#17,#11 Dayne Beams

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

Lazza

Post by Lazza »

35forever wrote:Aish is the player I'd like to see coming our way along with pick 4, but no one seems to want to come to Collingwood at the moment, first time that's ever happened in my lifetime. My real hope is that a deal won't be done and Beamer stays, if that happens I have no doubt whatever that he'll give 100% in 2015, and if we're real lucky the crisis with his father - and whatever the other reasons are he wants to leave - will have been resolved, hopefully with an improvement in his father's health.
With all due respect, THIS is yet another example of you either being totally bloody ignorant in your own cacoon of eternal pessimism or using methods to re-write history to suit your doomsday tantrums here.
I know this for a FACT. I played many seasons of cricket in Bendigo with Ron Best (a great footy player and a top bloke) who was years ago managing a certain Greg Williams from Bendigo. When at one time Greg was changing clubs, I suggested Collingwood and both Greg Williams and Ronnie laughed at that and said "no way known"! That happened years ago mate.
I have a feeling over the many years; numerous other players have chosen other clubs ahead on Collingwood, and in some other cases, Collingwood over other clubs. This happens ALL the time in footy.
To say that it has never ever happened before is utter bloody bullshit and you are fooling absolutely no one with your perpetual ultra negative views on all things Collingwood.... :roll:
Last edited by Lazza on Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 135 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Lazza, are you vying for the role as standard-bearer straw-man for the "perceptive fellow"?
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

Pies4shaw wrote:Lazza, are you vying for the role as standard-bearer straw-man for the "perceptive fellow"?
I guess I must be among the very few of us who live in a reality NOT clouded by eternal negativity, perpetual pessimism, gloom and doom....... :roll:
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

ThePieMind

Post by ThePieMind »

35forever wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
35forever wrote:Aish is the player I'd like to see coming our way along with pick 4, but no one seems to want to come to Collingwood at the moment, first time that's ever happened in my lifetime.
One player due to limelight issues I suspect & lifestyle issues has chosen sleepy hollow.

Now a sober analysis would say you're being - how should one describe it: a wee bit histrionic & melodramatic.

Get a sense of proportion rather than catastrophize.
ONE player?! Really? So Hertier O'Brien, Paddy Ryder, Mitch Clark, Dane Beams, Paddy Dangerfield, Luke Ball, James Frawley and several others are ONE player, are they?

Sorry mate, if you think Collingwood isn't in trouble up to their armpits you're either deluded or just plain dense. Personally I've seen all this before, more than once, and the result has been years in the wilderness each time, and it will be again. Whether you like it or not there HAS been an exodus from Collingwood, the like of which I've never seen. It's been happening for three years and shows NO sign of stopping. You people just keep getting it wrong. I said this time last year that the way we treated Heater & Daisy would bite us on the arse, but you all knew better! I said the succession would see us fall out of contention within a few years, but no! you all knew better!
It is not people like me that have put Collingwood in it's current state, it is people like you fools who keep insisting that everything is just sunshine and lollipops and abusing anyone who disagreed with you that have allowed the club to fall to it's current position, and it's people like you who will keep us there! If you think there's even the remotest chance that I'll remain quiet while this happens you don't know me very well, but I'll put that right, I assure you!
More lies and misinformation:
Ball - will not find another club because he is shot
Ryder - wanted out of VIC
Beams - family issues are well documented, despite your inane suggestions otherwise
Harry - wanted to stay but clubs has said you are better off elsehwere, which most here agree is the right decision.
Dangerfield - please provide a quote where he as chosen to leave ADEL but specifically will not to come to CFC.
Frawley - has rejected CFC, and at least one of HAWKS or GEEL.

Clarke - So you are right with ONE example

What about all the players who HAVE chosen Collingwood by re-signing, why are you conveniently ignoring this group which is much larger.

As usual vacuous rhetoric.

Credibility Score of POST - 1/10
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

ThePieMind wrote:More lies and misinformation:
Ball - will not find another club because he is shot
Ryder - wanted out of VIC
Beams - family issues are well documented, despite your inane suggestions otherwise
Harry - wanted to stay but clubs has said you are better off elsehwere, which most here agree is the right decision.
Dangerfield - please provide a quote where he as chosen to leave ADEL but specifically will not to come to CFC.
Frawley - has rejected CFC, and at least one of HAWKS or GEEL.

Clarke - So you are right with ONE example

What about all the players who HAVE chosen Collingwood by re-signing, why are you conveniently ignoring this group which is much larger.

As usual vacuous rhetoric.

