#17,#11 Dayne Beams

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

To do that he either needs to agree to deal with the Suns as well, or to make it clear that if the deal's not good enough he'll stay a Magpie. If he does neither I'll be disappointed.
Well done boys!
GoWoodsmen

Post by GoWoodsmen »

roar wrote:I just hope Dayne can put enough pressure on Brisbane to cough up a decent deal.
This is what concerns me a fair bit... I haven't seen a single quote attributed to Dayne where he has shown any hint of care of what the Pies get in return. It seems to just be a case of "get me to Brisbane and I don't give a crap how".

This is a once in a lifetime scenario if you ask me - assuming the truth is 100% accurate and that Brisbane didn't go offering stuff behind the scenes because Clay was telling Lions management how badly Dayne wanted to be back in Queensland.

Grrrrrrrrr not happy Jan.
Side By Side Forever
PieGal4eva

Post by PieGal4eva »

qldmagpie67 wrote:Howdy all. Well I managed to catch up with Dayne's dad over the weekend.
I won't go into the conversation at any length due to it being a private conversation but suffice to say his illness issues are far from over.
I will however give up some insight into what has been a long running issue for Dayne.
The request for a trade came after Dayne spoke at length with both his father and mother as he was struggling to come to terms with the whole situation.
Dayne and his dad are very close and during the course of the year they club has been aware of his fathers battle and been very good to Dayne and his family.
I can confirm 100% this isn't about $$$ yes Dayne would receive more $$$ than his current contract but he would receive very close to the lions supposed offer if he remained at the pies.
Thanks again QLD Magpies. Very good of you to come here and dispel some of the rumours going around.

I fully believe it is not about the money...although so sad to see him go.

Only answer if you feel it is appropriate, but do you feel that if this situation didn't occur with his dad, that Dayne would of been happy playing out his career with the Pies?
D,D,B'90

Post by D,D,B'90 »

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:I'm not upset or even disappointed that Dayne wants out. However, I will be if he insists on Brisbane and refuses to go to the Gold Coast. Like Judd, he needs to turn this into a bidding war if he really wants Collingwood to get fair compensation.
It's already been established that Gold Coast don't have space in their salary cap to accommodate Beams. Also Dayne has said he wants to play along side his brother. So Brisbane it is, or he stays at Collingwood. Thanks QLDMagpie. Appreciate your post.
If the club grants Dayne Beams his wish to go to Queensland and they want to trade with the Gold Coast, maybe the Brisbane Lions could do the right thing by the Beams family and trade Claye Beams to the Gold Coast to play along side his brother. Gold Coast would have some salary cap space if it had to trade out some decent players to get the deal done.
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

according to paul connors, they are dealing exclusively with brisbane. will be extremely disappointed if a trade cannot be facilitated but accepts collingwood holds the aces.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
Museman

Post by Museman »

John Wren wrote:according to paul connors, they are dealing exclusively with brisbane. will be extremely disappointed if a trade cannot be facilitated but accepts collingwood holds the aces.
If it's Brisbane at all costs then any sympathy I have for his situation evaporates...

This is about getting him closer to his father, not getting him to a certain team.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 103 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Museman wrote:
John Wren wrote:according to paul connors, they are dealing exclusively with brisbane. will be extremely disappointed if a trade cannot be facilitated but accepts collingwood holds the aces.
If it's Brisbane at all costs then any sympathy I have for his situation evaporates...

This is about getting him closer to his father, not getting him to a certain team.
Brisbane is the club that wants him not GC, so that's who we are dealing with. We still are in a strong position because he is contracted to us. Either the Lions give us what we want or he remains a Pie. It's that simple.
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

RudeBoy wrote:
Museman wrote:

Brisbane is the club that wants him not GC, so that's who we are dealing with. We still are in a strong position because he is contracted to us. Either the Lions give us what we want or he remains a Pie. It's that simple.
pretty much.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
King Malta

Post by King Malta »

Correct me if I'm wrong but Dane isn't a free agent next year, simply an uncontracted player and that means that if he walked at the end of next season he'd need to enter the draft and a number of other clubs could pick him before Brissy.

