What's the last movie you watched?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

think positive
Has liked: 253 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by think positive »

luvdids wrote:Have a gold class voucher, can't decide between Monuments Men & The Wolf of Wall Street...... any advice??
Hubby went to monuments men last night, I think he fell asleep, love wolf of Wall Street, and it's long, you'll get your money's worth
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
luvdids

Post by luvdids »

Ohhh, thanks for the tip. Is your hubby generally a 'fall asleeper'? Some people can't help but fall asleep at the movies.

Was thinking about the length of Wall Street, be nice getting food & drinks brought to me every half hour or so :wink:
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 47 times

Post by David »

Not particularly keen on seeing either, but George Clooney is at least likeable. Wolf of Wall Street just kind of sounds depressing.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
think positive

Post by think positive »

luvdids wrote:Ohhh, thanks for the tip. Is your hubby generally a 'fall asleeper'? Some people can't help but fall asleep at the movies.

Was thinking about the length of Wall Street, be nice getting food & drinks brought to me every half hour or so :wink:
He usually likes that kind of thing, doesn't normally fall asleep at the movies, only at home, he just got home, I asked him he said it was really slow. My sister and I watched wolf of Wall Street last week, it's really good. Based on a true story. I guarantee the first 20 min or so you jaw will drop!!

We watched a bali copy at home, the bloody waiter, yep hubby, fell asleep!

Cheers, enjoy
think positive

Post by think positive »

This is the end

Should be the end of a few careers! Rotten tomato time.

But i slept well
David

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
swoop42
Been liked: 6 times

Post by swoop42 »

It's always with trepidation that I click on this thread when I see David is the last contributor half expecting some obscure french film about a blind butcher who likes to dress up like an astronaut and masturbate while sitting in a big bowl of mashed potatoes.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
David

Post by David »

Lol. I hardly think that's an entirely fair caricature... ;)

I do concede that my tastes are a little, well, unique. But go see Wadjda anyway.

http://youtu.be/neU-ycIOCWY
Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

swoop42 wrote:It's always with trepidation that I click on this thread when I see David is the last contributor half expecting some obscure french film about a blind butcher who likes to dress up like an astronaut and masturbate while sitting in a big bowl of mashed potatoes.
LOL.

On a side note I have only just realised what was in Swoops avatar.
Here's me wondering why Hird had cauliflower ears :shock:
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
think positive

Post by think positive »

swoop42 wrote:It's always with trepidation that I click on this thread when I see David is the last contributor half expecting some obscure french film about a blind butcher who likes to dress up like an astronaut and masturbate while sitting in a big bowl of mashed potatoes.
I get that!

I'll try and download it David! Cheers
think positive

Post by think positive »

Marley and me

Stupid stupid stupid,

I didn't cry enough the last time? Poor hubby thought someone had died, cos I woke him up sobbing so loud!
Wokko

Post by Wokko »

I shall be the anti-David :lol:

Man of Steel. Better than the last Superman, but Superman is still a boring superhero.
David

Post by David »

^ Yeah, I made the mistake of seeing Superman Returns. Kevin Spacey made it almost watchable at times, but seriously, who the $@%^ cares about Superman, his all-American wholesomeness and ham-fisted Jesus analogies (what!?).
stui magpie
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 109 times

Post by stui magpie »

I care about superman, I quite enjoyed man of steel, it was a good reboot and in line with how the comics have gone since the whole reboot of the DC universe.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Wokko

Post by Wokko »

They're overkilling the comic reboots though. I mean, it's been 2 years and we're getting another different batman (Affleck lol).