What's the last movie you watched?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

From Friday, until... well Monday/Tuesday I will be watching...

Year One
Little Man
Joe Dirt
Fired Up
Hitman
Maxx Payne
Private Valentine

I had hoped "The Legend of 1900" was going to show up today, but will have to wait until the next week.

Of course Saturday I am meeting some guys for a beer, so that will cut into my movie time.

But I think I can do it.
think positive
Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by think positive »

watched tower hoist!

not bad!

stayed awake!!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
4pies

Post by 4pies »

'despicable me'
love the minions
ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
stui magpie
Has liked: 102 times
Been liked: 111 times

Post by stui magpie »

think positive wrote:Bought the six movie set of rocky on bluray. Watched the first tonight with hubby, who just doesn't get it!

But I loved it! Te theme gunna fly now is my favorite running song!

The story premise, it's not the winning but doing your best and staying the distance, I so get that!

My sister is an Aussie champ, double Olympian, and has 2 commonwealTh games medals.

I'd kill for that talent!

My gym has all my old netball, horse riding, etc trophy and ribbons on the walls. My best a state novelty riding ribbon, first in bending! I still remember it like yesterday! my favorite, a champion novelty rider sash, for winning the most events at the one show. We, me and my horse Clyde, won the bending, the old English plate, second in the barrel race, and sadly, I'm lousy in the sack! Fell over and didn't place!! Came down to me and a fair dinkum cowboy in the flag and barrel race. We were flag for flag, he whipped his horse into a frenzy, I chucked my crop away. I knew Clyde would give his all. His horse was a whole hand Taller than my pony, but we had him, got him at the last flag, won by half a length. He protested. Wanted a rerun. I said you want it that bad, take the sash, but my horse is dripping gallons of sweat, he just ran his heart out, and he's done. You want it that bad, you take it, but you didn't win it. He walked. Every time I want to quit running, I just look at that sash, and I keep on going....

I also have the runners up trophy from the season my knee finally gave out, with one match to play....that makes me keep going too, cos you never know when it's going to be the last time you get to play....

I can't compete at anything anymore, except against myself in the gym, but I'll never quit, cos it's not the winning, it's going the distance!

Okay, okay, haven't had more than half a glass in two weeks, so two tonight was probably a mistake! Someone shut me up!!
My sympathies to your husband. :P
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Go_The_Mighty_Magpies

Post by Go_The_Mighty_Magpies »

I watched Firewall on TV last night. Good movie. I had seen it before but it took me some time to recall that I had.. Does that happen to any of you sometimes?
There is just one team we favour...
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 47 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
think positive

Post by think positive »

stui magpie wrote:
think positive wrote:Bought the six movie set of rocky on bluray. Watched the first tonight with hubby, who just doesn't get it!

But I loved it! Te theme gunna fly now is my favorite running song!

The story premise, it's not the winning but doing your best and staying the distance, I so get that!

My sister is an Aussie champ, double Olympian, and has 2 commonwealTh games medals.

I'd kill for that talent!

My gym has all my old netball, horse riding, etc trophy and ribbons on the walls. My best a state novelty riding ribbon, first in bending! I still remember it like yesterday! my favorite, a champion novelty rider sash, for winning the most events at the one show. We, me and my horse Clyde, won the bending, the old English plate, second in the barrel race, and sadly, I'm lousy in the sack! Fell over and didn't place!! Came down to me and a fair dinkum cowboy in the flag and barrel race. We were flag for flag, he whipped his horse into a frenzy, I chucked my crop away. I knew Clyde would give his all. His horse was a whole hand Taller than my pony, but we had him, got him at the last flag, won by half a length. He protested. Wanted a rerun. I said you want it that bad, take the sash, but my horse is dripping gallons of sweat, he just ran his heart out, and he's done. You want it that bad, you take it, but you didn't win it. He walked. Every time I want to quit running, I just look at that sash, and I keep on going....

I also have the runners up trophy from the season my knee finally gave out, with one match to play....that makes me keep going too, cos you never know when it's going to be the last time you get to play....

