#17,#11 Dayne Beams

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

Piesnchess
Has liked: 207 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Lazza wrote:
jdpie1970 wrote:Is it ok to want to spend the last 3-4 years together as a family ? I don't think we can place our perception of time and need onto others.
If he wants to go we let him go but we get the appropriate compensation. I really don't believe that he has shown ever in his time at the Pies that he is a "let us get bent over" type of guy and i know absolutely that Paul Connors is a keep you at your club manager.
Fair compensation will make everyone happy but the Brions cant go around sprouting that its pick 4 or nothing :!: All that does is to raise the ire of the club and it's loyal fans. If you play in a gutter with gutter tactics, you will only end up being bitten by a gutter snake. :roll:
It HAS to be pick 4 PLUS a damn good player. Or else nothing.

Yep, bleed the bastards, and if beams dad is so ill, how the hell can he stand outa footy for one season in Melbourne. ?? Now I do smell a rat, and it could be that prick greg swann up there now too, mr mercenary mover and shaker, putting the soft soap on dayne, nothing surprises me now, its all getting a bit sus for my liking. yep, pick four and a good player, damn good, nothing less will do. Bleed the pricks. :P :!:
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
jdpie1970

Post by jdpie1970 »

On here for 3 days, on Pies for 44 years. Known Paul for 30 years. Had many a discussion with him about the benefits of players moving or not and his general rule of thumb is the grass is greener where you are rather than on the other side. Have a look at his player movement historically.
Redlight

Post by Redlight »

jdpie1970 wrote:Is it ok to want to spend the last 3-4 years together as a family ? I don't think we can place our perception of time and need onto others.
If he wants to go we let him go but we get the appropriate compensation. I really don't believe that he has shown ever in his time at the Pies that he is a "let us get bent over" type of guy and i know absolutely that Paul Connors is a keep you at your club manager.
That's the point, top-shelf player for top-shelf compensation. Brisbane are saying...
Warren said the Lions had not started dealing with Collingwood, and added they might be prepared to wait until Beams was out of contract at the end of next season.
Link

So, they'd be prepared to wait until next year? Without discussing that option with Beams? Seems unlikely to me and it also implies that Beams is prepared to wait until next year to get to Brisbane.

If we're not going to get what we want for him then he doesn't get to go where he wants.

I'm sure we can set something up with the Suns by this time next year.

Or the Saints.
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

^^Wouldn't read too much into early talk. It's quite possible that Beams has made it very clear he doesn't want to wait till next year, but in what way does that help Brisbane? Of course they'll do everything they can to not appear desperate.
Well done boys!
RudeBoy
Been liked: 103 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Redlight wrote:
That's the point, top-shelf player for top-shelf compensation. Brisbane are saying...
Warren said the Lions had not started dealing with Collingwood, and added they might be prepared to wait until Beams was out of contract at the end of next season.
Link

So, they'd be prepared to wait until next year? Without discussing that option with Beams? Seems unlikely to me and it also implies that Beams is prepared to wait until next year to get to Brisbane.

If we're not going to get what we want for him then he doesn't get to go where he wants.

Or the Saints.
Everyone needs to chill a little. It's all smoke and mirrors at the moment. Neither party are going to conduct their negotiations publicly. We'll all know soon enough when the trade period is completed.

FWIW, I think Beams will end up at the lions and we will end up with pick 4 plus a player. The haggling will be over who that player is.
The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

After losing players last year I guess they want to try and dictate the terms to clubs this year with trades, but I think they'll relent soon enough when they realise Collingwood won't play their game.
Redlight

Post by Redlight »

RudeBoy wrote:Everyone needs to chill a little. It's all smoke and mirrors at the moment. Neither party are going to conduct their negotiations publicly. We'll all know soon enough when the trade period is completed.

FWIW, I think Beams will end up at the lions and we will end up with pick 4 plus a player. The haggling will be over who that player is.
Fair response. My attitude is purely based on what happens if Brisbane doesn't play ball. If we get 4 and a good player I'll see that as a bare pass, but acceptable under the circumstances to get him home.

