#17,#11 Dayne Beams

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

jackcass wrote:Exactly, Clark Buck's openly admitted the club were doing their due diligence on and would like him at the club. Never heard anything re: Frawley other than by posters on Nicks and BF.
Mark Robinson also tried to allude it being a done deal as well, but Buckley just sat there and didn't give him anything, Mark Stevens earlier in that day ruled us out of the race due to cap issues.
Leggie
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Leggie »

Lazza wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:^ I would rather watch the paint dry in our newly built Art studio, than have any sort of serious rational discussion with either Surrender Defender or 35 4 ever, they just don't listen to anything one states or says.
And your paint will have a higher IQ than them as well.............. :twisted: :P :lol:
Actually to be honest they'd sit well in my shed.
Slot right in with all of the other tools.
Bring Back Tranquilli
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

Leggie wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:^ I would rather watch the paint dry in our newly built Art studio, than have any sort of serious rational discussion with either Surrender Defender or 35 4 ever, they just don't listen to anything one states or says.
And your paint will have a higher IQ than them as well.............. :twisted: :P :lol:
Actually to be honest they'd sit well in my shed.
Slot right in with all of the other tools.
:P :twisted: :) :lol:
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

Oops. Too much data.
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

Lazza wrote:
I'm surprised you can spell IQ.
Defender...........

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

Defender wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Eye

Queue

Do I pass????? :?: :twisted: 8)
Wokko

Post by Wokko »

Personally I'd be happy to put 35 in your art studio, away from a computer so he can paint some more and type a bit less. Pretty damn fine painter. The trouble with artists is they think words are like pictures and try to paint a masterpiece with text, rather than realising that part of the writers art is also brevity.
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

Lazza wrote:
Defender wrote:
Lazza wrote: And your paint will have a higher IQ than them as well.............. :twisted: :P :lol:
Eye

Queue

The only thing you're capable of passing is wind.
Defender...........

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

Defender wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Defender wrote: I'm surprised you can spell IQ.
Eye

Queue

The only thing you're capable of passing is wind.
Well you'd know Bwana Master........ 8)
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

Wokko wrote:
Personally I'd be happy to put 35 in your art studio, away from a computer so he can paint some more and type a bit less. Pretty damn fine painter. The trouble with artists is they think words are like pictures and try to paint a masterpiece with text, rather than realising that part of the writers art is also brevity.
A bit of common sense would also be very nice............... :roll: :!:
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 135 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Wokko wrote:
I don't know that brevity is always necessary. Some things are complex and require detailed discussion and analysis. The real problem is that "I am sulking because my team is not in the Grand Final" is not a complex proposition and there only so many attempts one can have at expressing that position in 150,000-word theses before it loses its freshness and, more importantly, its power to engage or persuade.
Wokko

Post by Wokko »

Pies4shaw wrote:
Wokko wrote:
I don't know that brevity is always necessary. Some things are complex and require detailed discussion and analysis. The real problem is that "I am sulking because my team is not in the Grand Final" is not a complex proposition and there only so many attempts one can have at expressing that position in 150,000-word theses before it loses its freshness and, more importantly, its power to engage or persuade.
Agreed, sometimes you need to write War and Peace, but if the story you're telling is 'On the Road' then keep it short and off the cuff. I'd rather sacrifice a little understanding by not writing enough and then clarify than lose my reader 3 lines in and not have them ask 'what do you mean by...' at all.
jdpie1970

Post by jdpie1970 »

A little birdie just flew past my window and whistled 5 Yrs, $4.3 mill reasons that he was taking his colourful plumage and flying north. I am now even more interested to see the Copeland speech given by Dayne. How sincere will he be ?
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

jdpie1970 wrote:A little birdie just flew past my window and whistled 5 Yrs, $4.3 mill reasons that he was taking his colourful plumage and flying north. I am now even more interested to see the Copeland speech given by Dayne. How sincere will he be ?
now, if true, that's a tide changer if ever i saw one.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
The_Staunton

Post by The_Staunton »

jdpie1970 wrote:A little birdie just flew past my window and whistled 5 Yrs, $4.3 mill reasons that he was taking his colourful plumage and flying north. I am now even more interested to see the Copeland speech given by Dayne. How sincere will he be ?
To be honest with you, I'd be surprised if anyone could genuinely now say a player would turn down that kind of money out of "loyalty"

The draft assigns you a club, and off you go (unless you are Irish, American or win the Recruit")

Like they say in America, we're really supporting laundry now.

Swings and roundabouts - we picked up Luke Ball, we lose Dayne Beams.

The club moves on - I agree it ends up being a terrible look for us as players move out (and I've said enough about you know who) but the only response as a club is to dispassionately get the best deal for ourselves and move on.
We just got nutted at the clearances...