#17,#11 Dayne Beams

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

If he has a year left on his contract, does that mean he can only be traded, can't nominate for draft?
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

Dark Beanie wrote:If he has a year left on his contract, does that mean he can only be traded, can't nominate for draft?
Yes, unless we delist him.
Well done boys!
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

Brisbane will have to hand over their first rounder at the bare minimum, I'd want a decent player as well.
Defender...........

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Deja Vu

Post by Deja Vu »

Defender wrote:Are you sunshine and lollipop guys waking the **** up yet?

HELLO!!!!!!
Go entertain yourself...
mandy

Post by mandy »

I read his Dad has cancer? If so, that's certainly a legitimate reason for him wanting to go home and I accept that. I'd love him to stay, but he did help us win a premiership and is neither a self-involved wanker (hi Harry) or a lying smart arse with Daddy issues (hi Dale) so will always have my respect.

We should though expect nothing less than a first round pick and a decent player for him.
#TEAMBUCKS
#TEAMEDDIE
#TEAMCOLLINGWOOD
#SIDEBYSIDE
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:Sorry, but I now really hate Buckley as our coach.

It might not be his fault, but he has overseen the period where all of the joy associated with 2010 has all just vanished.

I have no excitement about Collingwood, and I can't remember ever feeling this way before.
This has nothing to do with Buckley. Brisbane have been boasting about the excess money they have in their salary cap and have been threatening to poach a player from one of the big clubs. Beams was a logical player for Brisbane to target. If we remain cool headed here, we have a good opportunity to score a high first hand draft pick and a player.
No. The club has to accept failure on this. How big a failure is up for debate as it's becoming increasingly difficult to hold onto players since free agency started.
Well done boys!
Bucks2014

Post by Bucks2014 »

AN_Inkling wrote:I think this could end in our favour. Just need to work the right deal. Beams is not the type we need more of, if we can trade him for players that really fill a need it could strengthen our team in the long term.
I don't understand, he is a gun midfielder who kicks goals. We need more like him imo or am I just bias?
"Still waiting for your call Caroline ... not a quote in sight. Don't ever presume to speak on Collingwood's behalf,"
The Boy Who Cried Wolf

Post by The Boy Who Cried Wolf »

Deja Vu wrote:

HELLO!!!!!!
Go entertain yourself...
I have to agree with Defender... it's way past your bedtime.
All Aboard!! Choo Choo!!!
CarringbushCigar
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 7 times

Post by CarringbushCigar »

HELLO!!!!!!

1 may have been converted - but 90% of them will stick to the better end and eventually say they were just supporting 'The Club', conveniently forgetting all the abuse hurled at us "perceptive fellow" for having the kahanas to call it as we saw it.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf

Post by The Boy Who Cried Wolf »

CarringbushCigar wrote:

HELLO!!!!!!

1 may have been converted - but 90% of them will stick to the better end and eventually say they were just supporting 'The Club', conveniently forgetting all the abuse hurled at us "perceptive fellow" for having the kahanas to call it as we saw it.
Its nothing short of an unmitigated disaster!!!
All Aboard!! Choo Choo!!!
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

Bucks2014 wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:I think this could end in our favour. Just need to work the right deal. Beams is not the type we need more of, if we can trade him for players that really fill a need it could strengthen our team in the long term.
I don't understand, he is a gun midfielder who kicks goals. We need more like him imo or am I just bias?
He doesn't have great pace or elite disposal. There are other types we need more. I certainly don't think we could fit more Beams types into our team. Removing one is not ideal, but it could help us better balance our team especially after the loss of Thomas, Wellingham and Lumumba. We desperately need to add pace and creativity.
Well done boys!
Collingwood 4 eternity

Post by Collingwood 4 eternity »

AN_Inkling wrote:
Bucks2014 wrote:
He doesn't have great pace or elite disposal. There are other types we need more. I certainly don't think we could fit more Beams types into our team. Removing one is not ideal, but it could help us better balance our team especially after the loss of Thomas, Wellingham and Lumumba. We desperately need to add pace and creativity.
Who do you suggest we get for him ?
1990 Grand Final :
"From the back pocket, this will be probably the last kick, he need not even kick it, the drought is over. 32 years they've waited, let the celebrations begin" Sandy Roberts
Az

Post by Az »

Bucks2014 wrote:
Had quite a chuckle myself. This year would have looked a lot worse had we not had Beams playing for us. An elite mid who gets 30+, uses it well on BOTH feet, and kicks goals... Yeah forgive me and everybody else in the world who would laugh in your face for saying we don't need more of him.
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

Collingwood 4 eternity wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
Bucks2014 wrote: I don't understand, he is a gun midfielder who kicks goals. We need more like him imo or am I just bias?
Who do you suggest we get for him ?
Plenty of options at Gold Coast. Not so many at Brisbane but their first round pick is a start.
Well done boys!
Beast

Post by Beast »

Defender wrote:Brisbane will have to hand over their first rounder at the bare minimum, I'd want a decent player as well.
I'm sure we'll get a top 5 pick and an up and coming player.

Beams has the potential to become a top 5 player in the league.