#17,#11 Dayne Beams

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

Bucks2014

Post by Bucks2014 »

Looks like the Herald Sun has pinched some of the good work posted on here and thankfully left out the not so good work.

According to the Sun we are after Dangerfield if this trade is to eventuate or we will most likely deal with the Suns. Yes they have officially expressed interest and why wouldn't they, a gun is about to enter his prime in football terms.

Like most of us here if the trade gets done and I hope it doesn't the Suns are definitely the ones we should deal with. Other than Rockcliff and Aish who would we want from the Lions? Apparently the Pies have been informed they are untouchable, surprised not.
"Still waiting for your call Caroline ... not a quote in sight. Don't ever presume to speak on Collingwood's behalf,"
Beast

Post by Beast »

Stupied wrote:
Beast wrote:
Stupied wrote: I am an acquaintance of Daynes sister Khayla, Beast. I've spoken to her on multiple occasions regarding Dayne and Claye, and everything she has ever said about them matches perfectly with how qldmagpie describes them. I'm not going to call and pester her about this, as she is certainly not a close friend, and I have no intention of intruding on her at such a difficult time, but the last time I saw her (a few months ago now), she confirmed that Dayne was looking to extend his contract.

I have literally, no reason to believe that anything qldmagpie says is not 100% true, and some of the comments in this thread have been just sickening.
Fair enough mate but keep in mind that "close to signing" is a stock standard line from family and friends of just about all the players, even the ones that end up leaving.
So once again, I'm not accusing qldmagpies of lying, just questioning the info his been fed and his dad's health taking a turn for the worst since that instagram photo was posted.
And I will were wear everything that comes my way if it turns out to be correct.
Understand where you're coming from, and appreciate the civil response. I don't remember actually seeing qldmagpie actually posting that he was close to signing. All I remember is that he had instructed his management to open negotiations early to avoid a fiasco like the one surrounding Clokes contract.

As much as I'd love to be able to confirm things with Khayla, unfortunately I'm not in a position where I'd feel comfortable contacting her, and I'm sure she wouldn't appreciate any more than the sympathetic text I've sent to her.
When someone starts negotiations specifically to avoid the mess similar to Cloke's saga they don't take four months..... And I'm possibly wrong but I doubt his dad was diagnosed and has beaten cancer in the same time frame.
And 99% of my responses are civil as long as people return the fovour and don't call me a carscum supporter.
1% has to do with some late night posting in a plastered state
:wink:
Beast

Post by Beast »

Bucks2014 wrote:Looks like the Herald Sun has pinched some of the good work posted on here and thankfully left out the not so good work.

According to the Sun we are after Dangerfield if this trade is to eventuate or we will most likely deal with the Suns. Yes they have officially expressed interest and why wouldn't they, a gun is about to enter his prime in football terms.

Like most of us here if the trade gets done and I hope it doesn't the Suns are definitely the ones we should deal with. Other than Rockcliff and Aish who would we want from the Lions? Apparently the Pies have been informed they are untouchable, surprised not.
Pick 4 plus either Zorko or Hanley would do us just fine too.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 207 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Defender wrote:
roar wrote:Pick 4 is a gimme but it's the extra bit that's going to be interesting.
Pick 4 and an exchange of second rounders will probably be the final result, not saying I'm happy with it though.
NO, we bleed the pricks, I want pick four, plus rockcliff, nothing less, stuff em, no more mr nice guys now, play hardball. :!: :x
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf

Post by The Boy Who Cried Wolf »

Bucks2014 wrote:Looks like the Herald Sun has pinched some of the good work posted on here and thankfully left out the not so good work.

Then it's this simple, we don't talk to the bears.. period.
All Aboard!! Choo Choo!!!
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:

Then it's this simple, we don't talk to the bears.. period.
THIS.

If the Brions do not want to be totally realistic in their dealings, bugger them I say..... :evil:
Member 7167

Post by Member 7167 »

qldmagpie67 wrote:Howdy all. Firstly let me thank each and every poster who has offered support to Dayne and his family. I'm not sure if any of them read this or not never bothered to ask them but I'm 100% certain they would be very grateful for all the kind wishes and thoughts.
I've read some of my original post and I wrote it at a time when emotion was a huge factor to me.
To me this isn't about a footballer at all it's about a young man I have known for 20yrs who will have to make the biggest decision of his life with a background of uncertainty.
Dayne's dad Phil or as all his mates call him teapot is a champion bloke and from all reports was a very talented footballer himself around the Yarrawonga way and again with QAFL powerhouse southport (coincidently where Dayne won a senior premiership)
We had all known he had been battling for a time against illness but no one expected or saw this sudden turn of events coming.
Over the past 24hrs I have spoken to many close mates who live nearer to teapot than me and all are equally shocked with all that has happened.
Now not for one second can I write anything on here without emotion as to me this a great mate and his son facing a time in their respective lives that no one can fully appreciate or understand without having to have lived in the same shoes.
Dayne will make the decision he thinks is right for him and teapot.
I've never heard teapot ever say he would love to see the boys play together but hey if he is facing a terminal illness he may have made a comment who knows.
The times I have spoken to Dayne since he commenced his time with the pies he has never been anything bar appreciative of the club for firstly drafting him and then for all the club has done for him on and off the field.
He has many close mates at the club and this decision will be the hardest of his life.
I am hoping to catch up with teapot this weekend and get the full story from his mouth and I will post any part I feel I can without betraying any family confidences.
Thanks for you contribution qldmagpie. A quality and honest post which is your usual trademark.

