#17,#11 Dayne Beams

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

King Malta

Post by King Malta »

Scribe wrote:Right, this is a direct quote from Beams' manager this morning:

"Dayne's father is healthy and in remission - he has not had a relapse."

"Dayne spent some time with his old man a few weeks ago and that crystallised his thoughts on the decision."

"This is purely a player wanting to go home."

This significantly changes my thoughts on this. I still understand Beams' motives, but make no mistake, Collingwood should be in no rush to cater to his wants when under contract, even if it means losing him for less next year.

We hold the aces here.

Brisbane's football manager stated this morning that pick 4 would do. If that's all they are willing to offer, I hope Dayne enjoys another season at Westpac.
And then at St Kilda the year after, seeing as they'll likely have pick 1 again next year :wink:
DrPopper

Post by DrPopper »

I don't know what to believe about this ....
In a private conversation with someone who knows that I was party to they were specifically asked (by a insider) "If his father lived in Melbourne would he still want out?" the answer was along the lines of "Probably yes, other issues are also in play"

If it is a return home ...fine

But there is more too it.
"nothing exceeds like excess"
CarringbushCigar
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 7 times

Post by CarringbushCigar »

DrPopper wrote:I don't know what to believe about this ....
In a private conversation with someone who knows that I was party to they were specifically asked (by a insider) "If his father lived in Melbourne would he still want out?" the answer was along the lines of "Probably yes, other issues are also in play"

If it is a return home ...fine

But there is more too it.
yup and the media are dying to break something
they are hearing stuff for sure

wonder if the club will want to get in and lead the agenda, before this gets messier
Piesnchess
Has liked: 207 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by Piesnchess »

"Dayne spent some time with his old man a few weeks ago and that crystallised his thoughts on the decision."

This significantly changes my thoughts on this. I still understand Beams' motives, but make no mistake, Collingwood should be in no rush to cater to his wants when under contract, even if it means losing him for less next year.

We hold the aces here.

Brisbane's football manager stated this morning that pick 4 would do. If that's all they are willing to offer, I hope Dayne enjoys another season at Westpac.

HUH ???, Pick four for Beams, tell this snot nosed jerk hes gotta be damn joking, he can stick that up his clacker, this no name Lions honcho. They want Beams, they are gonna have to bleed for him, time we played real hard ball on this. BTW, if his old man isn't so bad now, then my opinion is changing too, play hardball, make em ante up big, if they want him so badly. :x :!:
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Breadcrawl

Post by Breadcrawl »

Thank %$^ Carringbush Cigar and Defender aren't doing the negotiating for us.

Listening to that Lions douche repeatedly saying 'pick 4 is a very good pick' (we know, dickhead. There are approximately exactly three better than it. Doesn't make it a fair trade) is making me want to smash my laptop.

They are trying to bend us over.

They will not be successful.

Dayne had better watch his ass. I see him being the unfortunate meat in the sandwich and the guy who could be the ultimate loser. Brisbane don't give a shit about him yet, they are just trying to take full advantage. If they are arseholes about it and the deal doesn't get done, Beams faces being stuck at Collingwood with strained relationships that will of course be all Buckley's fault.

My best mate is a Brisbane supporter. Constantly sooks about the go home factor and how hard it makes retaining talent for his club.

So it's great to see them empathising with our plight.

Goddamn but I do hate them so
they can smell what we're cookin'
WarrenerraW

Post by WarrenerraW »

So wtf is happening then. Does anybody really know? There is a lot of speculation and here say going down that he's 99% certain he wants to leave for family reasons but what's the other 1%?
Piesnchess
Has liked: 207 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by Piesnchess »

CarringbushCigar wrote:Can we just rewind to half time in the Port Adelaide elimination final.

Bucks please give Heater a cuddle and get Clokey on a high half forward flank.

None of this would have happened.

Instead Buckley in some weird crazy rant went about 'changing the culture' in a post match press conference, and set about alienating and belittling 2 of our greatest grand final performers in most of our life times.

Talk about not taking responsibility.
Bucks DID you nitwit, your loose cannon Shaw had thrown the ball into a Port players face, at a crucial part of the game, resulting in a gimme Port goal, and a total change in the game. ! He lied to the club about his car crash with dids, forget that too, do we ?? Bucks did the damn right thing !! :? :!:
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

If his old man isn't sick then it'ssssssssssssss HARDBALL. TIME!!!!!!!
Defender...........

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
WarrenerraW

Post by WarrenerraW »

This is our chance to shaft these bastards like they did to us and f*** them like they've never been f***ed before with the Beams trade. We must cripple them and take them to the cleaners. Our football dept need to play some serious hardball here. They reckon they're in the box seat to get Beams and are convinced pick 4 alone is enough based on the emotional situation. Is it? No way! Pick 4 is a start.
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

Last edited by Lazza on Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CarringbushCigar

WarrenerraW wrote:So wtf is happening then. Does anybody really know? There is a lot of speculation and here say going down that he's 99% certain he wants to leave for family reasons but what's the other 1%?
only thing that has been mentioned is:
- the treatment of Heath Shaw and others

looks like this was a contributor to him losing ultimate loyalty
seems like not enough, if in fact his dad has not suffered any worse news in the last few months

looks like he has washed his hands and handed it all over for Brissy, led by a well-informed Swann to play as hard ball as they can

the drums are certainly beating
Last edited by CarringbushCigar on Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ThePieMind

Post by ThePieMind »

We hold the aces here.

Source please.
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

CarringbushCigar

WarrenerraW

Post by WarrenerraW »

So we play hardball and keep him for another year because we refuse to meet the bears demands then risk losing him for less next year or worse still - free agency at the end of 2016. The problem is that those f***s know he wants out and wants to go home to brisbane. So who really has the power here?