With that being the case we do indeed still hold all the aces. If Brisbane want him they'll have to cough up for him or risk their chances in the next draft. If they rate Beams as highly as they should then the deal should be a positive one for us. Otherwise they'll effectively be passing up on him.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 103 times

Post by RudeBoy »

King Malta wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but Dane isn't a free agent next year, simply an uncontracted player and that means that if he walked at the end of next season he'd need to enter the draft and a number of other clubs could pick him before Brissy.

With that being the case we do indeed still hold all the aces. If Brisbane want him they'll have to cough up for him or risk their chances in the next draft. If they rate Beams as highly as they should then the deal should be a positive one for us. Otherwise they'll effectively be passing up on him.
Even if he became a limited free agent next year, that would simply mean we could retain Beams by matching any offer from the lions.
Neil Appleby

Post by Neil Appleby »

What I understand from all of the press articles and from qldmagpie67 is that:

Beams wants to go home to be with his ailing dad
He is not walking out on Collingwood
He wants a trade to a Qld club, preferably Brisbane
Gold Coast is not able to trade due to salary cap restrictions
Collingwood wants to keep Beams but understands this is unlikely to happen
Beams wants to assist Collingwood in getting adequate compensation
Buckley says No.4 and a player or players; nothing less

Think I got all that correct, so Brisbane does a deal swiftly to assist Beams getting back home, a deal that Collingwood accepts, or Beams stays a Collingwood player for a year. Dayne is not quitting the club or sitting out a season.

My gut feeling is he'll end up a Lion and we will get the deal we want. Win win.
After the epic draw comes the decisive knockout!
Collingwood rules the world again and Mick Malthouse fulfils his destiny with the twenty ten premiership and can you hear the people sing!
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

Bucks2014 wrote:Surely this is bull, as I can't find any info, but Trade whisper sights etc on Facebook are saying according to Damien Barrett Alex Fasolo has requested a trade.This crap will be enough for Mitch Clark and others to say no to us.
Only for information here but I was told the very same thing on Grand Final day in Melbourne but it was without any substantiation or concrete evidence so I dismissed it as pure speculation..... :roll:
Bucks2014

Post by Bucks2014 »

With all due respect there is no way we Could afford $800K per year, if it has nothing to do with money Brisbane are mad putting so much of their salary cap into one person apparently they don't have too.

Starting to hate the way this smells. But suppose this is the future, there playing life is only short. Really going to miss one of my favourites.

Not buying that Gold Coast aren't interested, they wanted this kid bad before we drafted him.

Manager coming out stating it's in Collingwood's best interests that they deal with Brisbane and possibly bring other clubs into it, thought he was still contracted to us.

Let's just a get a fair deal done and move on.
"Still waiting for your call Caroline ... not a quote in sight. Don't ever presume to speak on Collingwood's behalf,"
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

GoWoodsmen wrote:
roar wrote:I just hope Dayne can put enough pressure on Brisbane to cough up a decent deal.
This is what concerns me a fair bit... I haven't seen a single quote attributed to Dayne where he has shown any hint of care of what the Pies get in return. It seems to just be a case of "get me to Brisbane and I don't give a crap how".

This is a once in a lifetime scenario if you ask me - assuming the truth is 100% accurate and that Brisbane didn't go offering stuff behind the scenes because Clay was telling Lions management how badly Dayne wanted to be back in Queensland.

Grrrrrrrrr not happy Jan.
And just how often do you see quotes from players in these situations.
Museman

Post by Museman »

Brisbane say pick 4 on it's own is fair....

And if they have to wait...they may have to wait.....

Nice choice Dayne!

Brisbane clearly cares about your predicament.