% effort for the club during this season ?
Again if you honest you would say no he gave everything every game.
Now I'm sure at certain times during the year Dayne's fathers health would have been weighing heavy on his mind but he still performed at a high standard each game.
He isn't our most talented player, nor is he our quickest player but he along side the captain he would be our most consistent player and our best mid field shot at goal without doubt.
Now before everyone keeps screaming disloyalty and such think of the reason why he asked for to be traded.
His father is still battling bowel cancer plain and simple. Yes he might get more $$ than he is currently on but I am very sure he would have been very handsomely rewarded by the club had he stayed (and let's not forget he isn't actually gone yet he is still a contracted player)
Please guys let's think before we post such remarks and think if you were in his shoes and faced the same situation would you want to be close to your fsmily in this time ?
Football is a game and it is a business to but at the end of the day it is still only a game not life and death.
I may be misreading this but I feel your sentiments at the start are inconsistent with those at the end
WarrenerraW

Post by WarrenerraW »

Dayne just disrespected all those who have guided and supported him throughout his career by not showing up tonight and choosing to piss up with heater and o'rourke, both non Collingwood players. Collingwood have supported him through thick and thin. We all know what was reported in 2010 after the GF celebrations and the club stuck by him then.

There was a story floating around that he was shitty about the way heath was treated by the club. F me. How many chances did he get to clean his act up before we gave him the arse. I guess it's true what they say, you can't educate an idiot and if he chooses to spend his evening with that idiot over his current team mates then stuff him.

The only loyal people are the fans when it comes down to it.
swoop42
Been liked: 6 times

Post by swoop42 »

It's fair to say that O'Rourke will no longer be on our radar.

Apparently the pies have given Brisbane till 5pm next Friday to come up with a deal that's suitable to us.

No deal by then then no Beams to Brisbane.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
Joel

Post by Joel »

Why didn't he turn up tonight? What's the excuse?
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

Partying with his mates apparently.
Well done boys!
Joel

Post by Joel »

Heater and O'Rourke?
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

WarrenerraW wrote:Dayne just disrespected all those who have guided and supported him throughout his career by not showing up tonight and choosing to piss up with heater and o'rourke, both non Collingwood players. Collingwood have supported him through thick and thin. We all know what was reported in 2010 after the GF celebrations and the club stuck by him then.

There was a story floating around that he was shitty about the way heath was treated by the club. F me. How many chances did he get to clean his act up before we gave him the arse. I guess it's true what they say, you can't educate an idiot and if he chooses to spend his evening with that idiot over his current team mates then stuff him.

The only loyal people are the fans when it comes down to it.
My thoughts very similar to this. A really bad decision by Beams. Plus, it will just make the club even more determined to get a fair return for him now that he has given them the finger publically by his non-attendance.

Stuff the compassionate grounds. When he can't even spend a couple of hours of his life showing respect and gratitude for the club that drafted and nurtured him into the player he is today, well why should the club lose out by accepting less than what he's worth, just to give him compassion.

Stupid, stupid decision Beamsy.
Joel

Post by Joel »

That is the thing. People will now question his reasons for leaving. Just a dumb move really.
Az

Post by Az »

The insta photo with Heater and O'Rourke was taken two weeks ago ffs. Still agree it was poor form by Dayne not to attend tonight. What looked like an amicable trade out of the pies might have turned a bit sour recently?

On that note, good on Pert to stick it to the Brions and tell them they better pay up by a weeks time or get stuffed. Apparently the names thrown up by Perty were Rockliff, Aish, Mayes, Hanley and Zorko. About time we got ruthless in the trade department again