Credibility Score of POST - 1/10
Was Collingwood ever looking at Frawley? How can that even qualify as a rejection?
The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

I don't recall Collingwood ever saying they were interested, there were rumours of Collingwood's interest but Buckley never confirmed or denied an interest.
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

The Prototype wrote:I don't recall Collingwood ever saying they were interested, there were rumours of Collingwood's interest but Buckley never confirmed or denied an interest.
Exactly, Clark Buck's openly admitted the club were doing their due diligence on and would like him at the club. Never heard anything re: Frawley other than by posters on Nicks and BF.
Darkstranger

Post by Darkstranger »

What ever the papers think is a good collingwood story they'll go with that...generally it'll be bad...whats the point of a good news story.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

35forever wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
35forever wrote:Aish is the player I'd like to see coming our way along with pick 4, but no one seems to want to come to Collingwood at the moment, first time that's ever happened in my lifetime.

One player due to limelight issues I suspect & lifestyle issues has chosen sleepy hollow.

Now a sober analysis would say you're being - how should one describe it: a wee bit histrionic & melodramatic.

Get a sense of proportion rather than catastrophize.

ONE player?! Really
? So Hertier O'Brien, Paddy Ryder, Mitch Clark, Dane Beams, Paddy Dangerfield, Luke Ball, James Frawley and several others are ONE player, are they?

!

Edited for coherence & spelling (I was at work & the new manager walked past - so I closed it too early):

Just to be sure & as Lazza pointed out these are your words:

No one seems to want to come to Collingwood:

So lets fact check your silly claim & with thanks to the pie mind:

Ball - could barely walk in his last game. Going out on top. Not applicable
Ryder - family friends in Brisbane & supports in SA as well as wanting out of Victoria. Has connections in SA. Not applicable
Beams - Father has cancer. Personal reasons & offer of big big bucks to sweeten it not applicable
Harry - wanted to stay , at one point wanted disillusioned but happy medium met where he has chosen to play elsewhere as the club thought his behaviours have been counterproductive to a team ethos. Not applicable.
Dangerfield - please provide a quote where he as chosen to leave Adelaide but specifically will not to come to CFC. Not applicable
Frawley - has rejected Carlton FC, and at least one of Hawks & Geelong. We are not vying for him. Not applicable

Clarke - So you are right with one example. Applicable but qualified. As I have previously note:d limelight issues & lifestyle issues are the concern here.

What about all the players who have chosen Collingwood by re-signing that you have conveniently ignoring this group which is much larger.

Out of 7 players you're right with one.

Bucks may have got rid of players but that was not your contention.

Your post was purely histrionic, demonstrably false by your own words & represents muddled catastrophic thinking.

Get a grip man. :wink: :roll:
Last edited by watt price tully on Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Member 7167

Post by Member 7167 »

Lazza wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:Lazza, are you vying for the role as standard-bearer straw-man for the "perceptive fellow"?
I guess I must be among the very few of us who live in a reality NOT clouded by eternal negativity, perpetual pessimism, gloom and doom....... :roll:
I share the vast majority of your viewpoints but at the same time I can see no upside to discussing anything with individuals such as Defender and 35forever. I couldn't be bothered wasting my time.
Now Retired - Every Day Is A Saturday
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

Member 7167 wrote:
Lazza wrote:
I share the vast majority of your viewpoints but at the same time I can see no upside to discussing anything with individuals such as Defender and 35forever. I couldn't be bothered wasting my time.
True. I think it IS a waste of time too but geez, sometimes you just CANNOT let them get away with total bloody crap mate... :shock: I just don't know how the others do that by ignoring these bloody tools putting constant shit on the mighty magpies team I LOVE, and have loved for years. My entire world is black and white passion and I don't know how genuine Collingwood fans deal with this perpetual crap being put on the club. They are much better people than me Member....... :roll:
Someone puts shit on my family, I automatically react. Just in my DNA mate..... 8)
Piesnchess
Has liked: 207 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by Piesnchess »

^ I would rather watch the paint dry in our newly built Art studio, than have any sort of serious rational discussion with either Surrender Defender or 35 4 ever, they just don't listen to anything one states or says.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

Piesnchess wrote:^ I would rather watch the paint dry in our newly built Art studio, than have any sort of serious rational discussion with either Surrender Defender or 35 4 ever, they just don't listen to anything one states or says.
And your paint will have a higher IQ than them as well.............. :twisted: :P :lol:
Piesnchess
Has liked: 207 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Lazza wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:^ I would rather watch the paint dry in our newly built Art studio, than have any sort of serious rational discussion with either Surrender Defender or 35 4 ever, they just don't listen to anything one states or says.
And your paint will have a higher IQ than them as well.............. :twisted: :P :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :P :P
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.