I can't compete at anything anymore, except against myself in the gym, but I'll never quit, cos it's not the winning, it's going the distance!

Okay, okay, haven't had more than half a glass in two weeks, so two tonight was probably a mistake! Someone shut me up!!
My sympathies to your husband. :P
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Watched "The Guard" last night hired a DVD. Very funny. Liked it a lot.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_kJ3d1vqs4
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Piethagoras' Theorem
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

David wrote:
Pied Piper wrote:Here's one for David; I saw Autoluminescent last night, the Richard Lowenstein-directed doco about former Birthday Party/These Immortal Souls guitarist Rowland S Howard.

It's overlong, and a bit bloated with its own self-importance; the first half in particular is slow, filled with lots of luminaries telling you how great he was. All true, but you knew that already, right? Not too many people are going to see this film without knowing who the man was and why he mattered. It maintains your interest largely thanks to Howard's outsized charisma (a dying man has never looked so beautiful) and the fact that the film's beautifully lit and shot.

The second half is much better and genuinely moving as it delves into the second phase of his life - his solo career, ill health and relationships. I'll probably blog about this, so I'll leave further description, but suffice to say it's worth seeing if you're interested in this stuff, and probably baffling to the uninitiated. :)

I've also got a piece coming out on Howard's masterpiece from 1999, Teenage Snuff Film, in a week or so.
I saw the premiere at MIFF and had a similar impression. I love Howard's music, but I'm sick of talking heads in documentaries making predictable comments. I wish there was a better way of doing this kind of film. I agree though that it's really beautifully made. It frustrated me at times, but it was hard not to get slept away with the song played over the end credits (Autoluminescent).
I watched a bit of it the other night, on abc2 I think it was. Can't say I knew anything about the man but I was captivated. One thing that stood out for me was yet another example of the link between immense talent, drug use and tortured souls. I was also swept away by the song (Autoluminescent), reminded me very much of something out of a Thom Yorke catalogue
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
think positive

Post by think positive »

"faster" with The Rock.

He comes across as mentally challenged for most of the movie.

He doenst look as cute as usual with all the fake scars.

He doesn't get his shirt off enough.

Ie crap movie!

Nice car though!

Then we watch "The long kiss goodnight" again.

Always liked that movie, just love Gina Davis.

Nice easy movie to watch.

Post by 5150 »

Watched Machete (based on the Nicks reviews)

As ordinary as it was, it was ok to watch. Its one of those films where you need to take off your serious hat!.
think positive

Post by think positive »

5150 wrote:Watched Machete (based on the Nicks reviews)

As ordinary as it was, it was ok to watch. Its one of those films where you need to take off your serious hat!.
yeah me too! its a bit of a laugh, i liked it!!

good to see the ugly guy as the "good" guy for a change!!
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

[quote]

yes him or her too is a laugh he or she liked it. I suppose that makes sense.

Post by 3.14159 »

watched Terence Malick's "The New World" last nite.
Colin Farrel, Chris Plummer,
Christian Bale and Q,Orinaka Kilcher in the story of Capt Smith, Pocahontas and the settling of Virginia.
I thunk it was going to be a soapy romance but it's far from that.
Well researched (i watched the Extras), gripping, beautifully acted and shot.
i give it 4 stars.

watched j.j abramms Star-Trek on Fridae, what a disappointment.
Not 1 robot in the hole bleedin film.
HAL, ring Robot Equitty and get sum answers!
think positive

Post by think positive »

3.14159...etc wrote:watched Terence Malick's "The New World" last nite.
Colin Farrel, Chris Plummer,
Christian Bale and Q,Orinaka Kilcher in the story of Capt Smith, Pocahontas and the settling of Virginia.
I thunk it was going to be a soapy romance but it's far from that.
Well researched (i watched the Extras), gripping, beautifully acted and shot.
i give it 4 stars.

watched j.j abramms Star-Trek on Fridae, what a disappointment.
Not 1 robot in the hole bleedin film.
HAL, ring Robot Equitty and get sum answers!
Is " the new world" a new movie?