If, however, the Lions and/or Beams seek to screw us then we have to be prepared to make a point to one or both of those parties, as well as sending a very clear message to any other club/player that has designs on trying the same shit.
Breadcrawl

Post by Breadcrawl »

RudeBoy wrote:
Redlight wrote:
Link

Or the Saints.
Everyone needs to chill a little. It's all smoke and mirrors at the moment. Neither party are going to conduct their negotiations publicly. We'll all know soon enough when the trade period is completed.

I agree. But if they are saying they are utterly unwilling to part with 'young talent' then what are we gonna get? A Merrett or Patful? Even a Hanley I would be less than happy with.

If there's no win/win then maybe a lose/lose is the go - Lewis Taylor. They lose a 'young talent' and we pick up yet another midget :D
they can smell what we're cookin'
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

Brisbane can say all they like now that they won't part with young talent. But come 10 mins before deadline they might reconsider if we dig in.
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
thebaldfacts

Post by thebaldfacts »

Beams is gone, so it is just a case of what we get.

The negotiations have begun with the ambit positions from each side.

For the Pies, it is pick 4 plus Hanley. For the Lions it is pick 4 only.

After negotiations it will be pick 4 plus a player and most likely a young player like Aish or Mayes or alternatively someone like Daniel Rich.

Let the games begin.
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

We can get Dangerfield for nothing next year, if he really wants to come over we need to convince him to wait.

Losing Beams is going to kill is, he's one of our few mids who can actually hit a target.
Defender...........

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Redlight

Post by Redlight »

jdpie1970 wrote:On here for 3 days, on Pies for 44 years. Known Paul for 30 years. Had many a discussion with him about the benefits of players moving or not and his general rule of thumb is the grass is greener where you are rather than on the other side. Have a look at his player movement historically.
The problem is that the only clients of his that I know are Judd, Ryder, Beams, Luke Ball and Dangerfield.

And Dangerfield is on the possible list.

Looks like money is sometimes greener than the grass.
Neil Appleby

Post by Neil Appleby »

CarringbushCigar wrote:
Defender wrote:
Museman wrote:Brisbane say pick 4 on it's own is fair....

And if they have to wait...they may have to wait.....

Nice choice Dayne!

Brisbane clearly cares about your predicament.
We won't take pick 4 only, I'm thinking we'll want their second rounder 'or' a decent player as well, forget about pick 4 and one of their young guns, won't happen.
Brisbane hold all the cards.

We are likely to get bent over here, because Collingwood don't want Beams to talk.
What are you talking about? Collingwood holds the aces in this game. Please take your tiresome conspiracy theories to some other forum where they'll appreciate your acute insights. Oh wait, maybe I'm not allowed to comment in this thread; don't wanna receive a warning from you.
After the epic draw comes the decisive knockout!
Collingwood rules the world again and Mick Malthouse fulfils his destiny with the twenty ten premiership and can you hear the people sing!
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

Neil Appleby wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:
Defender wrote: We won't take pick 4 only, I'm thinking we'll want their second rounder 'or' a decent player as well, forget about pick 4 and one of their young guns, won't happen.
Brisbane hold all the cards.

We are likely to get bent over here, because Collingwood don't want Beams to talk.
What are you talking about? Collingwood holds the aces in this game. Please take your tiresome conspiracy theories to some other forum where they'll appreciate your acute insights. Oh wait, maybe I'm not allowed to comment in this thread; don't wanna receive a warning from you.
I don't think we "hold all the aces", sure he's contracted and we don't have to deal, but if we don't he could very easily Luke Ball us next year, and if he feels we treated him unfairly he may very well do that.
Defender...........

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf

Post by The Boy Who Cried Wolf »

Defender wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote: Brisbane hold all the cards.

I don't think we "hold all the aces", sure he's contracted and we don't have to deal, but if we don't he could very easily Luke Ball us next year, and if he feels we treated him unfairly he may very well do that.
And in the mean time he could also say 'stuff yah! I'm going north for a surf... enjoy your footy!!' frankly, we're not in a good spot, but anything less then pick 4 and a player and we've been robbed.
Last edited by The Boy Who Cried Wolf on Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All Aboard!! Choo Choo!!!