What's the last movie you watched?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

sq3

Post by sq3 »

The Grey - waste of time.

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close - fell asleep twice in the Gold Lounge chairs (very comfortable).

One for the money - KH - what a honey (but looks better as a blonde). Good movie.

Safe Room this week.
Coaches give you direction but skills win you matches.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Watched "The Help" on Blu ray with my family a week or so ago. Quite liked it for what it was limited in some respects not brilliant by any stretch but wonderfully acted by many on the cast.

Yesterday my youngest made the chocolate pie as featured (not exactly as made in the film :lol: ) OMG book me a cardiologist now! magnificent.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Vegas Vacation.

Want to change my name to Nick Papageorgiou.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
watt price tully

A Lebanese film called "Caramel" Lebanon's entry for foreeign film at the 2008 Emmy's apparently.

A bittersweet romantic comedy concerning 5 Muslim & Christian women who work & are customers of a beauty salon in Beirut. It's about people, friendships, relationships, culture & their struggles. I really liked it.

Margaret gave it 3.5 & David gave it 4 stars.

www.abc.net.au/atthemovies/txt/s2350018.htm
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
think positive
Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by think positive »

What'sinaname wrote:Vegas Vacation.

love all those movies, always good for a laugh!!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

A bit of a bump, late night movie the other night on SBS was Godzilla Final Wars, on the 50th anniversary of Godzilla's first appearance in movies.

Just a little about it:
"The film is set in the future where mutant soldiers are in the ranks of the Earth Defense Organization. An alien invasion by the The Xilians unleash a legion of giant monsters across the world, leaving behind only a few surviving humans. The survivors travel to the South Pole to free Godzilla from his frozen prison while another group attempts to infiltrate the alien Mothership and take out The Xilians.

As a 50th anniversary celebratory film, a number of actors from previous Godzilla films appeared as main characters or in cameo roles. Kaiju monsters as well made reappearances, as most were last seen more than thirty years earlier. This is the only Japanese Godzilla film to receive a PG-13 rating."

Anyway, it wasn't completely bad, it was very hi-tech with a lot of special effects which surprised me as most Japanese films I've watched hadn't had so much special effects in them but anyway... I think the script needed some tweaking and the storyline was a bit weak throughout the movie.

Thing that just struck me as silly was when Godzilla had stopped the humans (I assume they were the humans, it was hard to tell which out of the characters were meant to be humans and mutants.) from escaping as Godzilla battled another monster.

Godzilla would stand over them and just stared at them as they left their vehicle which was a drill like space craft. The American stood there with his Samurai sword ready to consider hacking the monster, while the rest had futuristic guns drawn.

Soon a truck would pull up with a man and his grandson to join the standoff, soon even Godzilla's son Minilla would make an appearance, Minilla, and the grandson prevented either side attacking (with Godzillas nuclear laser breath it wouldn't have been long until any battle was over.)

I just found it a tad silly to have these people standing there thinking their weapons would be any defense from this monster. Remember, they dropped an a bomb on this monster in 1985's version and didn't knock him down.

Won't post any other parts of the movie, but there were minor silly parts, and there were some good scenes. This is probably the only monster movie I've ever seen where they were kung fu fighting.

I'd give a 6/10.

The ending and the lead into the ending would get a 5/10.

I may look at getting the dvd, would be interesting to see if they had it in English. ;)
think positive

Post by think positive »

Oceans 11, cool easy to watch entertainment!
think positive

Post by think positive »

I haven't watched it all yet, but wow it's is so good.

I picked it up in the supermarket in the veggie section.

It's called Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead.

It's by an Aussie guy, and it is just unreal. His transformation in 45 days ( I haven't watched the last 15 days worth yet) is truly mind boggling.

And his juice is almost the same as the one junior and I guzzle by the gallon!
Joel

Post by Joel »

Watched the Iron Lady last night. It was good, without being anything special.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 47 times

Post by David »

^ That's how I felt, too. I wasn't bored or anything, but I really struggle to remember anything remarkable or particularly great about the film.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
watt price tully

Watched "Midnight in Paris" tonight on Blu Ray with the family

Loved it.

Wonderful film, reminds me of the old Woody Allen in some respects: Elements of his stand up, The Purple Rose of Cairo etc.
Jezza
Has liked: 196 times
Been liked: 272 times

Post by Jezza »

What'sinaname wrote:Vegas Vacation.

Funny movie, but it wasn't the best out of the 4 Vacation movies.

It was so funny how Rusty kept winning all the cars. About that black jack dealer that Clark could never beat. :lol:
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
David

Post by David »

Last edited by David on Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

Not many people say both.
David

Post by David »