It is a sad situation and although I would hate to see Dayne leave us, there are things more important in life than employment and football. If he leaves I hope he and his family well.

If he does leave it will be a massive loss as he is obviously an important part of our team both on and off the field. in the circumstance I hope the Queensland team that secures the deal offer a fair and reason trade for such a quality player and individual.
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

swoop42 wrote:I asked this yesterday but no one responded.

Can Aish even be traded within his initial 2 year contract?

I thought there was some rule against that.
The 2 year period for draftees is more about delisting them I think so I can't see why trading would be an issue. Player remains contracted, contract just gets relocated.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 47 times

Post by David »

One question: do we really want to further strengthen a team that is already looking like dominating the competition in a couple of years? For that reason alone, I'd rather send him to Brisbane.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

David wrote:One question: do we really want to further strengthen a team that is already looking like dominating the competition in a couple of years? For that reason alone, I'd rather send him to Brisbane.
The only way clubs will compete with the GCS and GWS teams of the future is to build the best squads possible. If that means you sometimes have to dance with the devil then so be it.
Last edited by jackcass on Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
woftam

Post by woftam »

jackcass wrote:
David wrote:One question: do we really want to further strengthen a team that is already looking like dominating the competition in a couple of years? For that reason alone, I'd rather send him to Brisbane.
The only way clubs will compete with the GCS and GWS teams of the future is to build the best possible squads possible. If that means you sometimes have to dance with the devil then so be it.
I agree. We need to be keeping our eye on what we need & want, not focusing on what not to give to other clubs.
malteaser

Post by malteaser »

Why couldn't we do a straight swap for prestia or O'Mera and a extra round 2 pick or something like that.

Pity I am on school hols, I work with Dangers uncle who hates collingwood with a passion (he would be spewing big time), I would love to pry out of him the gossip. I also live on the surf coast and Geelong supporters think that he will eventually go to the cats, when i raised this the other day, they were aghast, wouldn't be able to wipe the smile of my face if he came to pies. I think i would put a huge danger picture on my fence just to rub it in a little further
May the seeds of hope bloom into the eurphoria of success. Go Pies
Az

Post by Az »

malteaser wrote:Why couldn't we do a straight swap for prestia or O'Mera and a extra round 2 pick or something like that.

Pity I am on school hols, I work with Dangers uncle who hates collingwood with a passion (he would be spewing big time), I would love to pry out of him the gossip. I also live on the surf coast and Geelong supporters think that he will eventually go to the cats, when i raised this the other day, they were aghast, wouldn't be able to wipe the smile of my face if he came to pies. I think i would put a huge danger picture on my fence just to rub it in a little further
Because that is seriously unders. Add Beams to their squad and they WILL play finals. Also as good as Prestia is sometimes, the last thing we need is another small midfielder.

The only straight swap that could possibly be fair is a top 10 midfielder in the comp who is the same age or younger. And if Bris even think of offering pick 4 and a fringe player I hope we stop dealing with them then and there. As sensitive a situation it is for Beamsy, at no point will we be accepting a sub par deal to send him home and I'm sure he realises this too.
Member 7167

Post by Member 7167 »

jackcass wrote:
The only way clubs will compete with the GCS and GWS teams of the future is to build the best squads possible. If that means you sometimes have to dance with the devil then so be it.
Fully agree.

It is about getting the best deal for our club.
Geek
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Geek »

Absolutely. Trading Beams to GC brings their window forward and puts us out in the windlerness a bit.

Trading in picks for high-end talent pushes our window back, lessening the likelihood of us peaking at the same time as the expansion clubs.

It's why I don't want a ready made replacement for Beams, nor a top 10 pick and promising player. I say we have 2 of the best recruiters in the country working for us at the moment, so do our best to buy in high in this draft with a view to peaking in 5 or 6 years time.

Hell, I'd even be looking at moving Cloke on and trying to corner this draft, though I'll put the reasoning for that in the Cloke thread