What's the last movie you watched?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 47 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
stui magpie
Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 106 times

Post by stui magpie »

hah, maybe my working class background shows out sometimes (no Tannin, don't fall of the chair) cos I get grumpy at snobbery and elitism :wink:

What you said re music I agree with, it's a matter of taste.

I can listen to a variety of stuff, depending on my mood at the time. I've performed classical piano on stage but it isn't something I choose to listen to for entertainment or relaxation.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

Oh you can, can you?
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

I watched Quarantine 2, and Death Tunnel today with Laura, seemed that Death Tunnel stole a lot of the plot from House on Haunted Hill, added a true story angle and was bitterly disappointing.

Quarantine 2 was good though.
watt price tully

On Channel 31 last night:

The Adventures of Barry MacKenzie

A scene towards the end:

Dudley Moore as a psychiatrist asking Barry MacKenzie what his relationship with his mother was like? Bazza replies: "well, she's me mum" - cracked me up.

Put the (modern) Australian Film industry forward. Not a great film but an important film in Australian Film history.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Bruce Gonsalves
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Bruce Gonsalves »

watt price tully wrote:On Channel 31 last night:

A scene towards the end:

Dudley Moore as a psychiatrist asking Barry MacKenzie what his relationship with his mother was like? Bazza replies: "well, she's me mum" - cracked me up.

Put the (modern) Australian Film industry forward. Not a great film but an important film in Australian Film history.
Did you notice the hippy chick singing, was Julie Covington of 'don't cry for me Argentina' fame?
watt price tully

Bruce Gonsalves wrote:
watt price tully wrote:On Channel 31 last night:

A scene towards the end:

Did you notice the hippy chick singing, was Julie Covington of 'don't cry for me Argentina' fame?
Remembered the actor/singer & the name but didn't realise where it was from. Cheers.
think positive
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by think positive »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDcaZ3StTfI

the other woman!!

so bloody funny!!

pissed myself laughing,

scary that i recoginzed several scenes me and my girlfriend did back in the day!!!! :shock: :lol: :lol:
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
mandy

Post by mandy »

Gone Girl. Unfortunately it has the same ending as the book, but otherwise pretty well done.
#TEAMBUCKS
#TEAMEDDIE
#TEAMCOLLINGWOOD
#SIDEBYSIDE
watt price tully

Night of the Hunter (1955) was on late at night on ABC TV last week. Great film:

Directed by Charles Laughton (Who played the hunchback of "Notre Dame" in the original B & W film. Starring an evil Robert Mitchum, Shelly Winters & Lillian Gish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5AKK_om1VU
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 47 times

Post by David »

I've been watching some Whit Stillman films lately. Similarities to Wes Anderson and Woody Allen if you're into that kind of stuff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnytcMClO38

Oh, and I also saw Gone with the Wind at the Astor last weekend, but I can't say I loved it. I'm not quite sure what it is, but there's just something kind of phony about it. It certainly hasn't aged well in the way that some of the great American and European films of the '20s and '30s have.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
watt price tully

The Outlaw (1943)

Basically Billy the Kid, Pat Garrett & Doc Holiday

Produced & Directed by Howard Hughes & co directed by Howard Hawks.

The voluptuous Jane Russell's first film. on ABC the other night - watched it tonight. Marvellous

Check out the trailer: they don't make trailers like they used to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fwi0_k7PgcY
think positive
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by think positive »

Yeah I think I'll stick with young guns 1 and 2! Much cuter!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
watt price tully

On ABC TV over night. Had a nice lazy day off today so watched this:

William Wyler's: The Collector 1965 with a very young Terence Stamp & the delightful Samantha Eggar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUjh5zRTiwc